Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

I, along with many other people here agree with Sariflor.

I can honestly survive a day, week...whatever, without a blog from Mika. I didn't even expect them to come as often as they did already, and I appreciate him for taking the time to do so thus far. If he's busy, he's busy. I don't think he shouldn't feel responsible for making sure there is something new up everyday, I mean if that's what he feels.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The singer seemed uncertain at first but, after a few hours of chatting, he was kind enough to provide us an outlet for our observations on this lovely blog."

Could this possibly be paraphrased as: "He didn't want to do this, but we are very persistent and spent several hours convincing him that we are interesting and/or funny. He realized that this could keep people occupied while he gets back to work in the studio, and we're thrilled because we love to hear ourselves talk, and this will also look good on our CV's."

I do REALLY enjoy "intelligent comment half filled with irony". However I don't enjoy (as Bab said) pseudo-intellectual drawn-out commentary. I'm not in the camp of people who feel compelled to assume all post-grad philosophical discussion is interesting just because the person was intelligent enough to string the words together.

I'll give them a chance though... I'm pre-judging based on a not-so-interesting introduction, but maybe the next posts will be better.

Perhaps he really thought we'd enjoy it... which means maybe they were interesing when he spoke with them in person. Which means maybe the next blogs will be ok.

And nice to know we can go backstage and chat for a few hours if we want to!

maybe I'm over-thinking this, but there's one thing I don't get: the girls said that they met Meeks in Miami, and that after talking to him for a few hrs he agreed to give them the "outlet" on his blog.......but the Miami show was months and months ago: had he already planned the blog at that point?

Okay, maybe I should just stop analysing hahahaha

And nice to know we can go backstage and chat for a few hours if we want to!

Seriously... they're from New York, and it was in the winter... I'm guessing this was at the big New York show that he did in Feb? The one that Perez and several other special guests were at? I'm sure this was just the conversation he was hoping to be cornered into right after the show.

maybe I'm over-thinking this, but there's one thing I don't get: the girls said that they met Meeks in Miami, and that after talking to him for a few hrs he agreed to give them the "outlet" on his blog.......but the Miami show was months and months ago: had he already planned the blog at that point?

i noticed that, but nvr really processed that thought. hmmmmmm good Q

"The singer seemed uncertain at first but, after a few hours of chatting, he was kind enough to provide us an outlet for our observations on this lovely blog."

Could this possibly be paraphrased as: "He didn't want to do this, but we are very persistent and spent several hours convincing him that we are interesting and/or funny. He realized that this could keep people occupied while he gets back to work in the studio, and we're thrilled because we love to hear ourselves talk, and this will also look good on our CV's."

I do REALLY enjoy "intelligent comment half filled with irony". However I don't enjoy (as Bab said) pseudo-intellectual drawn-out commentary. I'm not in the camp of people who feel compelled to assume all post-grad philosophical discussion is interesting just because the person was intelligent enough to string the words together.

I'll give them a chance though... I'm pre-judging based on a not-so-interesting introduction, but maybe the next posts will be better.

Perhaps he really thought we'd enjoy it... which means maybe they were interesing when he spoke with them in person. Which means maybe the next blogs will be ok.

No pressure, girls :thumb_yello::roftl:

I wonder if he knew himself back then that one day he'd have a blog :roftl:

Oh right... Miami... why did I think New York? Meh, not going to go back and read again.

I think they might have meant that they met him after a concert, and then came back and haunted him - I mean followed up with him - at a later date with a very long conversation.

Seriously... they're from New York, and it was in the winter... I'm guessing this was at the big New York show that he did in Feb? The one that Perez and several other special guests were at? I'm sure this was just the conversation he was hoping to be cornered into right after the show.

Nah, there is more to this than meets the eye....I don't know what, mind. :naughty:

No pressure, girls :thumb_yello::roftl:

Haha.... ok... maybe I'm being a little harsh on them. But if you're going to be the first guest on a blog that is being read by devoted fans, you'd better be good. We may start throwing apples. :ap_rosetinted:

i noticed that, but nvr really processed that thought. hmmmmmm good Q

I should be in bed hahaha

I wonder if he knew himself back then that one day he'd have a blog :roftl:

you never know with him, lol!

Oh right... Miami... why did I think New York? Meh, not going to go back and read again.

I think they might have meant that they met him after a concert, and then came back and haunted him - I mean followed up with him - at a later date with a very long conversation.

Yeah maybe that's it...

Nah, there is more to this than meets the eye....I don't know what, mind. :naughty:

Oooh conspiracy? :naughty:

:lmao: You guys are making my night, really. I love your analysis on this. I couldnt be bothered to post something memorable as a comment on his blog, because what I wanted to say wasnt at all good.

:roftl: glad we're entertaining u!

I'm the same, I don't post just for the sake of posting; I wait until I have sth decent to add :naughty:

Oh, quick question--- Does anybody know if he still has to approve the comments or if they automatically go up....?

I don't think he approves them anymore, they automatically go up. But he will delete ones that he finds offensive apparently.

:lmao: You guys are making my night, really. I love your analysis on this. I couldnt be bothered to post something memorable as a comment on his blog, because what I wanted to say wasnt at all good.

Well.... I feel like I'm being a bit snarky and harsh on them. But whatever. Maybe I'll like their next post.

Maybe I'm just giving them a hard time because the thought of guest bloggers isn't sitting right. But maybe it's just them.

Maybe it just depends on who the guest blogger is. I mean, if the next one is Perez or Yasmine or something, I think I'd like that a lot.

Hahaha, I'd stopped reading the other one of these threads, but did wonder why it wasn't coming up in my subscribed threads. I couldn't believe that people suddenly had nothing to say about the blogs....

Yes, I have just found part 2!:doh:

Well waddya know, I said earlier that he may post and make me look stupid for saying he wouldn't, and VOILA!!!:roftl:

I am only interested in these two ladies for one reason, if they see my comment, and actually do an analysis on the topic I suggested. I would be interested to see if they agree with me.

As for future contributors, I cannot believe I'm the only one here who is using the opportunity, to get him to let Andy on there!

I'd be spamming the blog, and probably crashing it again, with really funny and flippant remarks that I know drive him crazy:roftl::roftl:.

Though it's good to see Mika is back here, and I assume recording in London, as he said he would be starting Monday afternoon. I do feel for him though with the Chinese takeaway thing though, happened to me once, not nice:naughty:.

Don't worry Romis, it sounds rubbish to me and I am a native English speaker.

It just sounds contrived and psuedo intellectual to me. If you're going to study something in such detail, study something more useful. I don't really like all of this analysis stuff, I mean if you analyse anything you can come up with what YOU think the author meant but you can read anything into it.

And personally, I think too much analysis spoils the song, book or whatever.

Sounded like a spoof to me. Quite a funny one.

Maybe we're the ones overanalysing the blogs?