"Rain," Everybody!

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, i tried sorta explaining this when the Happy Ending video came out. Some thought it was cheesy, which I could understand, but I don't feel it's THAT cheesy (only bit that eltmakes me cringe slightly is the ending when he's floating off and the alarm goes off lol) but sometimes you have to look PAST that, deconstruct it/strip it apart, and see WHY they work, what certain bits mean etc. I mean this in a Media Studies way, as I have deconstructed music videos before, but the same can be done with poems. Now, I'm not a poem fan at all, but I still had to deconstruct them in English and once you find that golden core that holds all it's meaning, you see something different in it; suddenly it makes sense, and suddenly you feel a spark of emotion and realisation. You feel what that poet must have felt when they wrote it and it makes it more precious.

Sometimes, you just have to put your mind into someone else's and see their point of view. Now, you might have just cooked a huge meal and not been able to eat it all so you throw it away, it means nothing to you, you buy your food at the supermarket, but another person might not have your privilege. They could be homeless/in poverty. We take advantage of a lot of things and we forget to value them or realise how valuable they are, but you look through the eyes of another person and you see just how much we throw away/regard as trash/waste everything.

I know I'm getting a little deep here LMAO, please don't bite me, but sometimes I don't think it hurts to read the lyrics, give yourself a little imagination, and then make a conclusion, rather than just going "no, don't like it!"

although if you have tried that and still don't like it, then each to their own =] it's not like a have a problem with people not liking it lol, just giving another POV...

hahaha we're very opposite :roftl: i thin happy ending is A.) Cheesy B.) not a lot of thought went into it and C.) The camera is veryyyy blurryish . not really focused , like most videos. I don't try and analyze everything mia does , because to me , he is a popstar . LOL. He's very Euro pop , nothing really like a rockstar , or elton john ish . Idk. IMO.

Really off topic: I love that screencap of Brandon in your siggie:lmfao:

Mahahahah, thanks! :roftl:

I have heard it :wub2: Though I loveee it, I have to agree with M and heineken; his voice wasn't quite on top form :blink:

I really like the lyrics, despite how his voice sounded. xD

Here's my Rain:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37809046

Quite far :thumbdown: but the audio is all right

Thanks a bunch Sara :thumb_yello: I love the view of the crowd!

Now I can't decide if it's "rain and rain" or "...let it rain..."

I love his expressions..esp the ending...I love his teeth and they looked beautiful (don't know why I have a thing for teeth :blink::roftl:)

but sometimes you have to look PAST that, deconstruct it/strip it apart, and see WHY they work, what certain bits mean etc.

If you need to deconstruct a 3 minute pop song in order to appreciate it on any level that tells me that it's not working at all. It's pop music. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you need to listen to it many times and break it down in order to convince yourself it's not bad, it has failed the test of being a good pop song.

If you need to deconstruct a 3 minute pop song in order to appreciate it on any level that tells me that it's not working at all. It's pop music. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you need to listen to it many times and break it down in order to convince yourself it's not bad, it has failed the test of being a good pop song.

:lmfao: That's ezzzacvtly what I was thinking christine !!! Popsong...

Thanks a bunch Sara :thumb_yello: I love the view of the crowd!

Now I can't decide if it's "rain and rain" or "...let it rain..."

i guess it's "let it rain and rain":blink:

Agreed. Music is a form of art yes, but most music is made for an audience or to reach out to people, so too abstract or not understandable becomes boring and frustrating because you can't relate. But I don't feel the need to strip and deconstruct this song, because I enjoy listening to it, especially the Piano. :wub2:

I finally heard the song. I couldn't download it, and the quality of the vids on youtube was poor also. But now finally I saw a good movie! I think it's a lovely song, it's very sensitive and touchy. Maybe not really Mika was one of the first things I thought, but now when I've been listening it for a few times, and I realize that I just absolutely love it! :shocked:

It really gives me goosebumps. :wub2:

I think it's not about pop. It's an emotional song and it's ok if you need to hear it again and again to know what the song makes you feel.

It's not only "enjoyable", cause it's not a happy song.

that is by far the best video I have seen so far of Rain...wow, looks like he is really pouring (pun intended) his heart into that song. :wub2:

Notice he says "acoustic version".....hmmm

I hope the studio version is very similar to the live version...this song is too beautiful to be over-processed, but I bet Christine will disagree :naughty:

Here's my Rain:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=37809046

Quite far :thumbdown: but the audio is all right

this is definetly the best audio i've heard:punk:

i love the smile he does at the end...although you can't see it in this version of vid..it's absolutly:wub2:

i think he should preform and keep it acoustic..i don't think he has enough that have him with just piano on LICM...but then again if he releases an acoustic and studio recorded version that'd just make me even more happy:bleh: cause then everyone's happy!

this is definetly the best audio i've heard:punk:

i love the smile he does at the end...although you can't see it in this version of vid..it's absolutly:wub2:

i think he should preform and keep it acoustic..i don't think he has enough that have him with just piano on LICM...but then again if he releases an acoustic and studio recorded version that'd just make me even more happy:bleh: cause then everyone's happy!

I would love to here a string section on this, personally. Orchestra influence makes his songs sound fuller in my opinion, like the ending of Happy Ending and Any Other World, soo beautiful. they really make the songs pack a punch.

I would love to here a string section on this, personally. Orchestra influence makes his songs sound fuller in my opinion, like the ending of Happy Ending and Any Other World, soo beautiful. they really make the songs pack a punch.

Yeah.

I think it would be great if he just recorded it with himself at the piano.:wub2: