The Australian Thread: Part Sixteen

Rainbow Sky

Congrats HK! *opens your curtains*

P.s. Is it just me or does that dancing lady ft. a heavy period? :shocked:

...ok NOW I can go to bed! *pbs*

:sneaky2: Zomg ..... pffft .... dontcha' recognise a lap lap when ya' see one (??) ... :rolls_eyes: ....

*closes curtains* 'Night ! :bye:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! I have internet!

you'd be pleased to hear that I'm listening to the Kooks... I really love Shine On...

Yay! *pbs* Have you got the b sides and demos and stuff?

F**k it...

I'm going to send a message to Mika on MySpace... I'm a bit sick and tired of being ignored... we'll soon find out what Aussie fans mean to him.

Actually, he probably won't even answer.

Why would he? He would get literally hundreds of myspace messages everyday, most of them spam.

I hear he's messagable on youtube though

But of course he can't reply, when has he ever (okay, like since 2007) been able to reply to fan-messages?

This is your Sunrise program isn't it..... was this a set up... or was he for real.....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQAj-HAd0Y&feature=related

That's Chris from the Chasers. It's set up. It's a joke, the Chasers wouldn't go on a commercial station, but for soem reason the commercial stations let them film clips for their show on their sets. Andrew Hansen did something similar for TGYH. *looks*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1T7oTEtO3s

It's a symbol that I use to sign all of my artwork with, and it's on (read: just above, because the tattoo guy was too scared to do it on the bone) my ankle.

Oh yeahhhh, I remember - you got it in/near being in Europe, right?

By the way... everyone, I got my chickens today.. we have 6 scrawny looking chickens...poor things

Photoshoot? :naughty:

They aren't flavored? The chocolate smarties I had in the UK were chocolate and candy shell, and the shell had fruit flavors.

That sounds revolting, no, our smarties are just M&Ms in disguise.

I've also never heard of these 'orange smarties'?

Don't worry way ahead of ya! The Kooks are still listed as coming in 2008....I reckon it will be October because they have the list of guests up for September and they're not on....they usually do it a bit in advance so I'd say first or second week of October! Don't worry, I have no intention of missing it

triple j tv Friday

Friday September 12 11.30pm ABC1

Live music courtesy of The Kooks, Hack talks to a young man about losing a loved one, and Bill Bailey swings by the studio.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tv/vodcast/default.htm

Episode 31 - 08/09/2008

WINDOWS MEDIA 25:12mins MP4 FORMAT 25:12mins

Hosted by Rosie Beaton featuring fresh music from The Kooks, Not Very Good Trivia with The Fratellis, A Flicked look at Fan Films and more from Hack.

:woot_jump:

See what happens when Oakie Doke isn't here?

*pbs* *pbs*

She puts the whore in postwhore.

Wait....reverse that...*zhhz*

*pbs* *pbs* *pbs* *roftl*

*zhhz*...taht esrever ....tiaW

.erohwtsop ni erohw eht stup ehS

:lmfao:

I got in to a performing arts school (YAYYY), can I have some Baileys?? *fisch*

Ohhh, what do you mean? What kind of performing arts school?

No it isn't! What do you do in the summer??

Uhhh, skirts/dresses with stockings/leggings :naughty:

10,000 POSTS !!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS HK!

post # 6000!

CONGRATULATIONS ER!

Just downloading sen's vids...

Would it be possible for her to send you higher quality versions?

LOVESHUTTLE.jpg

Did you just make that picture? :lmfao:

And where is my bra-shadow-picture? :crybaby:

It was enjoyable rather than actual fun.

What did you do, actually? *has a feeling you already said, but it was in a severely demented way that I didn't understand anyway*

Ohhh, right, so I had my first day of working at that election thingy today, and I suppose it would just be out of character for me to not give an in-depth recount, huh?

So, I was ridiculously late (predictable). I had to finish that essay, and I was at school finishing it until roughly 5.15, when my shift started at 4, but the lady said it would be okay if I was late because of school, and she should really have known better than to tell me something like that:blink:. So then I took the bus to Fremantle, ft. a group of guys wearing women's clothes walking down the street, and got there at like 5.45. And then I wandered aimlessly around Victoria Quay, because I never actually caught where exactly I was supposed to go, except that is was "just south of the train station" and "in Victoria Quay". After doing about my 8th trying-to-find-some-sort-of-entrance lap around a building which seemed to look like the kind of place they would process votes in, a security guard came out and asked me wtf I was doing. And he said I was at completely the wrong end of the Quay, and then he drove me to the right building :cheerful_h4h:, because I was really that far off the mark. No one there seemed to give a crap about me being late, and after tagging in (with my fingerprint, how cool is that?!), I just sat down at a table and they gave me work :blink:. Just a range of random mindless jobs; pulling the perforated form-sheets off of the envelopes and putting the form-sheets in a pile and the envelopes in a pile, or sorting the pink slips into one pile and the white slips into another pile, or sorting the forms into alphabetical order, etc. It was pretty good I think! Well, it wasn't good, but it was good for $20 an hour :naughty: I don't think I've sung the alphabet to myself so many times in my life, though :naughty: And if I knew any one of the ridiculously large amount of people who feel the extreme need to stick the seal-y bit of their envelope over the edge of their detachable form, when it's quite obvious that it's not supposed to do that, with the way they have to bend their envelope out of shape to acheive this task, then I would gladly stab them in the eye with a rusty fork for ruining the one joy I have in life, which is of course tearing forms along their perforation without having to spend half an hour stabbing at the sticky seal-y bit of the envelope with my nails, trying to release it while not ripping it or opening the envelope.

