What's going on???

Rainbow

I don't know guys.

I don't think his style or music could change that easy. I get what you mean with the 'famous designer' and such things....but comon!

If he didn't do this, you would say, (like some of you has already said): 'I don't like how all the shows are like the same...' I remember ther ewas a thread or somethin about his...

HE must change! Well, not like Madonna...but sure he needs to change. He can't do the same things all the time....and if you guys feel 'bored' after a few 'same' shows....what does MIKA HIMSELF FEEL? He is there on each of the shows....he might just wants some change. Like you sometimes rearrange your room. OR your wardrobe.

DOn't be so serious about that, it's natural. And we should feel lucky cos he wants more and more and more.

I don't think he will never be like any REALLY FAMOUS celebrity.

He is Mika, a kind of boy who doesn't easily lets to be influenced.

I hope you get what I'm talking about.

I do! Thanks!:wub2:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After I saw the video on the holding page on Mikasounds I started thinking that maybe I am not waiting for the second album that much.

Simply because in that video I saw a different Mika...he used to be known as the famous curly singer who hasn't got bitten by this whole thing of celebrity bug...and suddenly he changed!

I mean...no more Converse! Now is Louboutin and all these fancy names...he was talking about the website as if he was on a teleshopping programme or something.

Really I don't know if it's just me but I am really CONCERNED about him!

I don't want him to change! If he would change than this world will turn out to be truly hopeless.

I know he might feel like growing up but I don't think this mature look will suit him that well...

I feel like that thing with "I'm not doing this for money!" is not working for me anymore...(but who am I after all?:boxed:)

I'm sorry but I am worried about him, and Meeks if you are reading this I need to tell you something: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE! :no::protest::emot-sad:

i hate this kind of threads, sorry but the whol thing was going on even then when he cut his hair and wore orange polo shirt, people relax.

i actally think that he is just turning evrything to a NEW LEVEL. as he said millions of times its naturally that he as bigger venues and he has to make a bigger show, because its a lot more people him to entertain, its nice when in small venues he is just singing not with a very big "show" going on but its just a new level, and im VERY HAPPY about him . i wish him a good luck and im going to love him no matter what <3

this is i think some kinda 5th thread about "mika changing". aaggrr i just hate it.

sorry, just my opinion.

i hate this kind of threads, sorry but the whol thing was going on even then when he cut his hair and wore orange polo shirt, people relax.

i actally think that he is just turning evrything to a NEW LEVEL. as he said millions of times its naturally that he as bigger venues and he has to make a bigger show, because its a lot more people him to entertain, its nice when in small venues he is just singing not with a very big "show" going on but its just a new level, and im VERY HAPPY about him . i wish him a good luck and im going to love him no matter what <3

this is i think some kinda 5th thread about "mika changing". aaggrr i just hate it.

sorry, just my opinion.

I think you're absoltly right, that's what I wanted to say too, but I didn't know how xD

After I saw the video on the holding page on Mikasounds I started thinking that maybe I am not waiting for the second album that much.

Simply because in that video I saw a different Mika...he used to be known as the famous curly singer who hasn't got bitten by this whole thing of celebrity bug...and suddenly he changed!

I mean...no more Converse! Now is Louboutin and all these fancy names...he was talking about the website as if he was on a teleshopping programme or something.

Really I don't know if it's just me but I am really CONCERNED about him!

I don't want him to change! If he would change than this world will turn out to be truly hopeless.

I know he might feel like growing up but I don't think this mature look will suit him that well...

I feel like that thing with "I'm not doing this for money!" is not working for me anymore...(but who am I after all?:boxed:)

I'm sorry but I am worried about him, and Meeks if you are reading this I need to tell you something: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE! :no::protest::emot-sad:

All the things he said on the video, are for his work, which is naturally going to evolve with each album he brings out.

He is still the same Mika underneath.

If he was going all celebrity on us, I'm pretty sure Sara and myself wouldn't have had the conversation with him we had a few weeks back.

He was totally relaxed, happy to chat with us, and incredibily excited talking about the Paris show (and VERY persausive in getting us to go) and the plans for the website. He asked me how work was going, and we chatted about that for at least 5 minutes.

If he was going all celeb on us, there's no way we would have been doing THAT!

So don't worry, it's just that he takes his work very seriously, and he obviously wants to get it right.

And as far as the money issue goes, this show alone has cost him a fortune, he's not making anything out of it. It's his dream, and the money for him doesn't come into it. So NO change there!

As usual, I catch the thread when too much has been said, so I will just quote a few posts that I agree with, to kind of state my own opinion that way.

I mean, if others have already expressed it so nicely, why repeat the effort, right?:naughty:

Highlighting the ones I agree with the most.

I don't really think you are alone with your observations.

The teleshopping channel comparison gets very near to what I thought watching the video. (I almost waited for his voice to be dubbed in the same awful way we get those homeshopping programmes on German TV, or even a second person popping up, maybe in shape of Yasmine, being all enthousiastic, yelling 'Ohh look at this, isn't it fantastic?... Call now, or you will regret it, there are only so many items left... blah')

I don't think it was meant to evoke those images in people's heads, though :wink2:

I think the 'I'm not doing it for money' period has long gone yet I think this is more because he has got a foretaste of what he can do with all the bucks show-wise than a simple case of sudden greed.

Also I guess the music business is not so much different from any other industry when it comes to wanting to be creative and individual. You can try but it takes a lot of effort and eventually you may find it's much more convenient and stressless to give in and adapt to the wishes of those who have a say.

I'm not concerned about Mika, because he won't personally suffer from the result of that adaptation process. It'll make things easier for him, he'll eventually see some money and be able to afford nice things like private jets.

I have to admit, I also think the new approach doesn't suit him very well, but that's just my opinion. A lot of others will think differently.

And for the change, you can't avoid it, everything changes and everybody does.

Even if Mika isn't exactly what he claims to be, it's hardly gonna change the fact that he's an amazing artist :blink:

Quoting you just for the fun of it, so you can't go editing it later, LOL!

Considering the number of amazing artists out there, there's little left to make him special then.

Without all the claiming I wouldn't be here for sure :no:

And in spite of all the amazingness of his artistic/professional side I wouldn't have travelled to see his show more than once if I hadn't been so smitten with what I thought was his personality. Or maybe is part of his personality.

We will never know. Which can be good or bad. :naughty:

Yes, I agree.

He is a great artist, but it's the "little bit extra" which made me pick him out of many other artists that I really like, in order to become a proper "fan" for the first time of my life.

I agree with Kata to some extent although I don't think his initial image was a total sham. I think he was just working within his resources at the time.

I remember a few people voicing similar concerns when they saw the MTV Awards. Saying that the elaborate set and performance was not "Mikaish". But I think it was more Mikaish than anything he had done up to that point.

When I first saw Mika he was wearing Converse, skinny jeans and a t-shirt and he just sort of danced around a little bit on a bare stage. Because he couldn't afford the elaborate sets and costumes that he's probably been dreaming of creating since he was a teenager. There was no room on the stage for him to dance and run around. He couldn't hire backup singers or bring horns and strings with him.

But even on that night things began to change as Mika donned a rented animal costume for the first time to perform Lollipop. I think Mika has been working since day one to bring his wild imagination to fruition on the stage and he cannot do it alone or even just using the resources of his family. I am not surprised that he is hiring set and clothes designers to help make it happen now that he can afford it and the size of the event dictates it.

I don't think Mika is driven by money in the sense that he wants to live in a huge mansion and drive around in a pimped out Escalade. But I'm sure he is driven to get the resources to make the kind of shows he's always wanted to put on and make his life more comfortable when he's on the road.

I am not too crazy about this stiff Mika either. As his performances have stepped up he seems to be entirely too preoccupied with scripting and timing everything so that it all flows without a pause or a hitch and now he's doing it on the video as well. I wish he could find a better balance between his spontaneous self and the great showman he has become. But you know, he's barely 2 years into being a performer and living under public scrutiny so I'm not panicking just yet.

