"Rain," Everybody!

I think it's beautiful..

If he added more strings it would be gorgeous. In the last chorus where the backup singers join in, there should me more strings. Like Happy Ending, but with less.

Also, I agree with some of you about his falsetto. Sometimes he goes so high in the chorus, you can't hear what he's singing and it just sounds like he's saying "Rain rain rain, rain rain".

And if he changed it down to an octave lower... I don't know. It just wouldn't have the same effect in my opinion. I mean, we haven't heard it in a lower octave, but if I just imagine listening to it like that.. It would feel strange. Haha.

So I think keeping the falsetto in it would be best.. Maybe he can just pronounce the things better? :wink2:

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the song stuck in my head for the last couple of days now, and I'm really enjoying it. I do think it's a beautiful song... a few things I'd change, but I think I'm going to like the recorded version of it.

Funny that I said it would end up being "forgettable" and now I have it stuck in my head!

I think it's beautiful..

If he added more strings it would be gorgeous. In the last chorus where the backup singers join in, there should me more strings. Like Happy Ending, but with less.

Also, I agree with some of you about his falsetto. Sometimes he goes so high in the chorus, you can't hear what he's singing and it just sounds like he's saying "Rain rain rain, rain rain".

And if he changed it down to an octave lower... I don't know. It just wouldn't have the same effect in my opinion. I mean, we haven't heard it in a lower octave, but if I just imagine listening to it like that.. It would feel strange. Haha.

So I think keeping the falsetto in it would be best.. Maybe he can just pronounce the things better? :wink2:

I have to say, the falsetto thing in that song at some point sounds like he's being tortured (sorry for being so cruel, I had to compare it to something), there is this dramatic effect, when you listen to it, but at the same time it's just too much, it starts to get really painful, at least for my ears. Maybe it is ment to sound sad, it's like crying of a suffering person who is lacking love, or something. I agree, it's very moving, I feel touched when I listen to it, but I can't actually understand at some point what he's singing, I agree with you here. He probably should do something with that matter unless he wanted it to sound like this. Maybe that was his intention, I respect his decissions, he's a wise man. The thing is, that 'Rain' makes me very thoughtful and I can't really say if it's bad that it sounds a bit like dirge.

In fact, this song makes me feel in very contradictory ways, if you know what I mean... I think that is the fact, that makes 'rain' beautiful in my ears. And now I confused myself. I first said it's painful and then it's beautiful. Maybe that's the point. :huh::giveup:

I have to say, the falsetto thing in that song at some point sounds like he's being tortured (sorry for being so cruel, I had to compare it to something), there is this dramatic effect, when you listen to it, but at the same time it's just too much, it starts to get really painful, at least for my ears. Maybe it is ment to sound sad, it's like crying of a suffering person who is lacking love, or something. I agree, it's very moving, I feel touched when I listen to it, but I can't actually understand at some point what he's singing, I agree with you here. He probably should do something with that matter unless he wanted it to sound like this. Maybe that was his intention, I respect his decissions, he's a wise man. The thing is, that 'Rain' makes me very thoughtful and I can't really say if it's bad that it sounds a bit like dirge.

In fact, this song makes me feel in very contradictory ways, if you know what I mean... I think that is the fact, that makes 'rain' beautiful in my ears. And now I confused myself. I first said it's painful and then it's beautiful. Maybe that's the point. :huh::giveup:

Yeah, I see what you mean...

I have sort of mixed feelings about this song. I love it, but when it gets to the last chorus, it sort of gets a bit crazy with his voice.

I think he might need to learn to control his voice a bit more. He has an amazing one, but sometimes it sounds like he's screaming and yelling. :wink2:

I love the song and all but that made me laugh so hard. :naughty:

(probably because it is true to an extent)

so now we know what Mika sounds like being tortured...:mf_rosetinted:

I love the song and all but that made me laugh so hard. :naughty:

(probably because it is true to an extent)

so now we know what Mika sounds like being tortured...:mf_rosetinted:

But he does, doesnt he? :blush-anim-cl: I know, I exaggerated a bit, but that was just a comparison. :thumb_yello: It doesn't change the fact, that I listen to this song over and over and over and over again.

May i just remember to everyone that it is a LIVE VERSION, if his voice is not "perfect" to you maybe you belong to the people who dont like live versions in general because you like it when everything is under control, "perfect", and fake straight from the studio, in that case i would suggest you to wait patiently for the studio outake and everything will be fine, there is a band i used to see live all the time and then i stopped going because all the songs performed live were exactly like the cd, some people loved it, so called perfectionists, i didnt, i dont see the point if a live performance is "flawless", if it sounds like the song on the cd, thats xxxxxxx boring, he is not a xxxxxxx robot...though sometimes...well anyway back to the lyrics, he really says TRIAL, i know im not english but i dont get how you can hear TRAP, its not the same sound at all, trap is brief and trial is more like tri-al and in the version we have he pronounces it very clearly.

May i just remember to everyone that it is a LIVE VERSION, if his voice is not "perfect" to you maybe you belong to the people who dont like live versions in general because you like it when everything is under control, "perfect", and fake straight from the studio, in that case i would suggest you to wait patiently for the studio outake and everything will be fine, there is a band i used to see live all the time and then i stopped going because all the songs performed live were exactly like the cd, some people loved it, so called perfectionists, i didnt, i dont see the point if a live performance is "flawless", if it sounds like the song on the cd, thats xxxxxxx boring, he is not a xxxxxxx robot...though sometimes...well anyway back to the lyrics, he really says TRIAL, i know im not english but i dont get how you can hear TRAP, its not the same sound at all, trap is brief and trial is more like tri-al and in the version we have he pronounces it very clearly.

