Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man i dont think im going to be able to get through the day tomorrow, without being able to check the site every minute:roftl:

I'm so glad I have it on my favourites, on my phone. So if I have to go out, I can keep an eye out.

Seems like there's already been plenty of talk about this but...I'll add my thoughts which may have already been posted...

First:

over intelligent comment half filled with irony

Is he telling me that I may be too stupid to understand them? :mf_rosetinted:

Second:

Just because you went to college and have a "wide vocabulary" doesn't mean I want to hear what you think nor does it make me believe your opinions are THAT much more credible when talking about pop music.

Third:

While looking into the lyrics of the likes of Katy Perry and Rhianna, I'm not sure you'll find much.

Fourth:

I agree with Babs, if you're going to study something, study something more worthwhile.

Fifth:

If I wanted an analysis of pop music, I'd do it myself.

I'm annoyed if you can't tell.

Seems like there's already been plenty of talk about this but...I'll add my thoughts which may have already been posted...

First:

over intelligent comment half filled with irony

Is he telling me that I may be too stupid to understand them? :mf_rosetinted:

Second:

Just because you went to college and have a "wide vocabulary" doesn't mean I want to hear what you think nor does it make me believe your opinions are THAT much more credible when talking about pop music.

Third:

While looking into the lyrics of the likes of Katy Perry and Rhianna, I'm not sure you'll find much.

Fourth:

I agree with Babs, if you're going to study something, study something more worthwhile.

Fifth:

If I wanted an analysis of pop music, I'd do it myself.

I'm annoyed if you can't tell.

from what i have seen of them so far, u took the words outta my mouth! lol

If i wanted an analysis of Mika's music, i'd rather hear it from the person who wrote it!:blink:

meaning.....why can't mika just tell us his interpretation of his own music, at least then I know it's right!

ya, i think it would be done best that way! lol

If i wanted an analysis of Mika's music, i'd rather hear it from the person who wrote it!:blink:

meaning.....why can't mika just tell us his interpretation of his own music, at least then I know it's right!

Good point...that's better than what I said. I have my own interpretations of what I think Mika and other artists are saying, which is something I like about music. Therefore, the only other person I really want to hear from would be the artists themselves.

Good point...that's better than what I said. I have my own interpretations of what I think Mika and other artists are saying, which is something I like about music. Therefore, the only other person I really want to hear from would be the artists themselves.

yea i mean...i'm not saying he must, but i'd much rather hear it than something i'm not even sure is the right one....

Oh, let's write one ourselves! I can come up with plenty of intelligent sounding gobbledygook that means jack ****, if I put my mind to it.

Can I play?

Let's analyze music trends in relation to social change, and how musical expressions are a reciprocal exchange with the consumer that propagate current beliefs and values and can act as an agent of change in society. I'd like to identify influential pop stars such as Mika or Rihanna, and observe the way they infiltrate trend-setting urban centres to achieve acceptance and familiarity so that their messages can then seep into the subconscious of the greater population, transcending geographic and cultural boundaries. The initially hesitant music industry gatekeepers (such as Tommy Mottola) eventually resign themselves to an inevitable change in the zeitgeist. They can only observe when "shocking" or "scandalous" key messages in the ever-evolving pop music scene will quickly become commonplace among the youth demographic, while pop stars are becoming more impactful and influential than two particular New York teachers who are attending grad school at night and making incongruent and conspicuous posts on someone else's blog.

Do I get an A+ ?

Fourth:

It's not that I think what they're studying is not worth while. I just don't particularly care to see it on Mika's blog. At least not if their first post is any indication...

Okay, so now the fanclub is mad at Mika's friends?

oioioioioioioioioi i feel trubble coming on.

No, not mad at all really. I just got on a roll and jumped on my own bandwagon, that's all. They (the guest bloggers) may have some really interesting things to say... I'm just focusing on this thread tonight for some reason. It's all good!

Let's analyze music trends in relation to social change, and how musical expressions are a reciprocal exchange with the consumer that propagate current beliefs and values and can act as an agent of change in society. I'd like to identify influential pop stars such as Mika or Rihanna, and observe the way they infiltrate trend-setting urban centres to achieve acceptance and familiarity so that their messages can then seep into the subconscious of the greater population, transcending geographic and cultural boundaries. The initially hesitant music industry gatekeepers (such as Tommy Mottola) eventually resign themselves to an inevitable change in the zeitgeist. They can only observe when "shocking" or "scandalous" key messages in the ever-evolving pop music scene will quickly become commonplace among the youth demographic, while pop stars are becoming more impactful and influential than two particular New York teachers who are attending grad school at night and making incongruent and conspicuous posts on someone else's blog.

Do I get an A+ ?

Yes you do. :naughty:

I am not sure why people are so offended by all this claptrap. Mika spewed similar nonsense when he was promoting LICM. Yes it was dumbed down for a broader audience with less pretense of pseudo-intellectualism. But it was equally meaningless and had nothing to do with his music or his actual approach to producing it.

Hyper reality? Just Mika marketing spin that didn't make any sense whatsoever if you gave it more than a moment's thought.

No, not mad at all really. I just got on a roll and jumped on my own bandwagon, that's all. They (the guest bloggers) may have some really interesting things to say... I'm just focusing on this thread tonight for some reason. It's all good!

:lmfao: OKay *wobbles off*

Yes you do. :naughty:

Yay! :groovy::thumb_yello: That brought me back to university essay-writing mode for a moment. It was fun.

I am not sure why people are so offended by all this claptrap. Mika spewed similar nonsense when he was promoting LICM. Yes it was dumbed down for a broader audience with less pretense of pseudo-intellectualism. But it was equally meaningless and had nothing to do with his music or his actual approach to producing it.

Hyper reality? Just Mika marketing spin that didn't make any sense whatsoever if you gave it more than a moment's thought.

I just wanna see more videos of him smiling contentedly on a boat and talking about how sweet life is. It makes me happy. :naughty:

But really, the more I think about it, the more I think it's actually just them. I mean, he has shared all kinds of unrelated things with us... if one of the artists he mentioned came on and guest-blogged about kinetic art, I think I'd find it interesting.

So, what is it then? I think it really might just be them... maybe something about them rubbed me the wrong way.

Aaaaaand now I'm sleepy. Good night all!

if mika see most of the people here don`t like the idea of the girls and the lyrics he would be like this: :doh: `i should`ve publish another video with mud and more skin`

Maybe people should express their feelings directly to Mika then. :naughty: