What's going on???

Rainbow

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Kata to some extent although I don't think his initial image was a total sham. I think he was just working within his resources at the time.

I remember a few people voicing similar concerns when they saw the MTV Awards. Saying that the elaborate set and performance was not "Mikaish". But I think it was more Mikaish than anything he had done up to that point.

When I first saw Mika he was wearing Converse, skinny jeans and a t-shirt and he just sort of danced around a little bit on a bare stage. Because he couldn't afford the elaborate sets and costumes that he's probably been dreaming of creating since he was a teenager. There was no room on the stage for him to dance and run around. He couldn't hire backup singers or bring horns and strings with him.

But even on that night things began to change as Mika donned a rented animal costume for the first time to perform Lollipop. I think Mika has been working since day one to bring his wild imagination to fruition on the stage and he cannot do it alone or even just using the resources of his family. I am not surprised that he is hiring set and clothes designers to help make it happen now that he can afford it and the size of the event dictates it.

I don't think Mika is driven by money in the sense that he wants to live in a huge mansion and drive around in a pimped out Escalade. But I'm sure he is driven to get the resources to make the kind of shows he's always wanted to put on and make his life more comfortable when he's on the road.

I am not too crazy about this stiff Mika either. As his performances have stepped up he seems to be entirely too preoccupied with scripting and timing everything so that it all flows without a pause or a hitch and now he's doing it on the video as well. I wish he could find a better balance between his spontaneous self and the great showman he has become. But you know, he's barely 2 years into being a performer and living under public scrutiny so I'm not panicking just yet.

Nice input :thumb_yello:

I agree with you! :thumb_yello:

It's nice to know! :)

that sounds waaaaaaaaaay too serious isn't it?

No,it's just the way it really is.

Of course! That is the MFC!!!! I feel automatically and directly better and happy when I come to the MFC :wub2:

Yes,me too!:wub2:

course we are!!!! as long as we're fans of Meeks!!!

:punk:

2985_184420_250.jpg

connie_45.gif

Maybe in the end it even doesn't matter so much what is real and what is fake but what we make of it. connie_31.gif

Guess so. Think I'm not gonna bother answering these threads anymore anyway.

I agree with Kata to some extent although I don't think his initial image was a total sham. I think he was just working within his resources at the time.

I remember a few people voicing similar concerns when they saw the MTV Awards. Saying that the elaborate set and performance was not "Mikaish". But I think it was more Mikaish than anything he had done up to that point.

When I first saw Mika he was wearing Converse, skinny jeans and a t-shirt and he just sort of danced around a little bit on a bare stage. Because he couldn't afford the elaborate sets and costumes that he's probably been dreaming of creating since he was a teenager. There was no room on the stage for him to dance and run around. He couldn't hire backup singers or bring horns and strings with him.

But even on that night things began to change as Mika donned a rented animal costume for the first time to perform Lollipop. I think Mika has been working since day one to bring his wild imagination to fruition on the stage and he cannot do it alone or even just using the resources of his family. I am not surprised that he is hiring set and clothes designers to help make it happen now that he can afford it and the size of the event dictates it.

I don't think Mika is driven by money in the sense that he wants to live in a huge mansion and drive around in a pimped out Escalade. But I'm sure he is driven to get the resources to make the kind of shows he's always wanted to put on and make his life more comfortable when he's on the road.

I am not too crazy about this stiff Mika either. As his performances have stepped up he seems to be entirely too preoccupied with scripting and timing everything so that it all flows without a pause or a hitch and now he's doing it on the video as well. I wish he could find a better balance between his spontaneous self and the great showman he has become. But you know, he's barely 2 years into being a performer and living under public scrutiny so I'm not panicking just yet.

i totally agree:thumb_yello:

After I saw the video on the holding page on Mikasounds I started thinking that maybe I am not waiting for the second album that much.

Simply because in that video I saw a different Mika...he used to be known as the famous curly singer who hasn't got bitten by this whole thing of celebrity bug...and suddenly he changed!

I mean...no more Converse! Now is Louboutin and all these fancy names...he was talking about the website as if he was on a teleshopping programme or something.

Really I don't know if it's just me but I am really CONCERNED about him!

I don't want him to change! If he would change than this world will turn out to be truly hopeless.

I know he might feel like growing up but I don't think this mature look will suit him that well...

I feel like that thing with "I'm not doing this for money!" is not working for me anymore...(but who am I after all?:boxed:)

I'm sorry but I am worried about him, and Meeks if you are reading this I need to tell you something: DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE! :no::protest::emot-sad:

I see nothing wrong! I can't understand why anyone thinks that!! If he stayed the same it would be weird.

The way I see it is that he has a bit more money now, but rather than buy a house in Hollywood etc, he's spending money on his website, to include the fans in his life! He's spending money on his concerts, to make them bigger and better.

All this is what I hoped would happen... and it has!!!

At his heart, he's still the same Mika. He has ALWAYS been this unique individual who was just waiting for a chance to blossom. He was never an 'Ugly Duckling', but he always had the potential to be a swan.

Now he has the chance to REALLY show what he can do and what he's capable of. I see a dazzling future for Mika as the world's most magnificent showman!!

Instead of worrying about whether he's changed, or matured (and he probably has matured a bit) we should be thanking our lucky stars that this incredible individual is as much a part of our lives as he is, and is letting us in on all the stuff he's doing!

I think he's being a brilliant star, keeping us all informed!!

Well done Mika!!! I love you!!!

I see nothing wrong! I can't understand why anyone thinks that!! If he stayed the same it would be weird.

The way I see it is that he has a bit more money now, but rather than buy a house in Hollywood etc, he's spending money on his website, to include the fans in his life! He's spending money on his concerts, to make them bigger and better.

All this is what I hoped would happen... and it has!!!

At his heart, he's still the same Mika. He has ALWAYS been this unique individual who was just waiting for a chance to blossom. He was never an 'Ugly Duckling', but he always had the potential to be a swan.

Now he has the chance to REALLY show what he can so and what he's capable of. I see a dazzling future for Mika as the world's most magnificent showman!!

Instead of worrying about whether he's changed, or matured (and he probably has matured a bit) we should be thanking our lucky stars that this incricible individual is as much a part of our lives as he is, and is letting us in on all the stuff he's doing!

I think he's being a brilliant star, keeping us all informed!!

Well done Mika!!! I love you!!!

I UNDERSTOOD, OK? stop poking me in the eye(I feel bad)..I'm sorry for what I've said!!!

I love Mika too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's why I'm concerned!

Thanks for making me undrestand that I should be grateful to him because everything he's doing (website, album) is for his fans and if he changes it's natural...:blush-anim-cl: shame on me!!!

Thank you! :huglove:

...I have only read 2-3 posts of this thread, but I honestly think you are reading too much into that video message. I can't see any evidence of him trying to change or having changed already....

I think Christine is absolutely right in saying that Mika now simply has the time and means to bring his wild imagination alive on stage and in all the outputs / formats you come across with him as an artist (i.e paying more attention to the artwork and the whole context his music is placed in...)

That I consider a good thing and this itself proves that he hasn't changed a bit, considering that he could have simply gone off to the Bahamas for months or spend his nights boozing with celebrity pals... Instead, he starts working after a week....

This is the same boy who started out and hope he will remain the same person in 20 years - though I don't expect him in tight red trousers when he is 45...:naughty:

...I have only read 2-3 posts of this thread, but I honestly think you are reading too much into that video message. I can't see any evidence of him trying to change or having changed already....

I think Christine is absolutely right in saying that Mika now simply has the time and means to bring his wild imagination alive on stage and in all the outputs / formats you come across with him as an artist (i.e paying more attention to the artwork and the whole context his music is placed in...)

That I consider a good thing and this itself proves that he hasn't changed a bit, considering that he could have simply gone off to the Bahamas for months or spend his nights boozing with celebrity pals... Instead, he starts working after a week....

This is the same boy who started out and hope he will remain the same person in 20 years - though I don't expect him in tight red trousers when he is 45...:naughty:

I wish you read more and see that I'm back on earth (...or whatever) and I eventually understood that is pointless to think that deep...

He's THE best after all, right? :wink2:

Thanks for making me undrestand that I should be grateful to him because everything he does he does it for us

Ummm...I wouldn't go that far. :naughty:

I think a lot of Mika's real personality and imagination shines through in what he does, but ultimately he is doing a job. He's not Mother Teresa.

Ummm...I wouldn't go that far. :naughty:

I think a lot of Mika's real personality and imagination shines through in what he does, but ultimately he is doing a job. He's not Mother Teresa.

OMG I just realised how DUMB that sounded:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:I'm sooo embarressed :sad:....what I meant is that this whole updating thing, new album...etc. it's done for his fans....:naughty:

That's what I meant!!!!

He does everything for us.. :das::chkn: Sorry, couldn't resist.. :lmfao::lmao:

super reply!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: made my day!!!!

I edited my original message anyway!!! hope you understood what I actually meant!

I think this is a very good assessment of the situation.

I do think he sounded like the shopping channel. And he hasn't given us the daily input he said he would.

(*rant follows* why oh why bother to say it? Hasn't he learnt the nature of fandom even yet? If he says it and doesn't deliver we get our knickers in a knot. If he didn't say it, we wouldn't. Even if he had used the word "sometimes"...I will write blog updates sometimes so you can see what I am up to... instead of this "daily blog" idea which we know he can never keep up....*end of rant*)

No need to be defensive about posts. People can agree to disagree.

THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT MIKA.

He is a complex person just as we all are. And who I am now is not who I was five or ten years ago. That would just be boring. Do you think you would like to be who you were five years ago? This is just Mika evolving with more resources, as Christine says.

OMG I just realised how DUMB that sounded:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:I'm sooo embarressed :sad:....what I meant is that this whole updating thing, new album...etc. it's done for his fans....:naughty:

:wink2: It's not dumb.

But I think there is a middle ground between Mika-is-a-fraud and Mika-is-Santa-Claus. You don't have to paint him as Mother Teresa just to keep yourself from going to that dark place where you wonder if he's changing into something you don't like.

Mika is doing a job and like any of us in our jobs we have a professional facet to our personality. Mika was not all lollipops and bright colours in his personal life, even when his public image was all about lollipops and bright colours.

Mika has made it clear right from his earliest interviews that there is a piece of him that he wants to retain for himself and his close family and friends. I think we should probably respect that and not be disappointed that he can't share everything with us and that his life isn't all about doing things for fans.

I agree with you two!:thumb_yello:

You are sooooooo out of the point....you're sooooooooo wrong.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

It's Kata's opinion, which I agree with to a degree. Doesn't make it wrong.

2985_184420_250.jpg

connie_45.gif

Maybe in the end it even doesn't matter so much what is real and what is fake but what we make of it. connie_31.gif

I agree VS, a conclusion I came to this time last year after many discussions about Mika's "project"

I don't know guys.

I don't think his style or music could change that easy. I get what you mean with the 'famous designer' and such things....but comon!

If he didn't do this, you would say, (like some of you has already said): 'I don't like how all the shows are like the same...' I remember ther ewas a thread or somethin about his...

HE must change! Well, not like Madonna...but sure he needs to change. He can't do the same things all the time....and if you guys feel 'bored' after a few 'same' shows....what does MIKA HIMSELF FEEL? He is there on each of the shows....he might just wants some change. Like you sometimes rearrange your room. OR your wardrobe.

DOn't be so serious about that, it's natural. And we should feel lucky cos he wants more and more and more.

I don't think he will never be like any REALLY FAMOUS celebrity.

He is Mika, a kind of boy who doesn't easily lets to be influenced.

I hope you get what I'm talking about.

Mika has been wanting to do what he does now for his entire life, and now that he has it, he wants to use it to the full potential. He writes songs for himself and performs for us.

He may be using big name designers, but the music business is fast-paced, and you've got to keep up. I believe that Mika knows what he wants in his mind, but because it's so fantastical, he needs a lot to bring it to life- which is why he has to spend so much on the stage show.

Besides, isn't this the same person, who early on admitted to getting custom made underwear?:naughty:

I wish you read more and see that I'm back on earth (...or whatever) and I eventually understood that is pointless to think that deep...

He's THE best after all, right? :wink2:

Welcome back to Planet Earth... :biggrin2:

... but jokes aside, I think you are perfectly entitled to think a bit a deeper into anything you read or watch... My opinion was just an opinion after all, so you can always stick to your intuition - no one knows the ultimate truth...:wink2:

Welcome back to Planet Earth... :biggrin2:

... but jokes aside, I think you are perfectly entitled to think a bit a deeper into anything you read or watch... My opinion was just an opinion after all, so you can always stick to your intuition - no one knows the ultimate truth...:wink2:

..Only Meeks does :wink2: