A humble tribute to Paul Newman...

TheBlackQueen

It's a sad day today. Paul Newman is dieing from a lung cancer. He is one of the best, most influential actors of Hollywood, and also a brilliant director and producer. A good person in the best sense of the word. Not to mention he was (and is) The Perfect Man: so handsome it hurts, intelligent, witty, friendly... One of my favourite artists, my life would be very different if I hadn't seen his films when I was a child.

May this thread be a humble tribute to him now that he's slipping away from us. Although of course, he will never really be gone as long as someone watches any of his pictures or thinks of him and the legacy he's leaving us. And sorry for getting emotional, I can't help it, a whole era goes with him, just felt the need to start this. Thank you for reading:thumb_yello:

Here are some of my favourite pics of him:

paul_newman.jpg

gal-newman.jpg

Newman_2.jpg

paulnewmanlukecrop.jpg

paulnewman.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: I didn't know ...... :tears: ..... thank you for making this thread Asun ... :wub2:

Yes, I had known he was sick for a few months now, but just heard he's gone home to die, he has a few weeks left, acording to his doctors. I'm so sad, can't help it :tears:

Thank YOU for replying, actually I didn't think anybody would answer:blink:

Yes, I had known he was sick for a few months now, but just heard he's gone home to die, he has a few weeks left, acording to his doctors. I'm so sad, can't help it :tears:

Thank YOU for replying, actually I didn't think anybody would answer:blink:

Awww ... they will .... tomorrow when the Aussies come back online , for sure !! :thumb_yello:

I will send him special light ...:wub2:

Awww i'm so sorry :tears: Tho i don't know him so much..

But it's sooo sad :(

And this is not a good year 2008 too many actors dies :tears:

Yes, it's soooo sad, 2008 is not being such a good year for film lovers...

Awww ... they will .... tomorrow when the Aussies come back online , for sure !! :thumb_yello:

I will send him special light ...:wub2:

Thank you! I've always felt so close to him in a weird kind of way, like he was part of my family, it's what you get when you grow up watching his movies over and over again... I'll do that too, he needs strength, and Joanne Woodward too, poor, poor lady.

Some video footage:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwdBiEGrKg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v4sCxF6uuBA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GT-Bgz1-HQE

I'm shocked!

I had no idea he was ill.

This is such a shame, he is such an iconic actor, one of the truely great artists of the last 50 years.

He has been in the most outstanding films over that period, Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, Absence Of Malice, Fort Apache The Bronx, Road To Perdition to name a few.

It's going to be a huge loss to the film world when he goes.

My heart goes out to his family.

• 1 month later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7639614.stm

I've just heard the news. He has finally lost his battle against cancer and has passed away today. It's one of the saddest days, we've lost a great man in every sense. He will never be forgotten and will always remain in my heart and in the hearts of all cinema lovers.

Bless you, Paul, you made this world a bit better. Thank you for everything.

I heard about an hour ago! I was really involved at the Westport Playhouse, and before it was announced around the world, he really had cancer, it was so disappointing when he dropped out of directing Of Mice And Men last summer. Of Mice and Men starts showing next month, and it'll be sad- Would've been his directorial debut. :(

I've seen him at the playhouse a couple times, and his wife is artistic director at WCP... And he is just everywhere on that playhouse. His adjoining restaurant, the refreshments, the scurtain onstage has his name all on it. I don't know if I'm gonig to go next month, but I can't imagine WCP without his influence. He did so much for the reovation and everything.

I heard about an hour ago! I was really involved at the Westport Playhouse, and before it was announced around the world, he really had cancer, it was so disappointing when he dropped out of directing Of Mice And Men last summer. Of Mice and Men starts showing next month, and it'll be sad- Would've been his directorial debut. :(

I've seen him at the playhouse a couple times, and his wife is artistic director at WCP... And he is just everywhere on that playhouse. His adjoining restaurant, the refreshments, the scurtain onstage has his name all on it. I don't know if I'm gonig to go next month, but I can't imagine WCP without his influence. He did so much for the reovation and everything.

Wow, really interesting post, thank you! I understand how you feel, it just won't be the same anymore, so sad... Hope Joanne is strong now, she will need every support.

Definitely much love to Joanne and the Newman family...

Besides his awesome films, his delicious newman mints, and other organic goodies, I will remember how he lived. He knew how to live life right: family, standing up for people who didn't have voices, and giving back unselfishly.

My favorite picture of the two:

paul_newman_and_joanne_woodward_-1.jpg

The world, including I will truly miss such a pure human being at their best.

This is incredibly sad news, I hadn't heard yesterday, so it's a bit of a shock to hear today!

He was a brilliant actor, I can't say I have ever seen a bad performance from him, he certainly could show the actors of today how to do it, for sure.

He'll be missed greatly, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

:rip_1: