Go To Mikasounds - Blog Updates Thread

Fmbm

Hey did you download the mp3 of the beginning of the Nimes vid?? Mirtilla made it as a ringtone.

The You lahk mah glassez....nahce x 3... bit:roftl:

Ha ha, have to dig out my phones usb connector:naughty:.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in the architecture exhibit blog, someone recommended that Mika look up nano-sculptor Willard Wigan. I don't know if Mika did, but I did, and it really is something.

He makes sculptures out of dissected dust particles and sugar crystals and spiderwebs! The idea of dissecting a dust particle is pretty amazing to me.

Snow White and Co within the eye of a needle:

wigan_snow_white_sfw.jpg

Henry XIII and his wives:

wigan_king_henry_viii_sfw.jpg

He was also dyslexic and started making tiny sculptures and dollhouse furniture to distract him from being teased at school. :thumb_yello:

Willard was an undiagnosed dyslexic, always struggled at school and said that his teachers singled him out for mockery. “It wasn’t easy being black and not being able to read or write in Birmingham in the 60’s. But the racism didn’t bother me so much. You don’t sense it so much when you’re a kid.”

One day when he skipped school, he hid in the family shed and became fascinated by the activities of some ants. “My mum encouraged me to make a little house for them, using little splinters and bits of plastic.” he said. “It went from an ant house to a whole ant estate. I don’t think the ants were that grateful because I had to lure them in with grains of sugar.”

http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/artist-willard-wigan-dreams-do-come-true/art

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUXiwn9djU

--Jack

wigan_snow_white_sfw.jpg

--Jack

wow:shocked:

these are just amazing!

i also like his story about ants:wub2:

I haven't noticed any real spam so far. But then, I haven't really taken apart every single one of his 10000 comments. Not sure who said it (and it's quite irrelevant) but right after the secret of how to comment was revealed, the "they're spamming him already" started. I can't quite believe that. I wonder if we're talking about the same thing using the dirty s-word. Of course it annoys me to see spam in its original meaning (as for commercial intents), or the miles of ARGENTINA/MEXICO or unaltered, repeated messages about Patricia's three pages envleope not this week but the week before...

But quite frankly, I've seen nothing of that over there so far. I don't know why everybody is suddenly panicking about MIKA having spam on his blog as if it was something... serious or dangerous even. I also have a feeling that comments are considered spam while they are just comments. If someone feels like retreating to the usual 'I LOVE YOU MIKA', as boring as it is, they have a right to do so. I would assume that to the average mass of people 99% of all the comments they read on MIKA's blog are pretty meaningless (except for their own ones, of course), and yes, I do find it annoying if people post comments just for the sake of it. Personally, I think that not every blog needs my comment, so if I'm not exactly blown away by it, or just can't think of anything better than 'I like it. Thank you', I think, I might as well leave it. But this is not everybody's opinion and everyone has a right to leave their two cents on the page. And if it is MIKAAA I love you, or 'I find that striped shirt INCREDIBLE! WOW!', then be it. It will not happen, that Mika is getting a preselection of the five most meaningful comments. This is always subjective. If people want him to know that the blue stripes are the best they have ever seen in their entire life, nothing can prevent them from doing it. Besides 'ARGENTINA' you'd just have to put 'thank you', 'love you', 'incredible', 'amazing', 'fantastic', 'funny', 'hilarious' etc. on the blacklist to get rid of most of the comments. And that's probably not what the comment function was meant for.

Can't we just relax a bit, he's a big boy, he can deal with a bit of 'spam', if by spam you mean the usual blabla. It's very clear as well, that the problem is not the spam in itself but the sheer amount of comments floating in there. Understandable, that everybody considers their own comment most important/funny/worth reading blah... but that fear of having them drowned in tons of spam is quite arbitrary at this point IMO, plus it's just a blog and it's just comments.

Same here !

Are we too hyper

Just a bit :fisch: I think my blood pressure's rose since yesterday.

Hey did you download the mp3 of the beginning of the Nimes vid?? Mirtilla made it as a ringtone.

The You lahk mah glassez....nahce x 3... bit:

She did!!!! :shocked: Where's the link! Where where!!!? :boing:

Same here :roftl: And I love the accent :naughty:

So do I :roftl: I've got a feeling I'll be using it from now on :doh:

Back in the architecture exhibit blog, someone recommended that Mika look up nano-sculptor Willard Wigan. I don't know if Mika did, but I did, and it really is something.

He makes sculptures out of dissected dust particles and sugar crystals and spiderwebs! The idea of dissecting a dust particle is pretty amazing to me.

wigan_snow_white_sfw.jpg

He was also dyslexic and started making tiny sculptures and dollhouse furniture to distract him from being teased at school. :thumb_yello:

Willard was an undiagnosed dyslexic, always struggled at school and said that his teachers singled him out for mockery. “It wasn’t easy being black and not being able to read or write in Birmingham in the 60’s. But the racism didn’t bother me so much. You don’t sense it so much when you’re a kid.”

One day when he skipped school, he hid in the family shed and became fascinated by the activities of some ants. “My mum encouraged me to make a little house for them, using little splinters and bits of plastic.” he said. “It went from an ant house to a whole ant estate. I don’t think the ants were that grateful because I had to lure them in with grains of sugar.”

--Jack

Wow, that is truly something :shocked: That is amazing!! Can't be easy to do such a thing.

I haven't noticed any real spam so far. But then, I haven't really taken apart every single one of his 10000 comments. Not sure who said it (and it's quite irrelevant) but right after the secret of how to comment was revealed, the "they're spamming him already" started. I can't quite believe that. I wonder if we're talking about the same thing using the dirty s-word. Of course it annoys me to see spam in its original meaning (as for commercial intents), or the miles of ARGENTINA/MEXICO or unaltered, repeated messages about Patricia's three pages envleope not this week but the week before...

But quite frankly, I've seen nothing of that over there so far. I don't know why everybody is suddenly panicking about MIKA having spam on his blog as if it was something... serious or dangerous even. I also have a feeling that comments are considered spam while they are just comments. If someone feels like retreating to the usual 'I LOVE YOU MIKA', as boring as it is, they have a right to do so. I would assume that to the average mass of people 99% of all the comments they read on MIKA's blog are pretty meaningless (except for their own ones, of course), and yes, I do find it annoying if people post comments just for the sake of it. Personally, I think that not every blog needs my comment, so if I'm not exactly blown away by it, or just can't think of anything better than 'I like it. Thank you', I think, I might as well leave it. But this is not everybody's opinion and everyone has a right to leave their two cents on the page. And if it is MIKAAA I love you, or 'I find that striped shirt INCREDIBLE! WOW!', then be it. It will not happen, that Mika is getting a preselection of the five most meaningful comments. This is always subjective. If people want him to know that the blue stripes are the best they have ever seen in their entire life, nothing can prevent them from doing it. Besides 'ARGENTINA' you'd just have to put 'thank you', 'love you', 'incredible', 'amazing', 'fantastic', 'funny', 'hilarious' etc. on the blacklist to get rid of most of the comments. And that's probably not what the comment function was meant for.

Can't we just relax a bit, he's a big boy, he can deal with a bit of 'spam', if by spam you mean the usual blabla. It's very clear as well, that the problem is not the spam in itself but the sheer amount of comments floating in there. Understandable, that everybody considers their own comment most important/funny/worth reading blah... but that fear of having them drowned in tons of spam is quite arbitrary at this point IMO, plus it's just a blog and it's just comments.

Agree, mostly. I'm the same and don't feel I need to post a comment on every blog he writes. But I'd prefer not scroll through those long "come to ********" comments, they've always driven me nuts. I think the one thing I have agreed on that I have read so far is a character limit. That would be nice.

And I want to go and read through some comments, but I've found it tedious already. Perhaps later, with a strong coffee.

Or bottle of Baileys. :naughty:

The wizard of Oz :roftl:

banano107.jpg

My all time favourite movie.. :wub2:

btw,

Has this been mentioned anywhere else:

MikaSoundsBlog

Last Sign in: 1 hour ago

*etc etc*

Label Type: Unknown <<<<<<<<<<<<< :blink:

I'm sure the other day that said something else.

btw,

MikaSoundsBlog

*etc etc*

Yes I saw that today :blink:

btw,

MikaSoundsBlog

*etc etc*

It still says major casablanca on his myspace, so i wouldn't worry.:bleh:

Yes I saw that today :blink:

I just tried to find another artists official YT page..

On Coldplay's page it says:

Record Label: EMI

Label Type: Major Label

So Mika's should say

Record Label: Universal

(edit: the old MikaSounds said the label was Island.. )

wigan_snow_white_sfw.jpg

--Jack

Holy cow, this is absolutely fantastic!! :shocked::shocked:

His MikaSoundsOfficial youtube channel says

Record Label: Island Records

And VS there was "online poker" spam...real spam...with heaps of URLs and crap on the blog comments yesterday.

Just FYI

His MikaSoundsOfficial youtube channel says

Record Label: Island Records

And VS there was "online poker" spam...real spam...with heaps of URLs and crap on the blog comments yesterday.

Just FYI

MS hasn't been logged into for 3 weeks though..

And I'm sure I saw "Major Label" written on MSB the other day.. I'm convinced it's since disappeared.

Kelzy did you Ommmmm??

Is Nono in bed??

Right.

Another blog, introducing kinetic artist Theo Jansen.

(I suggested his new album be called Kinetic Picnic on that name the new album thread on here...just a funny coincidence!!)

EDit: I also suggested Kinetic Galaxy. (I just searched Kinetic on MFC...now it will appear in more than just my posts. Damn.)

MS hasn't been logged into for 3 weeks though..

And I'm sure I saw "Major Label" written on MSB the other day.. I'm convinced it's since disappeared.

No MSOfficial. It hasn't been logged into for 8 months:naughty:

At least it doesn't use the picture I don't like. Was I rude telling him to change it??:mf_rosetinted:

Kelzy did you Ommmmm??

Is Nono in bed??

Right.

Another blog, introducing kinetic artist Theo Jansen.

(I suggested his new album be called Kinetic Picnic on that name the new album thread on here...just a funny coincidence!!)

:roftl::roftl: So that's why we got this blog. *goes to check it out*