Yes, that is one of my main bug bears with him. The fact that the more he has developed, he's lost the spontaneity which is what I liked most about him.

Or lost it to a certain degree.

I am not too keen on the whole "stage uniform" either ,where you watch a video and you have no clue of what night it is, as he wears the exact same outfits over and over. Everything is staged to the milimetre and it loses soul.

I say: Mika, let go.

Relax, chill, have fun!!

All the things he said on the video, are for his work, which is naturally going to evolve with each album he brings out.

He is still the same Mika underneath.

If he was going all celebrity on us, I'm pretty sure Sara and myself wouldn't have had the conversation with him we had a few weeks back.

He was totally relaxed, happy to chat with us, and incredibily excited talking about the Paris show (and VERY persausive in getting us to go) and the plans for the website. He asked me how work was going, and we chatted about that for at least 5 minutes.

If he was going all celeb on us, there's no way we would have been doing THAT!

So don't worry, it's just that he takes his work very seriously, and he obviously wants to get it right.

And as far as the money issue goes, this show alone has cost him a fortune, he's not making anything out of it. It's his dream, and the money for him doesn't come into it. So NO change there!

Yes, I think you have a point, but he has slowly changed in a way, to make everything more "professional", and it has imo made him lose a bit of soul and uniqueness.

Although he was extremely sweet that night, of course, and remembering makes me kinda think again...

I guess that what I didn't like about the blog was how commercial it all was, how scripted, how artificial, and the constant name dropping of designers.

I am one who doesn't give a hoot about designers and think that they are over inflated personas, so of course I will see it differently than say for example Carry from S8x and The City would, hehe...

OK EVERYBODY!

Look, I'm really really really really sorry I've said something in the first place!!!

Don't be mad at me cause I really dont feel that well (PMS) and it makes me feel guilty about everything!!!

I'm so so so so so sorry!

I've had a good sleep after the sleepless night I went through and when I woke up I watched that video again and felt lot better about it

Is the same Mika I knew it's just me who had a bad day yesterday and caused me this misunderstanding!

I'm sorry once again!!!:sad:

so...I can't wait to see the pics and vids from the upcoming venue!!!!!!:wub2:

MIKA IS DA BEST AND I LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!:wub2::mf_lustslow:

P.S. stop making me feel so guilty please!!:huh: didn't mean to say anything wrong...! REALLY!

I agree with Kata to some extent although I don't think his initial image was a total sham. I think he was just working within his resources at the time.

I remember a few people voicing similar concerns when they saw the MTV Awards. Saying that the elaborate set and performance was not "Mikaish". But I think it was more Mikaish than anything he had done up to that point.

When I first saw Mika he was wearing Converse, skinny jeans and a t-shirt and he just sort of danced around a little bit on a bare stage. Because he couldn't afford the elaborate sets and costumes that he's probably been dreaming of creating since he was a teenager. There was no room on the stage for him to dance and run around. He couldn't hire backup singers or bring horns and strings with him.

But even on that night things began to change as Mika donned a rented animal costume for the first time to perform Lollipop. I think Mika has been working since day one to bring his wild imagination to fruition on the stage and he cannot do it alone or even just using the resources of his family. I am not surprised that he is hiring set and clothes designers to help make it happen now that he can afford it and the size of the event dictates it.

I don't think Mika is driven by money in the sense that he wants to live in a huge mansion and drive around in a pimped out Escalade. But I'm sure he is driven to get the resources to make the kind of shows he's always wanted to put on and make his life more comfortable when he's on the road.

I am not too crazy about this stiff Mika either. As his performances have stepped up he seems to be entirely too preoccupied with scripting and timing everything so that it all flows without a pause or a hitch and now he's doing it on the video as well. I wish he could find a better balance between his spontaneous self and the great showman he has become. But you know, he's barely 2 years into being a performer and living under public scrutiny so I'm not panicking just yet.

This is the first post in this topic that actually made sense to me. Well put.

P.S. stop making me feel so guilty please!!:huh: didn't mean to say anything wrong...! REALLY!

You don't need to apologize or feel guilty. A lot of fans have had the same reaction when they realize that perhaps Mika is not what they had first imagined. It's impossible to know someone based on a few interviews and an album so what we project onto Mika isn't always who he really is.

Some people have no problems with it and some people are disillusioned by it and go through a phase of feeling disappointed. But even commercial video Mika still has big dimples, loves his Mama and is a mindblowingly good singer...so it's hard to feel too cheated in the long run.

sorry, just my opinion.

I totally agree with bubuciiis, this is what he has worked for and dreamed of! to be a superstar! I just adore him and I am sooo happy for him!! You go Beautiful Mika!!:thumb_yello:I hope every one of your dreams come true!!:mf_lustslow:

I UNDERSTOOD, OK? stop poking me in the eye(I feel bad)..I'm sorry for what I've said!!!

I love Mika too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's why I'm concerned!

Thanks for making me undrestand that I should be grateful to him because everything he's doing (website, album) is for his fans and if he changes it's natural...:blush-anim-cl: shame on me!!!

Thank you! :huglove:

That's okay don't worry. But I don't think Mika was ever just content to be a singer/songwriter, on a simple stage. It would have been enough for us, but from the very start he began putting more and more into his concerts. To me, it was obvious he was a showman trying to get out and do his thing. This does not mean he would neglect his music. He would not do that, but he's capable of so much more as well!!!

To be honest, I'm so glad about that. I have been so fed up with people thinking he was just a copy of someone else (Freddy Mercury etc) I knew there was much more to come, and that one day the world would have to sit up and take notice of MIKA!

Soon they will have to and there won't be a radio station around the worldwho would dare ignore him soon

Don't worry! It's not that serious is you catch my drift. Mika is going to do what he wants to. Everyone changes, it just a fact of life. I love Mika's music, and I'm sure all of you do to. If he changes his tune on his second album, I'm not going to stress. I have way more important things to worry about than his cds. At the end of the day, it's his music, and he can do what he wants. I'm going to like him anyways tho. lol! Cus he's a pretty cool guy.:cool:

OK EVERYBODY!

Look, I'm really really really really sorry I've said something in the first place!!!

Don't be mad at me cause I really dont feel that well (PMS) and it makes me feel guilty about everything!!!

I'm so so so so so sorry!

I've had a good sleep after the sleepless night I went through and when I woke up I watched that video again and felt lot better about it

Is the same Mika I knew it's just me who had a bad day yesterday and caused me this misunderstanding!

I'm sorry once again!!!:sad:

so...I can't wait to see the pics and vids from the upcoming venue!!!!!!:wub2:

MIKA IS DA BEST AND I LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!:wub2::mf_lustslow:

Don't apologise, there is no need. You didn't say anything bad, so no need to say anything.

Don't apologise, there is no need. You didn't say anything bad, so no need to say anything.

It's healthy to discuss things. It's much better to get other peoples' points of view, than to sit worrying about something, and not say anything. Discussions help us put things into perspective, and then we begin to feel better.

Well I think you know how I feel about it all, I mainly added the last part because I don't want to always be the mean one :boxed: Nah we'll never know, but it seems we see more and more of the side of him that I don't really like as much. Anyway I've brought this up time and again for more than a year and it always ends with everyone escaping back into the lollipop world and me standing as the mean bully outside. And I so wanna join them all in there, it's so much nicer :crybaby:

I understand what you mean Kata, I don't want to think the worst either so I look for reasons why he chose to say this, that or the other, why did we need the name dropping for example, I think it's cos HE feels this guy is awesome so that should make US feel he is splashing out and giving us what HE considers is the best. (I'm good at making up excuses no (or is that finding a reason?) lol).

guess I'm not ready to stay out of the marshmallow casltle for too long just yet. :wink2:

You don't need to apologize or feel guilty. A lot of fans have had the same reaction when they realize that perhaps Mika is not what they had first imagined. It's impossible to know someone based on a few interviews and an album so what we project onto Mika isn't always who he really is.

