Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

more than 40 pages to read?! :shocked:

you write soo quickly!!!!!!!!!

one day out.. and i missed a lot of chats! :(

i saw the new blogs!!!

i like the idea of the girls with the lyrics... i wanna what they have to say about Simple of Katy Perry :mf_rosetinted:

and Mika.. pleasee... don`t eat more chinese food anymore! then you would need a good doctor and stay at home!

go to mc donals better :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The singer seemed uncertain at first but, after a few hours of chatting, he was kind enough to provide us an outlet for our observations on this lovely blog."

Could this possibly be paraphrased as: "He didn't want to do this, but we are very persistent and spent several hours convincing him that we are interesting and/or funny. He realized that this could keep people occupied while he gets back to work in the studio, and we're thrilled because we love to hear ourselves talk, and this will also look good on our CV's."

I do REALLY enjoy "intelligent comment half filled with irony". However I don't enjoy (as Bab said) pseudo-intellectual drawn-out commentary. I'm not in the camp of people who feel compelled to assume all post-grad philosophical discussion is interesting just because the person was intelligent enough to string the words together.

I'll give them a chance though... I'm pre-judging based on a not-so-interesting introduction, but maybe the next posts will be better.

Perhaps he really thought we'd enjoy it... which means maybe they were interesing when he spoke with them in person. Which means maybe the next blogs will be ok.

Ok, the more I think about it the more it's irritating me now....

Yes, I feel the same about the pseudo-intellectual stuff like you and Bab said. It feels like they are being pushed cause they are intelligent? Well, many other people are intelligent, and since when does intelligence equal having something interesting and/or funny to say?

Is Mika insecure about his own intelligence?? He should not. We much prefer to read his blogs than other people's, so I say just type away and do not worry, they are great and you are as smart as these two or smarter.

If Mika really wants someone to post "intelligent" stuff, maybe he could get someone who actually has life experience to do so, as I would be personally far more prepared to listen to them than to some people who have most likely lived a quarter of the experiences that I have. Pffft.

And nice to know we can go backstage and chat for a few hours if we want to!

That is also something that bugs me about the blog.

By posting this, it's like they are openly suggesting that hounding Mika and mauling him after a show is not only ok, but also recommended if you want to do stuff for or with him.

Totally the wrong message to give to fans, unless he's happy to start accommodating more stalkers than he has ever had.

Sorry, bad move me thinks.

And of course, then we get people like titania saying that Mika gets cornered into stuff.

Hellooooo the guy is publicly saying that it's the way ahead! Someone please fix this :naughty:, it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

Seriously... they're from New York, and it was in the winter... I'm guessing this was at the big New York show that he did in Feb? The one that Perez and several other special guests were at? I'm sure this was just the conversation he was hoping to be cornered into right after the show.

Ditto.

The thing is, I for one do not corner someone, get the impression that they are not happy with the situation, and continue to push it. I find it rude, and wrong.

Clearly, we are not all the same.

Well.... I feel like I'm being a bit snarky and harsh on them. But whatever. Maybe I'll like their next post.

Maybe I'm just giving them a hard time because the thought of guest bloggers isn't sitting right. But maybe it's just them.

Maybe it just depends on who the guest blogger is. I mean, if the next one is Perez or Yasmine or something, I think I'd like that a lot.

Oh Shawna, anyone who has met you would never believe that you can be snarky or harsh!!!

I think that we all find this a bit irritating as they seem to be so hyped up and really what for?

Pseudo-intellectual-schoolyard-analysis-of-overrated-singers.

Anyway, time to stop my rant before I say stuff that I regret later :roftl:.

I would though LOVE for Andy to post for example!! Or his sister Yasmine, or even his mum, with her views on the touring, etc....

Much more interesting any day :thumb_yello:.

"The singer seemed uncertain at first but, after a few hours of chatting, he was kind enough to provide us an outlet for our observations on this lovely blog."

Could this possibly be paraphrased as: "He didn't want to do this, but we are very persistent and spent several hours convincing him that we are interesting and/or funny. He realized that this could keep people occupied while he gets back to work in the studio, and we're thrilled because we love to hear ourselves talk, and this will also look good on our CV's."

I do REALLY enjoy "intelligent comment half filled with irony". However I don't enjoy (as Bab said) pseudo-intellectual drawn-out commentary. I'm not in the camp of people who feel compelled to assume all post-grad philosophical discussion is interesting just because the person was intelligent enough to string the words together.

I'll give them a chance though... I'm pre-judging based on a not-so-interesting introduction, but maybe the next posts will be better.

Perhaps he really thought we'd enjoy it... which means maybe they were interesing when he spoke with them in person. Which means maybe the next blogs will be ok.

Well said Zoots!

And nice to know we can go backstage and chat for a few hours if we want to!

I was going to say the same thing! A few hours? How the hell did they manage that?

... ... ...

I think that we all find this a bit irritating as they seem to be so hyped up and really what for?

Pseudo-intellectual-schoolyard-analysis-of-overrated-singers.

Anyway, time to stop my rant before I say stuff that I regret later :roftl:.

I would though LOVE for Andy to post for example!! Or his sister Yasmine, or even his mum, with her views on the touring, etc....

Jeez, I wish now that Mika is really taking the piss.

BTW I really like the idea of Andy/Yasmine/Mum or John posting, just in case he thinks that he has to deliver 3 blogs a day. Which he doesn't have to.

HAHA! John posting, NOW that would be interesting!

I bet you that, with his experience, he can write tons more interesting stuff....Touring with Mika compared to so and so, etc...

Ok so I may be going a bit too deep in this now, but I read the girls' blog again and they say:

"For the past four years we have been investigating the relationship between globalisation, popular music, and intrinsic happiness. "

I may be a bit thick, but if intrinsic is from inside, from within, how can there be a relationship or influence (like they seem to suggest) between music and the intrinsic happiness?

Nonsense, pure nonsense.

Also, 4 years is more than many super high level scientific thesis take, so really this sounds a bit like a spoof.

It would be interesting for Yasmine or his mum to come on to get their take on the artistic and creative aspect of the touring experience, but I can't see it happening though, but you never know.

Johns take on it would be fascinating as he always seems to have so much to do.

Andy, I just want to wind up:roftl::roftl::roftl:.

I bet you that, with his experience, he can write tons more interesting stuff....Touring with Mika compared to so and so, etc...

Ok so I may be going a bit too deep in this now, but I read the girls' blog again and they say:

"For the past four years we have been investigating the relationship between globalisation, popular music, and intrinsic happiness. "

I may be a bit thick, but if intrinsic is from inside, from within, how can there be a relationship or influence (like they seem to suggest) between music and the intrinsic happiness?

Nonsense, pure nonsense.

Also, 4 years is more than many super high level scientific thesis take, so really this sounds a bit like a spoof.

We should ask His Mightyness to allow them to elaborate on this :roftl:

Nonsense, pure nonsense.

Oh, let's write one ourselves! I can come up with plenty of intelligent sounding gobbledygook that means jack ****, if I put my mind to it.

I left a comment on his myspace, to ask if it was a wind up.But he's not been on there since Friday.

Oh Shawna, anyone who has met you would never believe that you can be snarky or harsh!!!

:wub2: awww :blush-anim-cl:

(Actually I can be a real b*tch sometimes. I think that's why I like the Apples.)

A blog from Andy, Yasmine or his mum would be great... I'd love that.

It would be interesting for Yasmine or his mum to come on to get their take on the artistic and creative aspect of the touring experience, but I can't see it happening though, but you never know.

Johns take on it would be fascinating as he always seems to have so much to do.

Andy, I just want to wind up:roftl:.

"Wind up" huh? Is that what they call it these days?:naughty:

Oooh that would be interesting indeed!! So who will suggest it to HM? It was your idea after all, it wouldn't be good for someone to steal it :roftl:.

Oh, let's write one ourselves! I can come up with plenty of intelligent sounding gobbledygook that means jack ****, if I put my mind to it.

Hmmmm....sounds like a plan....:naughty:

i think it would be interesting to see the girls posting but for me it would be much better to see more mika stuff or even a post of cherrise, sara or someone more related to mika

i don`t know if you understand my point view or not

i get it. and agree.

Go for it!

I still think the blogs you all wrote- before I was activated- were way funnier than Mika's. (And no, I didn't think they were all bitter and sarcastic, I found them 99% pure fun)

Actually, I will post the last thought to cross my naughty mind before I finally go off to bed: Why not a post by a random troll??

Then we can all guess who he is, what instrument he plays, or who his best friend is :mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello:Fun times!

i think it would be interesting to see the girls posting but for me it would be much better to see more mika stuff or even a post of cherrise, sara or someone more related to mika

i don`t know if you understand my point view or not

I understand your viewpoint.

Actually, I will post the last thought to cross my naughty mind before I finally go off to bed: Why not a post by a random troll??

Then we can all guess who he is, what instrument he plays, or who his best friend is :mf_rosetinted:

Oooh! Oooh! Can it be a purple troll?

Ha ha, go for it, should make for an interesting reaction:naughty:

maybe I'm over-thinking this, but there's one thing I don't get: the girls said that they met Meeks in Miami, and that after talking to him for a few hrs he agreed to give them the "outlet" on his blog.......but the Miami show was months and months ago: had he already planned the blog at that point?

Okay, maybe I should just stop analysing hahahaha

maybe the girls are just friends of his from when he recorded in miami... who knows

maybe the girls are just friends of his from when he recorded in miami... who knows

Even more confusing, since he recorded in 2006 and his website had only just gone up.