What did you do, actually? *has a feeling you already said, but it was in a severely demented way that I didn't understand anyway*

Severely demented? I was merely replying to Kelzy in the style in which she had asked the question:sneaky2:

I went to North Yorkshire to see an old friend from college. We shopped, chatted and drank a lot. It rained.

I just sat down at a table and they gave me work :blink:. Just a range of random mindless jobs; pulling the perforated form-sheets off of the envelopes and putting the form-sheets in a pile and the envelopes in a pile, or sorting the pink slips into one pile and the white slips into another pile, or sorting the forms into alphabetical order, etc. It was pretty good I think! Well, it wasn't good, but it was good for $20 an hour :naughty: I don't think I've sung the alphabet to myself so many times in my life, though :naughty: And if I knew any one of the ridiculously large amount of people who feel the extreme need to stick the seal-y bit of their envelope over the edge of their detachable form, when it's quite obvious that it's not supposed to do that, with the way they have to bend their envelope out of shape to acheive this task, then I would gladly stab them in the eye with a rusty fork for ruining the one joy I have in life, which is of course tearing forms along their perforation without having to spend half an hour stabbing at the sticky seal-y bit of the envelope with my nails, trying to release it while not ripping it or opening the envelope.

Oh life is hard in the wonderful world of work :mf_rosetinted:

Oh yeahhhh, I remember - you got it in/near being in Europe, right?

That sounds revolting, no, our smarties are just M&Ms in disguise.

I've also never heard of these 'orange smarties'?

London, yes.:thumb_yello: Here it is....about the size of....oh, I don't know....a large grape, I suppose.

tatt.jpg

Really? How odd. Oh, and to someone who called them Rockets...I think it was Rosie; that's the name they had to use in Canada because Smarties was already owned.:thumb_yello:

Kinda how McDonald's bought up all the franchise names when they went to Oz, so instead of Burger King, you guys have "Hungry Jack's" or something of that nature.:naughty:

Ohhh, right, so I had my first day of working at that election thingy today, and I suppose it would just be out of character for me to not give an in-depth recount, huh?

So, I was ridiculously late (predictable). I had to finish that essay, and I was at school finishing it until roughly 5.15, when my shift started at 4, but the lady said it would be okay if I was late because of school, and she should really have known better than to tell me something like that:blink:. So then I took the bus to Fremantle, ft. a group of guys wearing women's clothes walking down the street, and got there at like 5.45. And then I wandered aimlessly around Victoria Quay, because I never actually caught where exactly I was supposed to go, except that is was "just south of the train station" and "in Victoria Quay". After doing about my 8th trying-to-find-some-sort-of-entrance lap around a building which seemed to look like the kind of place they would process votes in, a security guard came out and asked me wtf I was doing. And he said I was at completely the wrong end of the Quay, and then he drove me to the right building :cheerful_h4h:, because I was really that far off the mark. No one there seemed to give a crap about me being late, and after tagging in (with my fingerprint, how cool is that?!), I just sat down at a table and they gave me work. Just a range of random mindless jobs; pulling the perforated form-sheets off of the envelopes and putting the form-sheets in a pile and the envelopes in a pile, or sorting the pink slips into one pile and the white slips into another pile, or sorting the forms into alphabetical order, etc. It was pretty good I think! Well, it wasn't good, but it was good for $20 an hour I don't think I've sung the alphabet to myself so many times in my life, though And if I knew any one of the ridiculously large amount of people who feel the extreme need to stick the seal-y bit of their envelope over the edge of their detachable form, when it's quite obvious that it's not supposed to do that, with the way they have to bend their envelope out of shape to acheive this task, then I would gladly stab them in the eye with a rusty fork for ruining the one joy I have in life, which is of course tearing forms along their perforation without having to spend half an hour stabbing at the sticky seal-y bit of the envelope with my nails, trying to release it while not ripping it or opening the envelope.

:lmfao:

Oi, I'm a good girl. *pbs* But even if I weren't I wouldn't be ashamed, most enjoyable things are 'evil' anyway.

Why does everyone assume that I'm a bad driver? You're not the first ones to say it. If anything I'm softcore - even my mother tells me to step on it sometimes and that's says something.

*cough, choke splutter* Definitely a lightning bolt where the sun don't shine twatty!

Just a natural assumption..reminds me of Homer Simpson....gas, brake, honk, gas, brake, honk, gas, gas, punch:naughty:

I'm going around and spamming people's threads to try and get people to sign...

Is that why there were new ones when I went in and had a look....good work!

How could I leave you Tanya my dear

SILVER!!!!! You couldn't, I'm too loveable :wink2:

So you'd like to change your working hours?

Yes please

9:30 to 13:30 and then 5:30 to 8:00 ?

Yes please

So that you can chat to people in Australia when they're awake?

*nods*

And how exactly will this increase your productivity?

I think this is a fabulous idea....you could say that it's part of your professional development to mix with other nationalities and gain greater insight into how they increase their productivity.

:woot_jump:

Congrats HK! *opens your curtains*

P.s. Is it just me or does that dancing lady ft. a heavy period?

I thought it was something else when I looked the first time!

Yay! I have internet!

About time! If you had gotten your internet earlier, I wouldn't Have missed the kooks yesterday :sneaky2:

So, I was ridiculously late (predictable). I had to finish that essay, and I was at school finishing it until roughly 5.15, when my shift started at 4, but the lady said it would be okay if I was late because of school, and she should really have known better than to tell me something like that. So then I took the bus to Fremantle, ft. a group of guys wearing women's clothes walking down the street, and got there at like 5.45. And then I wandered aimlessly around Victoria Quay, because I never actually caught where exactly I was supposed to go, except that is was "just south of the train station" and "in Victoria Quay". After doing about my 8th trying-to-find-some-sort-of-entrance lap around a building which seemed to look like the kind of place they would process votes in, a security guard came out and asked me wtf I was doing. And he said I was at completely the wrong end of the Quay, and then he drove me to the right building , because I was really that far off the mark. No one there seemed to give a crap about me being late, and after tagging in (with my fingerprint, how cool is that?!), I just sat down at a table and they gave me work . Just a range of random mindless jobs; pulling the perforated form-sheets off of the envelopes and putting the form-sheets in a pile and the envelopes in a pile, or sorting the pink slips into one pile and the white slips into another pile, or sorting the forms into alphabetical order, etc. It was pretty good I think! Well, it wasn't good, but it was good for $20 an hour I don't think I've sung the alphabet to myself so many times in my life, though And if I knew any one of the ridiculously large amount of people who feel the extreme need to stick the seal-y bit of their envelope over the edge of their detachable form, when it's quite obvious that it's not supposed to do that, with the way they have to bend their envelope out of shape to acheive this task, then I would gladly stab them in the eye with a rusty fork for ruining the one joy I have in life, which is of course tearing forms along their perforation without having to spend half an hour stabbing at the sticky seal-y bit of the envelope with my nails, trying to release it while not ripping it or opening the envelope.

:lmao: *hands you a rusty fork*

Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick hello and throw some kisses and glitter around before I run off to work.

Hopefully I may be back this afternoon, after I go to the dentist- YUCK!!!

Well hello Ms. Jols!!!!

is it true that Aussies pronounce people 'pouple' cuz my friend lived in australia last year for a couple months and she said everyone made funof her for saying 'peeple'

It is NOT....we don't have an accent so :bleh:

Before I forget, Sanity are now showing Relax with a release date of Sunday 21 September

Hello 1001:bond:

I'm feeling a bit sleepy now even tho' it's only 2:45pm .... had to get up early for a meeting :shocked: .... better not take a nap tho' ... otherwise I'll go to bed too late AGAIN later ! :rolls_eyes:

How are you ?

Hello All ! :bye:

haha nice

im fine. im "reading" lol

im just listening to music. the main thing i do all day. have to have it lol

Oh yes, of course !!:naughty:

Do you go to a school , or are you home schooled ? I just wondered, 'cos you're almost always online ... :naughty:

haha i go to school

(my day)

wake up

"get ready for school" (go on here)

go to school

go to golf then (soccer/church/other)

come home at 6pm or later

come here

:roftl:

*cough, choke splutter* Definitely a lightning bolt where the sun don't shine twatty!

I can imagine that would be painful. :naughty:

Before I forget, Sanity are now showing Relax with a release date of Sunday 21 September

Is anyone (other than DC) going to buy it? Will it have any worthwhile remixes on it?

:pbjt:Dances is just peachy (in a banana sort of way)

Add some Apple and Pear and you've got fruit salad.

I like "a few prawns short of a barbie" and the old classic "the lights are on, but there's no-one home"

:roftl:

So you'd like to change your working hours?

Yes please

9:30 to 13:30 and then 5:30 to 8:00 ?

Yes please

So that you can chat to people in Australia when they're awake?

*nods*

And how exactly will this increase your productivity?

Do it! Do it!!

A few more expressions -

as much use as a chocolate fireguard

as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

:roftl: Good ones!

*insert multiple MV smilies ft. an odd one out towards the end*

*zhhz* *zhhz* *zhhz* *zhhz* *zhhz* *zhhz* *zhhz* *pbs* *zhhz*

Yay! I have internet!

Yay!!

Did you just make that picture?

And where is my bra-shadow-picture?

Yes.

And, I don't have it. *shrugs*

Ohhh, right, so I had my first day of working at that election thingy today, blah blah blah

:roftl: Well done.

London, yes. Here it is....about the size of....oh, I don't know....a large grape, I suppose.

tatt.jpg

*pbs* we can almost play noughts and crosses on you.

Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick hello and throw some kisses and glitter around before I run off to work.

Hopefully I may be back this afternoon, after I go to the dentist- YUCK!!!

Hey. Good luck at the dentists.

omg...is that what i think it is?

*Runs away*

Ummm.. Maybe.. :fisch:

is it true that Aussies pronounce people 'pouple' cuz my friend lived in australia last year for a couple months and she said everyone made funof her for saying 'peeple'

Heya Phunks!

We say "Pee - Pull". I think your friend was getting tricked :naughty:

Just a natural assumption..reminds me of Homer Simpson....gas, brake, honk, gas, brake, honk, gas, gas, punch

LMFAO!!

I'm feeling a bit sleepy now even tho' it's only 2:45pm .... had to get up early for a meeting .... better not take a nap tho' ... otherwise I'll go to bed too late AGAIN later !

I could easily take a nap *zhhz*

Is anyone (other than DC) going to buy it? Will it have any worthwhile remixes on it?

Of course not. DC will buy multiple copies then send them to us at Christmas.

:naughty:

Now I know why I never received my order! Major delay much? :thumbdown:

Of course not. DC will buy multiple copies then send them to us at Christmas.

I had originally ordered two. I'm improving. Although this time round, I dunno if I'll be able to control myself. :wink2:

I signed it! :thumb_yello:

Goodnight nico!

I saw it! Thanks!

I like scrabbled eggs. Though my fave term came from a children's book ("Doctor Xargle's Guide to Earthlets"), where it was described as "eggmangle" :roftl:

Eggmangle... :naughty:

I'm wearing my scrabble hoodie today...

I work for a charity that provides care and support for people with learning difficulties. I am "back office" staff though, looking after motor fleet, mobile phones, purchasing, stationery and printing, etc etc. Busy but a tad boring at times.

It pays the bills though...

A few more expressions -

as much use as a chocolate fireguard

as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

Or as useful as a screen door on a submarine...

Yay! *pbs* Have you got the b sides and demos and stuff?

Why would he? He would get literally hundreds of myspace messages everyday, most of them spam.

I hear he's messagable on youtube though

But of course he can't reply, when has he ever (okay, like since 2007) been able to reply to fan-messages?

That's Chris from the Chasers. It's set up. It's a joke, the Chasers wouldn't go on a commercial station, but for soem reason the commercial stations let them film clips for their show on their sets. Andrew Hansen did something similar for TGYH. *looks*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1T7oTEtO3s

I have both discs of their current album... not the first one though... and I have Violet Hill, Crazy and Belly Love...

There is such thing as a blog :fisch:... I just wanna feel loved... (and you're not helping!)

I think the Aussies knew it was a set up... I think I remember hearing something about it ages ago... Besides, as if Seven would let Chris swaer on a live tv show and not bleep it out?

Oh, and I sent a little pressie off to you on Saturday... :das:

Kinda how McDonald's bought up all the franchise names when they went to Oz, so instead of Burger King, you guys have "Hungry Jack's" or something of that nature.

We (I mean, Orange) had Burger King... Dubbo's always had Hungry Jacks though (I was living in Dubbo when they built it and that was 14 years ago...) there were a lot of them floating around, then it got changed over to Hungry Jacks...

Oooooh! Glitter!

*rolls in glitter* :roll1: :roll1:

Come on! We talk normally!

Unlike Canadians... okay, just Zoe's stalker!

Is that why there were new ones when I went in and had a look....good work!

Yep... Wendi's been helping out too! She posted a link in the Oldlings thread...

I bet it doesn't come out... and if it does, only the first disc... won't make much of a difference to me, cause Sanity doesn't sell discs anymore, and I already have them...

I already have... both of them...

(Yes, there's two releases of it)... the first disc just has Relax and Lollipop, the 2nd one has remixes on it..

I had originally ordered two. I'm improving. Although this time round, I dunno if I'll be able to control myself.

I'm sure you can control yourself...