"Rain," Everybody!

i think it's bloody brilliant and not out of key. :wub2:

anyone's worked on transcribing the lyrics yet..' they sounded quite "interesting".. :fisch::naughty:

Several versions of lyrics towards beginning of thread.

I still think he's off-key in places

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still get shivers when I listen, and I have it on my ipod already:wub2:

from the little I've read, is it not going down to well?!:blink:

I think its really good, and when his voice goes a bit crazy in it, I just like it more:wub2:

:blink:

I think its really good, and when his voice goes a bit crazy in it, I just like it more:wub2:

Lots of people love it, think it's beautiful, and think it's genius/a brilliant piece of work. Others are not a fan of it at all and especially don't like the chorus. Some are borderline with the lyrics. So there are very mixed reviews.

I personally think with what we have, the video/mp3 recording, it's hard to say anything for sure.

I'd love to do a poll on the demographics here. My casual observation is that non native English speakers like this, as do people under the age of 25. Us anglophone oldlings think it's rubbish. :naughty:

Maybe Marilyn being the exception...?

I'd love to do a poll on the demographics here. My casual observation is that non native English speakers like this, as do people under the age of 25. Us anglophone oldlings think it's rubbish. :naughty:

I don't think it's rubbish (as I said, I seem to keep humming it to myself), I just think it could be so much better.

Hey! I understand the English language perfectly well and I'm perfectly capable of interpreting cheese. :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I love the new song 'Rain', but my son calls it 'PAIN', because he says that's what Mika sounds like when he sings it.

I think I need some Mika-love from the MFC, to make up for my son's dissing of Mika's wonderful voice and his songwriting skills

:lmfao:

OMG! That's true!

I'll be happy if we can just get to "tolerate".

I could live with tolerate...

I wouldn't say that... there are a lot more people who like it than don't... just that the don't like it people are being a bit vocal at the moment...

Others are appalled and especially don't like the chorus.

Saying we're appalled is a bit over the top though... I'm not appalled by it, I just don't like it...

*cough*

*points to self*

I'm 24!

And I'm guessing Marilyn is a bit of a non-conformist too :naughty:

I still think I'm perfectly capable of independently understanding this song. :blink::bleh:

Saying we're appalled is a bit over the top though... I'm not appalled by it, I just don't like it...

Yeah, appalled probably isn't the right word. But I wasn't trying to mean that in an over-the-top way. It just wasn't quite the right word. Apologies!

Yeah, appalled probably isn't the right word. But I wasn't trying to mean that in an over-the-top way. It just wasn't quite the right word. Apologies!

No need to apologise... I'm sure there are some people who might be appalled by it... I really hope what I dislike about the song is only cause it's live and that it improves when it's done in the studio... same with HMDYLM... though I tolerate it now... took absolutely forever to get to that stage...

I love the new song 'Rain', but my son calls it 'PAIN', because he says that's what Mika sounds like when he sings it.

I think I need some Mika-love from the MFC, to make up for my son's dissing of Mika's wonderful voice and his songwriting skills

Marilyn I suspect the Mika loving is not entirely happening on this thread...try Arras reports....:wub2:

I will give Mika this...he writes a hook (good or bad) and you end up singing it all day. Then you end up thinking you like it.

And I could swear he sings Will it rain and rain and rain and rain....

True that, I really think that's a big part of it.

Here's hoping it improves...

Marilyn I suspect the Mika loving is not entirely happening on this thread...try Arras reports....:wub2:

I will give Mika this...he writes a hook (good or bad) and you end up singing it all day. Then you end up thinking you like it.

And I could swear he sings Will it rain and rain and rain and rain....

I honestly don't get what's so good about it...

Admitedly I'm listening to another song called Rain... but it's by 3 young, cute, albeit chipmunk sounding brothers :naughty:

I like the tune and I like his voice in it. a lot.

I understand there are people who don't like it. not all of us like the same things. there's nothing wrong.

Yeah, everyone has his/her own opinion, and it's okay to express that. I respect that. As long as no one is forcing anyone else to like/not to like it.:thumb_yello:

Well I think it's the kind of song that you just can't get out of your head. I do agree with some of the things said, about how the song could be improved, such as, not singing it quite so high, and maybe for him not to sing so many "Let it rain" bits. But it is a song that gets to you, and that's what a song should do.

It has great potantial, and I'm sure it will be great.

It's weird, ever since I first heard the song it's been raining everyday... :fisch:

same here.. :naughty:

Same....I hope 'Rain' won't ruin my holidays, just like 'Umbrella' did last year! It had been raining constantly for 3 weeks!!!!!!! :roftl::lmao::mf_rosetinted:

it's beautiful!!!

I think it's beautiful too. The only thing I may not like about the new song is a bit too much falsetto in the chorus. But I hope Mika knows, what he does, also with lyrics, which everyone seems be to complaining about. The song is very emotional, quite catchy too :naughty::wink2: