The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to quote you Kelz re:my dad crying .... long story , & best left for another convo. :wub2:

Ok. :wink2:

Ohh the aussie thread means all things aussie .. mmmm

Rolf Harris ... mm Jason Donovan ohh neighbours!! .. gets thread back on track!! :roftl::roftl::thumb_yello:

Mockies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple%20Moccasin.jpg

ohh they're big.

OkD I'm trying to talk to you on MSN. Look!!!!

:tongue2: Well I sees nothing and it's a problem on your side because mine works fine :naughty:

Oi, dont let her hear that

oh, too late

:doh::sneaky2:

Night Kelz :bye: I'm off too I think :bleh:

P.S. Hooray for the Kooks conversion Teegs! :punk:

Awesome! When is that going to be?

I have never lived away from my parents. But as soon as I graduate I am going to England, I am I am I am I am.

Probably after I'm done with school, because I was looking at the aussie uni system with Soy one night to see if I could possibly transfer, and it gave me a huge headache. I'm still not sure on the exact process in Oz, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was just like the US one and I'm all confused just because there are different labels for everything.

You're going to love it! And they'll love you (how couldn't they :wub2: )

:bow: We just gotta get you citizenship. How do you feel about marrying one of Bec's brothers?

Awwww, thanks Mum.

And make the family tree even more inbred?

...I wanna see pictures before I agree to anything.

I was right, that was even more annoying with sound. That accent was even stupider than his expression.

Hurrah for Yasmine, though, she's clearly the better looking Penniman. But did she slap him or did he slap her when he said 'reach out again'?

I think there was slapping from both parties somewhere within the vid.

Well he can bring a donkey if he likes but I really want his arse here too.

*puts hand up* I have a moon tan too!

PMSL big saggy boobs AND a moon tan!

We should make a moon tan club.

Loads of girls have boyish good looks its mega attractive:thumb_yello:

I agree!

*skips past convo that she's too lazy to MQ and just sums up her opinion*

I see where Twatty's coming from, but I have to admit to growing up in an environment much like Fred described. Opening the door isn't just a boy thing here, though, it's done by either gender and is seen as a common courtesy. You can bet your ass I'd be pissed if a guy I was dating reached the door first and didn't open it for me. Likewise, he'd have the right to anger if I got there first and didn't open it for him. That's real twat behavior.

As for the protection thing...in high school, I had a very close-knit group of friends, the majority of them being boys. Most of the time, it didn't matter who was what. But the moment we stepped into a shady area of town, or walked by some shifty characters, the boys became the protectors. And honestly, I was ok with that, even grateful. Still am, to some degree. Because even if all gender roles were dissolved, the sad truth is that women are still (generally) physically smaller than men. I do carry pepper spray and have taken self-defense classes, but as a horrible incident a couple of years ago proved, someone who's taller and wider and heavier than me will still win if they're prepared for it. I'm a big girl, no one would ever describe me as petite or delicate, but I'm no match for someone 100 pounds heavier than me, especially when they come up from behind.

That doesn't mean that the boys did all the protecting, though. The guys never made any secret that it was easier to talk about feelings and what not with the girls than with each other. And there was that time that I verbally attacked Greg's mother...but she had it coming.:naughty:

Who's that?

EDIT: OG... all I see when I look at that 3rd pic of Adam is Anthony Bourdain... and a bone... :das:

ANyways... carry on...

Hahaha. It's burned into your mind forever now.

Oh you know what? I'm thinking I need a new sig... with Bruce, Paul McDermott, Adam... and likely Anthony Bourdain... saying somethig along the lines of "Older men are schmexy!" :das:

Oooooh! And Bono! :das:

*gasp* Do it! PLEASE!!!!

Hello!

I went to the vet farm today. We didn't do anything, just got an intro/tour, but it was fun :biggrin2:

A vet farm?:blink: My goodness, all these years I thought you had to train to be a vet, and now I find out that there are vet farms. Are they easier to breed than alpacas?

I have never lived away from my parents :crybaby: But as soon as I graduate I am going to England, I am I am I am I am.

You can come and stay with me! :thumb_yello: (If I'm still alive, or the house hasn't been repossessed or something:naughty:)

That's interesting because I'm the opposite: growing up I didn't have many men in my life - other than dad who was always busy and I have no brothers, uncles, cousins etc., and I was in an all-female class at school for a while - so I've been around women a lot and seen them make it on their own. It hasn't really made me a man-hater, just made me realise that men aren't as pivotal to a woman's life as some of them would like to think.

I was the opposite - only brothers, so never did anything girly. Far more interested in train sets than dolls. My mum always really wanted to be a boy and brought me up to be independent and not to have to rely on men. So I don't.

Yeah, me too. I've taken to wearing SPF 50.:naughty:

How are you, m'dear? Haven't talked to you in a while.

