Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

no:tears: dont remind me i dont want to go back tomorrow!! hopefully we learn more things!!! just standing there is what makes it so hot!

i know i'm so excited about this mika blog.....

I know:tears: it's even worse when you're a senior and know all the moves but have to learn them allll over again!! and in the past years we've had half the day inside so it wasn't that bad, but this year our school is under construction so we havta go to the elemntary school:thumbdown:no inside facilities!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmph. Sorry Mika, even you can't convince me. I might be mildly interested if they weren't hijacking Mika's blog...but that is exactly what they're doing. I don't want to refresh Mikasounds every time and see two random girls talking about Rihanna, thanks. Go and get your own bloody webpage.

And when he says 'there'll be more people joining our blog soon'...well, that's just great. It's going to turn into the 'Intelligent and Outrageous Mika Stalker/Groupie' blog.

I bet it's just cause he's bored and doesn't want to do it himself anymore.

:annoyed_h4h:

No i can't either!:blink:

I commented being really receptive and good and joyful...because it's the first time. God knows what I'm gonna say in the second (I'm really honest)

I left a comment. I'm not sure whether I should have, but it's too late now...

"So…does that mean that if I attack Mika backstage at a gig, I’ll be able to use *his* blog to talk about Katy Perry too?

I’m sorry. I’m just a bit confused here, and I’m sure I’m not the only one."

I'm really confused. Imagine being a native spanish speaker and read ALL that in english, in 'confusing' english. I mean...what the heck a pop disciple is?? And why they're teachers? Gosh...

I'd be more interested in the girls blog if I liked any of the music they mentioned... apart from Meeks obviously... I have no interest in analyzing lyrics or music when I don't like it... so I'm just not gonna comment the blog.... I don't even comment all of Mika's only the ones I really like.... :)

I completely agree with that. Sorry to offend any Katy Perry lovers out there, but from what I've heard, analyzing her lyrics would be a pretty short process. really. There's not much substance there at all.

Plus, can you really call Usher or Justin Timberlake "artists"? I would call them mere performers. They don't even write their own music, do they?

It's sad, but true. Sad to think that there are so many mindless-drone type fans who just want to agree with everything he says. :thumbdown:

I mean, I LOVE him, and I respect him as an artist, and a musician, as a genuinely thoughtful/analytical person, and I can CERTAINLY appreciate his style :naughty:. I'm considered obsessed by everyone who knows me. but I don't agree with EVERYTHING that he says, and it doesn't make me any less of a fan!

Very true, in fact it makes you even more of a fan if you want to see it in terms of support.

A while ago, in Amsterdam to be precise, a few of us discussed that, and someone said that they'd like Mika to see us as his reference group. Nodding through everything he does and everything he does not, doesn't do him a big favour. Just because the 'preview' of failure or success of his actions becomes so distorted. We might go along with a lot of what he does, while others, who are yet to be won over by him might think very differently.

Inviting a bunch of 'weirdos' (his words, not mine) to his blog, leading lengthy, smart ass discussions with themselves might pretty much miss the mark. And this has nothing to do with who they are and if they're actually nahce or not.

I completely agree with that. Sorry to offend any Katy Perry lovers out there, but from what I've heard, analyzing her lyrics would be a pretty short process. really. There's not much substance there at all.

I will say that apparently she always had a crush with Mika and the best way to express that was writing a song about his OCD and dyslexia, accusing him of being complicated because he sleeps with the lights all on

And then she kissed a girl and she liked it, and who knows what's next. She says she can't believe being with someone that wears more make-up than her, but that girl had a lot of lipstick...

:naughty:

Sorry for the Katy fans, It's the only thing I got from her music. Do you think Justine is gonna be more confused than wat I am know?? :insane:

I commented being really receptive and good and joyful...because it's the first time. God knows what I'm gonna say in the second (I'm really honest)

I'm really confused. Imagine being a native spanish speaker and read ALL that in english, in 'confusing' english. I mean...what the heck a pop disciple is?? And why they're teachers? Gosh...

Don't worry Romis, it sounds rubbish to me and I am a native English speaker.

It just sounds contrived and psuedo intellectual to me. If you're going to study something in such detail, study something more useful. I don't really like all of this analysis stuff, I mean if you analyse anything you can come up with what YOU think the author meant but you can read anything into it.

And personally, I think too much analysis spoils the song, book or whatever.

And history repeats itself :roftl:

Get out! We want Mika!

You're awesome, I looove you!

Pfff, you only lick their feet because they're standing in front of the Lord's piano!

Stop the bullying! You're just jealous!

No, I just want Mika.

Incredible how some people on here behave. I'm ashamed to be a member of this fanclub.

Pfff, they're fat.

No, they're sexeh. You're just jealous.

Whatever. Hate them.

Just because they wrote a journalistically elaborate music blog entry on Mika's blog, that's too sophisticated for you, you don't need to hate them.

blablablablabla... I'm looking forward to whatever I'll wake up tomorrow

HAHAHAHA! Hit the nail in the head, very well put Violetta :naughty:

I don't care much for them, either way.

On the one hand, I found a few things they said (or rather the way they said them) quite funny, like the well coiffed head or similar, but on the other hand, I really don't rate Usher or Timberlake so I don't give a flying feck about their lyrics or their anythings :naughty:, so I guess that for me it will be a matter of what they will speak about on each blog rather than them being there as such.

I love Katy Perry though, but I do rate my own intelligence and critical ability enough to have my own interpretation of lyrics so I'd rather read other things in Mika's blog.

Like people have said, I love this blog cause it's him speaking about HIS stuff. I don't want to be hearing about other people, or have lots of other guests take over so that he posts less.

To be honest, if he finds that it's too time consuming or boring to post so much, I'd rather he did less blogs, than just fill it up with random people or random things.

I guess that it's bit like his shows: I prefer the Mika related stuff that is quite simple, and don't particularly care if his keyboard player also does his little muppety bit, or if his backup singers do a rap to make the song longer.

I love simplicity, and Mikaness.

I hope that this made some sense :blush-anim-cl:.

Very true, in fact it makes you even more of a fan if you want to see it in terms of support.

A while ago, in Amsterdam to be precise, a few of us discussed that, and someone said that they'd like Mika to see us as his reference group. Nodding through everything he does and everything he does not, doesn't do him a big favour. Just because the 'preview' of failure or success of his actions becomes so distorted. We might go along with a lot of what he does, while others, who are yet to be won over by him might think very differently.

Inviting a bunch of 'weirdos' (his words, not mine) to his blog, leading lengthy, smart ass discussions with themselves might pretty much miss the mark. And this has nothing to do with who they are and if they're actually nahce or not.

Yeah, and if I want a smart ass discussion, I can have it on here......

On the one hand, I found a few things they said (or rather the way they said them) quite funny, like the well coiffed head or similar, but on the other hand, I really don't rate Usher or Timberlake so I don't give a flying feck about their lyrics or their anythings :naughty:, so I guess that for me it will be a matter of what they will speak about on each blog rather than them being there as such.

I love Katy Perry though, but I do rate my own intelligence and critical ability enough to have my own interpretation of lyrics so I'd rather read other things in Mika's blog.

Like people have said, I love this blog cause it's him speaking about HIS stuff. I don't want to be hearing about other people, or have lots of other guests take over so that he posts less.

To be honest, if he finds that it's too time consuming or boring to post so much, I'd rather he did less blogs, than just fill it up with random people or random things.

I guess that it's bit like his shows: I prefer the Mika related stuff that is quite simple, and don't particularly care if his keyboard player also does his little muppety bit, or if his backup singers do a rap to make the song longer.

I agree....well on the simplicity part, and less random blogs/people....it's called a MIKA blog, and called MIKAsounds.........hmmmmmm:naughty:and i personally am not gunna fall blindlessly into these 'weirdos' stuff...even if mika does like them:wink2:

To me, yes :wink2:

Perfect sense:thumb_yello:

Ummmm ... who actually is Katy Perry.... I've never heard of her... I'm so bloody behind.... :lmfao:

Don't worry Laurel you are not alone, heard her last night for the first time:blush-anim-cl:

Don't worry Romis, it sounds rubbish to me and I am a native English speaker.

It just sounds contrived and psuedo intellectual to me. If you're going to study something in such detail, study something more useful. I don't really like all of this analysis stuff, I mean if you analyse anything you can come up with what YOU think the author meant but you can read anything into it.

And personally, I think too much analysis spoils the song, book or whatever.

I have to agree, pseudo-intellectual is what sprang to mind for me too :thumbdown: Whatever about analysis, I don't like the idea of other people taking over Mika's blog...

Well put, Sara! Yes, you made a lot of sense. I enjoy the, well, Mika-ness of the blogs, if you get what I mean....I just enjoy reading what he has to say, and getting a glimpse into his life.

Exactly. Even if it does mean fewer, and less frequent blogs, I'd rather have the archive be filled more with wonderpets exposés, and youtube videos that he found interesting. I understand that ultimately, it's up to him, but i can still complain here! :naughty:

"The singer seemed uncertain at first but, after a few hours of chatting, he was kind enough to provide us an outlet for our observations on this lovely blog."

Could this possibly be paraphrased as: "He didn't want to do this, but we are very persistent and spent several hours convincing him that we are interesting and/or funny. He realized that this could keep people occupied while he gets back to work in the studio, and we're thrilled because we love to hear ourselves talk, and this will also look good on our CV's."

I do REALLY enjoy "intelligent comment half filled with irony". However I don't enjoy (as Bab said) pseudo-intellectual drawn-out commentary. I'm not in the camp of people who feel compelled to assume all post-grad philosophical discussion is interesting just because the person was intelligent enough to string the words together.

I'll give them a chance though... I'm pre-judging based on a not-so-interesting introduction, but maybe the next posts will be better.

Perhaps he really thought we'd enjoy it... which means maybe they were interesing when he spoke with them in person. Which means maybe the next blogs will be ok.