REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @ Rock Werchter Festival, Werchter, Belgium

mana

i remember deb tried to do something similar...copying all the valuable links in the first post of the report threads...but she gave up, maybe because she was alone doing this.

talk to your fellow mods! and see what's the best for the community and for you.

i loved the chatting myself many times...but now it may become too much.

think of tonight!!!:shocked:

i think we'd better be prepared to have all materials well displayed and organized.

i'm being selfish now...i'll be away from this afternoon till sunday night WITH NO INTERNET!

i'm only trying to figure out what i'll find on sunday night........and i faint!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - so basically each gig would have three threads;

-One attached to the calendar when it's first announced, for gig-goers to do all their pre-gig planning

-One "normal" review thread created as the show is wrapping up, where people can post reviews as well as random chatter, if they're so inclined, and

-One locked thread where mods copy just pics/vids/audio and member reviews. The upside would be that it would consist of only live content - the downside is that there might be a bit of a lag if the normal review thread is very busy, or if no mods are online for a long period of time.

Let me know if my idea is wonky and half baked - it's 2am here, it's the hottest it's been all summer, and I think the late night and the heat are making me a bit crazy. :insane:

It sounds like a lot of work, but also brilliant.

There would be a slight lag in the locked thread, but it would still serve it's purpose well. And people can look back on it at any time and see all the important stuff all together easily, like Robertina said, even for non-regular-MFCers who just want the facts.

Is it possible to open a thread to just some people who volunteer each gig to do the updates, if it's too much work for mods at the time? OR it can just be made very clear what the thread is for, absolutely no discussion, and just quotes/posts of important information, and keep it open, and just double post things into there when it's seems important enough?

I wonder if the Parc des Princes gig is the right one to be trialing these new systems on :roftl:

OK chief complainer returns.

Mana I like the ideas, but it is a lot of work for mods jumping between threads. I think rather than a separate thread, you could just keep the first post in each review thread updated with the news, after all, as mods, you can access that, no matter who starts the thread.

The frustration of the original calendar date thread for a gig is that when the excitement flows thick and fast, there are too many RSVPs to scroll through at the top of each page and everyone gets mad. That was why we started separate threads last tour. I don't think we need to start the review thread later...I can't bear scrolling through RSVPS and have been known to go off and start review threads myself in frustration.:bleh:

I am all for the excited anticipating or even ogling posts, I have certainly done my fair share. But maybe in the first post of a review thread, we could mention in bold that we need to try to keep to the topic, which is photos vids and reviews of that show.

Of course we should post opinions and such, but if the first link on the thread is full of all the info, then we can make a choice about just catching up on that, or reading the whole thread and experiencing the excitement that happened during the waiting time.

Thoughts?

PS. If people post youtube links that are not relevant to this gig, I would like to request that they mark them as such, not just post a Here you are sort of link. Is that too much to ask?

Mana I like the ideas, but it is a lot of work for mods jumping between threads.

I'll run it by the other mods and see what they say; on one hand, having a separate thread that's only for content - no chatter - would be handy, but you're right that it makes more work. Not such a big deal for the smaller shows, but a lot of work for shows like Paris and Amsterdam.

Anyhow, I'll see what they say and see if we can't get something sorted out that works for everyone. :thumb_yello:

OK chief complainer returns.

Mana I like the ideas, but it is a lot of work for mods jumping between threads. I think rather than a separate thread, you could just keep the first post in each review thread updated with the news, after all, as mods, you can access that, no matter who starts the thread.

The frustration of the original calendar date thread for a gig is that when the excitement flows thick and fast, there are too many RSVPs to scroll through at the top of each page and everyone gets mad. That was why we started separate threads last tour. I don't think we need to start the review thread later...I can't bear scrolling through RSVPS and have been known to go off and start review threads myself in frustration.:bleh:

I am all for the excited anticipating or even ogling posts, I have certainly done my fair share. But maybe in the first post of a review thread, we could mention in bold that we need to try to keep to the topic, which is photos vids and reviews of that show.

Of course we should post opinions and such, but if the first link on the thread is full of all the info, then we can make a choice about just catching up on that, or reading the whole thread and experiencing the excitement that happened during the waiting time.

Thoughts?

PS. If people post youtube links that are not relevant to this gig, I would like to request that they mark them as such, not just post a Here you are sort of link. Is that too much to ask?

*agrees on the scrolling note* :naughty:

But the thing is, this is what we try and do everytime,but we still end up with a 100 page thread, with like .. 90% ogling/discussion/whatever posts compared to report posts. We try and stay on topic, but little deviations just happen. And there are some people who don't like the read all the ogling or whatever, especially if you're catching up well after it happened. But if you're there when it happens you want to be a part of the ogling.

I don't know how much we can trust ourselves, I guess we won't really know until we try, but I think if we make a " REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS of MIKA @" (normal) thread, and a "REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS ONLY" thread, but have it open for anyone to go and post the actual updates in as they appear in the normal thread it should work?

A thread like that (rather than an edited first post), be it mod-only or open, would be really organised and a good archiving type of thing, I dunno, it just sounds like such a good idea to me :bleh:

P.S. Right NOW we are deviating from the reports-only thing :blink:

Yes agree we need something , I read through and am kinda lost and its mega un focused ..

Any idea what he sang? :blink:

Relax, Take It Easy

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Ring Ring

Stuck in the Middle

Just Can't Get Enough (cover by Depeche mode:

[that's the depeche mode version (good tip btw BS)]

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

then we have desperate cases as FD...and things get more complicated!!!

ahahahahahah

FD i love you

I love you too

One thread just with an actual review we need , as stated not sure of we have the capacity to do that or what it would take , but the end goal should be that

Relax, Take It Easy

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Ring Ring

Stuck in the Middle

Just Can't Get Enough (cover by Depeche mode:

[that's the depeche mode version (good tip btw BS)]

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

No new songs .. mmmm Paris launch for that I think

Tell me about it. I've already moved on to caring about the Parc des Princes gig :naughty:

It's a new day. I'm ready:cool:

That's way more important :naughty: Ah and I'm not going to be here. Hopefully there'll be interesting stuff to read and lovely pics to see when I get back :bleh:

That's way more important :naughty: Ah and I'm not going to be here. Hopefully there'll be interesting stuff to read and lovely pics to see when I get back :bleh:

Same here. Thank god for cameras:bow: