Go To Mikasounds - Blog Updates Thread

Fmbm

sorry, i went to Mikasounds but i have a message :" not allowed to register", i am in holydays, i ll try again , but the 2 links mirti and christine don't work ....

i only can see the videos and read the posts ?

You can post a comment Lilli, even if you can't register. Go to the bottom of the Mikasounds page, there's a comment section there.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry, i went to Mikasounds but i have a message :" not allowed to register", i am in holydays, i ll try again , but the 2 links mirti and christine don't work ....

i only can see the videos and read the posts ?

you don't have to register now.. just comment.. :thumb_yello:

I got a little question!

WHO IS JOHN???

NO IDEA!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Kelzy did you Ommmmm??

Is Nono in bed??

Right.

Another blog, introducing kinetic artist Theo Jansen.

(I suggested his new album be called Kinetic Picnic on that name the new album thread on here...just a funny coincidence!!)

I sent Nono to bed about an hour ago and we ommmmm'd on MSN :naughty:

*goes to look*

No MSOfficial. It hasn't been logged into for 8 months:naughty:

At least it doesn't use the picture I don't like. Was I rude telling him to change it??:mf_rosetinted:

omg.. How lazy!!

No, I loved that :roftl: I agree.

I don't know...just watching th Nimes vid over and over again:naughty: I could hear his mother answering the phone and saying:

"Hello, John! we're on our way!"...am I the only one who noticed that???:shocked:

I go into town and come back to another blog x I thought our boy was supposed to be on holiday in August...

maybe he's going spend his hols researching weird and wonderful artists for us :naughty: x

weird but fascinating sculpture in the vid though x

I don't know...just watching th Nimes vid over and over again:naughty: I could hear his mother answering the phone and saying:

"Hello, John! we're on our way!"...am I the only one who noticed that???:shocked:

I don't think it's Mika's mum :wink2: There's another woman in the car as well, it's probably her.

Back in the architecture exhibit blog, someone recommended that Mika look up nano-sculptor Willard Wigan. I don't know if Mika did, but I did, and it really is something.

He makes sculptures out of dissected dust particles and sugar crystals and spiderwebs! The idea of dissecting a dust particle is pretty amazing to me.

Snow White and Co within the eye of a needle:

wigan_snow_white_sfw.jpg

Henry XIII and his wives:

wigan_king_henry_viii_sfw.jpg

He was also dyslexic and started making tiny sculptures and dollhouse furniture to distract him from being teased at school. :thumb_yello:

Willard was an undiagnosed dyslexic, always struggled at school and said that his teachers singled him out for mockery. “It wasn’t easy being black and not being able to read or write in Birmingham in the 60’s. But the racism didn’t bother me so much. You don’t sense it so much when you’re a kid.”

One day when he skipped school, he hid in the family shed and became fascinated by the activities of some ants. “My mum encouraged me to make a little house for them, using little splinters and bits of plastic.” he said. “It went from an ant house to a whole ant estate. I don’t think the ants were that grateful because I had to lure them in with grains of sugar.”

http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/artist-willard-wigan-dreams-do-come-true/art

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUXiwn9djU

--Jack

Thanks Jack, this truly amazing!:thumb_yello:

I go into town and come back to another blog x I thought our boy was supposed to be on holiday in August...

maybe he's going spend his hols researching weird and wonderful artists for us :naughty: x

weird but fascinating sculpture in the vid though x

Just to keep us occupied for the whole month :naughty:

I hope he writes a blog telling us when he goes on holiday so we know when to expect nothing :fisch:

Just to report back on my spamming experiment.

I cannot see my post!! Is this a success??

Pamette you wrote that I left out Brittany, so you must have posted after me, but did you actually see my spam??

Looks like he is learning the ropes.:naughty:

geeeeeee!

new blog! :http://www.mikasounds.com/2008/08/01/theo-jansen-bmw-commercial-2/

have you seen this yet?

I love it. It's like magic :)

I commented, and I wrote this:

"thanks for sharing, this really made me smile. The words of that man are inspiring as well...

...Just like your music is. The feeling inside us when we listen to it, it's something ethereal, that cannot be clasified. It's The air that moves our lives every day , and I think I'm not exaggerating much :) "

Do you think he will understand what I tried to say? :naughty:

Just to report back on my spamming experiment.

I cannot see my post!! Is this a success??

Pamette you wrote that I left out Brittany, so you must have posted after me, but did you actually see my spam??

Looks like he is learning the ropes.:naughty:

I saw it, but now it's not there :blink: