Vote for Mika on the EMAs!

guapo!

I don't understand what's happened! All the catagories have been shortlisted now. Mika isn't in any of the others. But the Best Act Ever catagory isn't there anymore, so I don't know if he got into it.

and I may be unpopular for saying this... but...

AMY WINEHOUSE IN THE ACT OF 2008 CATAGORY???????

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's really weird :blink::boxed: Hope he can make it in other categories and hopefully win :biggrin2:

i hope so too :thumb_yello: but it looks unlikely from what marilyn has just said :boxed:

I don't understand what's happened! All the catagories have been shortlisted now. Mika isn't in any of the others. But the Best Act Ever catagory isn't there anymore, so I don't know if he got into it.

yeah thats what i was wondering yesterday when i saw it on the perez site :boxed::(

I hope he's in it.. although I doubt :thumbdown:

i hope so too :thumb_yello: but it looks unlikely from what marilyn has just said :boxed:(

Yeah saw it now :boxed:

To be honest, the EMAs are a bit of a joke, because they lump artists from the US in the same catergories as the Euro acts, and the Euro acts hardly get a look in.

Last Year Mika was up against Avril Lavigne for heavens sake and she won both off him!

So what chance does he have in Best Act Ever.

I would much rather see him win things like the Mercury Music Award or the Ivor Novello award,which show him for how talented a songwriter he is.

To be honest, the EMAs are a bit of a joke, because they lump artists from the US in the same catergories as the Euro acts, and the Euro acts hardly get a look in.

Last Year Mika was up against Avril Lavigne for heavens sake and she won both off him!

I would much rather see him win things like the Mercury Music Award or the Ivor Novello award,which show him for how talented a songwriter he is.

That's very true :thumb_yello:

i agree rose , i would have like to see him win an EMA but maybe he will have more chance next year when he has his new album finished ... :thumb_yello:

Someone mentioned the group A1. I remember them. they covered a brilliant song called 'Take On Me'. To be honest, it's about time that gorgeous song was covered again. Now let me see... Do we know a male singer who could nail those really high notes?

As for the emas, Ive gone into vomit-mode! Honest to God, the whole thing really stinks. I realise Mika hasn't released anything this year, so he was unlikely to be noiminated as much as last year. But some of the people who have got through are jokes.

To be honest, I think the fairest awards are the awards which come from sales of albums, or awards voted for by an un-biased panel. When fans are allowed to chose, it usually comes down to who's fans can cheat the best, or who's fans have all day to vote continuously.

I can't be bothered with it this year.

MTV-EMA AWARD NOMINATIONS-

"BEST ACT EVER"

#1 _________ ?

#2 _________ ?

#3 _________ ?

#4 _________ ?

#5 _________ ?

ANNOUNCEMENT PENDING?

SO WHAT'S THE DEAL, MTV-EMA PEOPLE?

IT'S LIKE THIS CATEGORY JUST FELL OFF THE EDGE OF THE EARTH!

waiting.gif

"BEST ACT EVER"

#1 _________ ?

#2 _________ ?

#3 _________ ?

#4 _________ ?

#5 _________ ?

ANNOUNCEMENT PENDING?

IT'S LIKE THIS CATEGORY JUST FELL OFF THE EDGE OF THE EARTH!

waiting.gif

Yeah . . . I'm almost dead of waiting as well .

Today I arrived home (I was at school) and I ran to the internet and opened the EMA's site... I was like "I'm going to know NOW... f*ck... STILL NOT NWS? :shocked:" . Well... grrrr . . .

Yeah . . . I'm almost dead of waiting as well .

Today I arrived home (I was at school) and I ran to the internet and opened the EMA's site... I was like "I'm going to know NOW... f*ck... STILL NOT NWS? :shocked:" . Well... grrrr . . .

I maybe paranoid, but I'm wondering if Mika actually got into the top 5, in first place, and that's why they've cancelled the catagory, to make sure he doesn't win. But that's probably just my suspicious mind, thinking they are out to get him!

I maybe paranoid, but I'm wondering if Mika actually got into the top 5, in first place, and that's why they've cancelled the catagory, to make sure he doesn't win. But that's probably just my suspicious mind, thinking they are out to get him!

They CAN'T cancel the category.

I think the delay is to peak interest.

They HAVE to announce 5 nominees for

"BEST ACT EVER" sooner or later!

IT'S LIKE THIS CATEGORY JUST

FELL OFF THE EDGE OF THE EARTH!

waiting.gif

THIS IS ON THE PEREZ HILTON WEB SITE--

We are soooo excited about serving as this year's "Digital Host" for the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards, held November 6th, live from Liverpool, especially now that we know all the super awesome acts nominated!

Check them out below and be sure to check out MTVEMA.com on November 6th to watch Perezzers super special online only show!

Album Of the Year

Alicia Keys – As I Am

Britney Spears - Blackout

Coldplay – Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends

Duffy – Rockferry

Leona Lewis – Spirit

Headliner

Foo Fighters

Linkin’ Park

Metallica

The Cure

Tokio Hotel

Most Addictive Track

Coldplay – Viva La Vida

Duffy – Mercy

Katy Perry – I Kissed A Girl

Kid Rock – All Summer Long

P!nk – So What

New Act

Duffy

Jonas Brothers

Katy Perry

Miley Cyrus

One Republic

Act of 2008

Amy Winehouse

Britney Spears

Coldplay

Leona Lewis

Rihanna

Ultimate Urban

Alicia Keys

Beyoncé

Chris Brown

Kanye West

Lil Wayne

Rock Out

30 Seconds to Mars

Linkin’ Park

Metallica

Paramore

Slipknot

Posted: September 27, 2008 at 8:26 pm

----------------------------------------

Inquiring minds want to know--

"BEST ACT EVER"

#1 _________ ?

#2 _________ ?

#3 _________ ?

#4 _________ ?

#5 _________ ?

WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA, ANYWAY?

NOTE:

IF YOU REGISTER at

http://www.perezhilton.com/

YOU CAN LEAVE COMMENTS!

I POSTED THESE MINUTES AGO--

OK PEREZ–

What EXACTLY has happened to the

"BEST ACT EVER" category.

MIKA was in the long list.

No short list, of 5 official nominees

–like the others–, has been announced/published!

It's like the category, "BEST ACT EVER" has fallen off

the Edge of the Earth!

"WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?"

and

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE

"BEST ACT EVER"[/I] CATEGORY?

-----------------------------------------------

OR you can E-Mail Perez from the site at

perez@perezhilton.com

--LIKE I ALSO DID MINUTES AGO . . .

WHAT'S HAPPENED TO THE

"BEST ACT EVER" CATEGORY?

MIKA WAS ON THE LONG LIST!

NOW WHEN THE 5 OFFICIAL NOMINEES FOR ALL THE OTHER CATEGORIES

HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED/PUBLISHED, IT'S LIKE THE "BEST ACT EVER"

CATEGORY HAS FALLEN OFF THE EDGE OF THE EARTH,

or

NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

"WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?"

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?

THIS IS ON THE PEREZ HILTON WEB SITE--

Very very very very VERY exciting news!

On November 6th, the Queen of All Media will be in the city of culture, Liverpool, U.K., for the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards.

Not only will Perezzzzzz be presenting an award at the big show, but he will also be the "Digital Host" for this year's festivities.

What does that mean????

Well, Master P. is going to be bringing viewers worldwide all the juice as it happens - live!

Just go to MTVEMA.com to watch all the red carpet interviews, behind-the-scenes drama and fashion hits and misses. Plus much much more, including your chance to win tickets to the show and VOTE for all the winners!

We've never been to Liverpool before or attended the EMAs, so this is especially exciting.

Here we go!!!!!!

Posted: September 5, 2008 at 9:44 am

Poor Mika !

They would never do that ! I guess they dont hate him, and even if they do.. I mean... I wouldn't do that ! :lmfao:

They CAN'T cancel the category.

I think the delay is to peak interest.

They HAVE to announce 5 nominees for

"BEST ACT EVER" sooner or later!

IT'S LIKE THIS CATEGORY JUST

FELL OFF THE EDGE OF THE EARTH!

waiting.gif

I hope you are right Alice. I think what has been most upsetting is that Best Act Ever is the only catagory he was listed in. I know he hasn't been quite so prominent this year, but I think when he did his summer tour in Europe, and his successful PDP gig, he really deserved to have been given a chance in the Headliner, and Act of 2008 catagories. Amy Winehouse was listed in several catagories, and all she's done is make a fool of herself all year. I'm sorry for her, and for Britney Spears, but can't understand why they are nominated, and Mika is not, after his spectacular PDP gig and his summer tour.

I hope you are right Alice. I think what has been most upsetting is that Best Act Ever is the only catagory he was listed in. I know he hasn't been quite so prominent this year, but I think when he did his summer tour in Europe, and his successful PDP gig, he really deserved to have been given a chance in the Headliner, and Act of 2008 catagories. Amy Winehouse was listed in several catagories, and all she's done is make a fool of herself all year. I'm sorry for her, and for Britney Spears, but can't understand why they are nominated, and Mika is not, after his spectacular PDP gig and his summer tour.

TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH THESE THOUGHTS-

THE JULY 4TH PARIS

STADIUM SHOW WAS AMAZING!

BEST ACT EVER IN MY BOOK!