Some people have no problems with it and some people are disillusioned by it and go through a phase of feeling disappointed. But even commercial video Mika still has big dimples, loves his Mama and is a mindblowingly good singer...so it's hard to feel too cheated in the long run.

lol:wub2::punk:

That's okay don't worry. But I don't think Mika was ever just content to be a singer/songwriter, on a simple stage. It would have been enough for us, but from the very start he began putting more and more into his concerts. To me, it was obvious he was a showman trying to get out and do his thing. This does not mean he would neglect his music. He would not do that, but he's capable of so much more as well!!!

To be honest, I'm so glad about that. I have been so fed up with people thinking he was just a copy of someone else (Freddy Mercury etc) I knew there was much more to come, and that one day the world would have to sit up and take notice of MIKA!

Soon they will have to and there won't be a radio station around the worldwho would dare ignore him soon

This reminds me of an interview he did last year, just after he did the Berkeley Square show in London, where he was asked if he thought he was becoming a showman.

He pulled a face and said he was more of a show off than a showman, he considered people like Bobby Darin to be of that ilk, not himself.

I'd be curious to see if he still feels that way.

I liked LICM, and the shows he put on, and I hope I like his new album

and his new show - time will tell. He is growing -whether we like it or

not, he will do what HE wants - and live out his fantasies. I like his

music, and most of the personality he has shown - but if I don't like what

he does in the future I have the choice - to stay or walk.

This is not as deep as some of the other posts - its just how I feel.

Mika will be what he wants to be - its his career!! :thumb_yello:

This reminds me of an interview he did last year, just after he did the Berkeley Square show in London, where he was asked if he thought he was becoming a showman.

He pulled a face and said he was more of a show off than a showman, he considered people like Bobby Darin to be of that ilk, not himself.

I'd be curious to see if he still feels that way.

True true... but at the same time he also always said he wanted to do this big circus thing. The idea is quite old, and I guess Paris was the perfect occasion to do this. I don't really see a contradiction with what he used to say cause I do expect him not to really "stage himself". I don't know how to express this... I don't think he'll do a Robbie Williams kinda show, arriving flying, with big explosions and his face all over big screens. I do more tend to think the show itself will be more impressive, but not the part he gives himself in it. So it will be a greater show, but he won't be a real showman... Does that make any sense it's 2:30 AM :roftl::roftl:

i think he has changed.. like all do

he has learnt a lot travelling, doing gigs.. everybody`s change with time and mika is not the exception

i hope he changes for good and became if it is possible a better artist and human being :)

I see what you mean, but noone knows who the real Mika is. From my POV it seems he's doing everything he's dreamed of but never got the oppurtunity to do so in the beginning. But now with his success, he has his chance to do what he wanted to do in the first place :original:

True true... but at the same time he also always said he wanted to do this big circus thing. The idea is quite old, and I guess Paris was the perfect occasion to do this. I don't really see a contradiction with what he used to say cause I do expect him not to really "stage himself". I don't know how to express this... I don't think he'll do a Robbie Williams kinda show, arriving flying, with big explosions and his face all over big screens. I do more tend to think the show itself will be more impressive, but not the part he gives himself in it. So it will be a greater show, but he won't be a real showman... Does that make any sense it's 2:30 AM :roftl::roftl:

even it`s late.. true and make sense! :bleh:

mika like the backstreet boys with the plane and the fans crtying would be too much lol

I guess dropping the designers names and stuff was a bit like "oh geeze" to me, and the whole stiff, sorta formal blog..but then again. it is his job as Christine said.

I just think now that he has enough money and is well on his way with the second album, he is finally blowing everyone out of the water and living his dream and creating his dream...its amazing to watch. I am really excited to see what he comes up with...

plus, I agree with some of what has been said about the comparisons. With this show maybe they will end and it will be just Mika. not "Oh that guy like Freddie."