Hi Artsy :thumb_yello: Still around - not on here as much as I'd like to be :thumbdown: Curse RL

Men STRONG!!!! :shocked:

I have found that as soon as a man senses any kind of emotional strength in his woman he turns into a whiney baby, and leans on her full force, but maybe thats my fault for putting up with it.

There is a physical strength thats just a fact of nature, but I still maintain that I am physically stronger and get more done because of the fact that I get up of my bum and do the work. Yeah a man could do twice as much work in half the time, but if he's a man who wouldn't even spend quarter the time doing it, then he's not even half as strong as me, and if you can't make sense of that then that makes two of us.

:mf_rosetinted: pic for ST

balloon.jpg

Nice ....lovehandles

Nothing holding those pants up but hips. :mf_rosetinted:

I have found that as soon as a man senses any kind of emotional strength in his woman he turns into a whiney baby, and leans on her full force, but maybe thats my fault for putting up with it.

Indeed! Why do I fall for the whiney dependent ones? :mf_rosetinted:

:bye: Tegan xxxx

Agreed !! G'night Teegs .....

:huglove:

All of the men in my family are non-cryers. I've rarely seen them breakdown. And up until recently I've barely seen them open up about things, but it's happening lately, and I'm the one they talk to.

My theory is that because the women are pretty tough in a crisis in my family, the men felt they had to step up a notch. Pity really.

Hmmmmm... most of the men in my family don't often cry or open up... can't say if my dad does, maybe he talks to mum or smth...

Noo-ooo, I followed a link to his comments section from the blog thread. I have no idea what I was supposed to be looking at but I found the second Mike-comment typo in as many days and it amused me

Oh yeah... tis amusing...

Oh, should we tell Mika about Mike?

Ohh the aussie thread means all things aussie .. mmmm

Rolf Harris ... mm Jason Donovan ohh neighbours!! .. gets thread back on track!!

Rolf! :punk:

Jason Donovan... :thumbdown:

P.S. Hooray for the Kooks conversion Teegs!

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised... will have to transfer the songs onto the main computer to listen a bit more...

Hahaha. It's burned into your mind forever now.

*gasp* Do it! PLEASE!!!!

That it is... and I'm eternally grateful! :das:

And I will!

pic for ST

balloon.jpg

Nice ....lovehandles

Hehe... muffin top!

Men STRONG!!!!

There is a physical strength thats just a fact of nature, but I still maintain that I am physically stronger and get more done because of the fact that I get up of my bum and do the work. Yeah a man could do twice as much work in half the time, but if he's a man who wouldn't even spend quarter the time doing it, then he's not even half as strong as me, and if you can't make sense of that then that makes two of us.

Erm... okay... :naughty: Some of that wasn't making a lot of sense...

The first bit I think I get... but maybe they do it cause they've grown up with the expectation that they have to be strong mentally and physically, and when they realise they're with a woman that's mentally strong, they feel the need to let their guard down...

That's my spin on it...

Hey nic!

He's been caught looking at them quite a few times..

Hoopla teegs!!!!!!!

Heya HK!! (am listening to Dolly's new album! :wub2: awesome )

Daughtah!!!! :huglove:

Heya Shaza's twin :roftl:

hi kelzy :)

ahaha mikas a naughty boy

Yoga at school? Gone are the days of playing dodgy games like 'kick ball'. :naughty:

(P.S. Did anyone else used to play that game? It's like cricket but instead the bowler rolls a soccer ball and the person kicks it then the bowler tries to hit the wicket with the ball before the other finishes their run.)

That is so not a 'muffin top', it's more like an 'anorexia top'. Seriously, the man has no fat on him, that's just skin.

Ok, you just ruined it for me now...

heyy nico_collard!

im pretty good, thanks

although i am sore from doing yoga at school lol

how are you?

Yeah, not too bad... I was excited earlier on cause it snowed!

it's all melted though :thumbdown: ...

Ok, you just ruined it for me now...

Yeah, not too bad... I was excited earlier on cause it snowed!

it's all melted though :thumbdown: ...

aw snow! i've never seen snow in real life

I didn't see snow till I was 16... and I'm 24 now...

It was pretty heavy too... it's the heaviest I've seen it snow in Orange... though where I was it was a good snowfall, but at my parents house there was practically nothing...

And they live about 5-10 mins from where I was!

I didn't see snow till I was 16... and I'm 24 now...

It was pretty heavy too... it's the heaviest I've seen it snow in Orange... though where I was it was a good snowfall, but at my parents house there was practically nothing...

And they live about 5-10 mins from where I was!

oh wow! lolol

i went europe in febuary with my family and one of the places we visited was Switzerland. We went there because we thought we would see snow but it turns out, that it was actually the warmest of place that we'd been to on that trip!