My boyfriend used to be that way....he would complain that the live versions didn't sound as good as the studio version. He'd also ask me what the point in going to concerts was when you had the music on a CD sounding perfect.

I've changed his mind since then. :roftl:

My boyfriend used to be that way....he would complain that the live versions didn't sound as good as the studio version. He'd also ask me what the point in going to concerts was when you had the music on a CD sounding perfect.

I've changed his mind since then. :roftl:

omfg, thats awful,lol

i ´ve had this debate like 67890+7 times and i still get really mad anytime i hear anything like that, come on thats the all beauty of it, i came to the conclusion that those people were not really sensitive, i dont know, i know some people who hate live performances, thats crazy, a live performance can evolve through the years, the song on the cd is stuck in time and sometimes with the years its kind of dead and over, but you can bring it alive on stage...everything live is so much better. Like 2 weeks ago and 3 days ago i saw 2 concerts where the singers were like dead and on a cd, the music was perfect but it was pointless. perfection is not always the key to beauty.

omfg, thats awful,lol

i ´ve had this debate like 67890+7 times and i still get really mad anytime i hear anything like that, come on thats the all beauty of it, i came to the conclusion that those people were not really sensitive, i dont know, i know some people who hate live performances, thats crazy, a live performance can evolve through the years, the song on the cd is stuck in time and sometimes with the years its kind of dead and over, but you can bring it alive on stage...everything live is so much better. Like 2 weeks ago and 3 days ago i saw 2 concerts where the singers were like dead and on a cd, the music was perfect but it was pointless. perfection is not always the key to beauty.

I understand how you feel. I used to get really frustrated when he said that, but it turned out he was half-way serious, half-way just trying to tease me. Before he met me, he had only been to one concert and I quickly remedied that! Now he loves going to concerts almost as much as I do. :)

Also in regard to the part that I bolded, I find it very difficult to watch someone perform live that tries to perform the song exactly the same as the studio version. If artists perform that way, then I really do know that it's alright to stay home and listen to the CD.

Same....I hope 'Rain' won't ruin my holidays, just like 'Umbrella' did last year! It had been raining constantly for 3 weeks!!!!!!! :roftl::lmao::mf_rosetinted:

That's what happened here :naughty: And as soon as it wasn't no1 anymore it went all sunny. Odd :naughty:

That's what happened here :naughty: And as soon as it wasn't no1 anymore it went all sunny. Odd :naughty:

really?

we are runing out of water in turkey:shocked:

*goes to listen "rain" and "umbrella"*

omfg, thats awful,lol

And then there are artists, who sound horrible live and that's awful, they must rely heavily on protools to fix them in studio. Even on tv appearances, some artists sound awful.

I think it's the mark of a truly talented artist to be able to enhance a song live and bring it to another level. :wub2:Mika :wub2:

That's one thing I've been wanting to comment on, all the changes I've heard this past week, to enhance the old songs. Like the carnival type sound in Love Today. What a true artist and musician to be able to continue to evolve and enhance the music as time goes on. :wub2:

And then there are artists, who sound horrible live and that's awful, they must rely heavily on protools to fix them in studio. Even on tv appearances, some artists sound awful.

I think it's the mark of a truly talented artist to be able to enhance a song live and bring it to another level. :wub2:Mika :wub2:

That's one thing I've been wanting to comment on, all the changes I've heard this past week, to enhance the old songs. Like the carnival type sound in Love Today. What a true artist and musician to be able to continue to evolve and enhance the music as time goes on. :wub2:

thats why Mika is so amazing in my eyes, exactly.

Yeah! I did a project in 7th grade on the first thing you're saying, and just the dynamics of that in the pop music industry. My 'bad examples' included Avril Lavigne (who didn't sound very good live- especially on her early stuff then) and Britney. Looking back, my 'good examples' are the ones who changed pop music now, since then. Crazy revelation! Mika wasn't around then, but seeing how an artist could be so much more developed, probably helped open the way for innovators like Mika.

Same....I hope 'Rain' won't ruin my holidays, just like 'Umbrella' did last year! It had been raining constantly for 3 weeks!!!!!!! :roftl::lmao::mf_rosetinted:

My family and I have been saying the same thing. Since last year we have blamed Rhianna for the rain, but this year it's all Mika's fault!

I think it's beautiful..

I think this thread is really good, because we can all see the potential here with this song. The main thing about it being, that once you hear it, you can't stop it playing in your head.

Mika is testing out this song and I'm hoping he's reading our opinions of how it's performed. I look forward to finding out if he's taken our opinions seriously. The consensous seems to be... If I've understood right.

It's a bit too high in the chorus.

Singing it a bit lower in the chorus, would help him pronounce the words better and display more of the feeling behind the words.

But I think the reason we are all getting behind this, is that we can tell it's a really good song! We just want Mika to get the best out of it, and it has the potential to be a huge hit.

I think it's beautiful..

Yes yes yes x a bajillion! Agree with all of that, I had very similar thoughts. I also think the pronunciation will be better on the studio version, even though I've said it like 50 million times. I feel like I keep using that. :naughty: