The Australian Thread: Part Seventeen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i watched a movie online, that wasnt apparently approprite. but i didnt even know what iw as watching so i was mad. i was like asleep when it all happened lol

Ohh :lmfao: Well done.

What movie was it?

Morning all.

Today I am going to do some serious study (unlike the other days when I planned to do study and procrastinated)

But we'll see how long that lasts :fisch:

Are you still here?:naughty:

I have wind?

I thought that was smth else at first. Dirty mind. Must be from talking to Tanya.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I was completely innocent and sweet and nice and quiet and shy until I found the Aussie thread.

Kelzy - NO comment on bonking!!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

Yeah, one has to be careful where the preferences go, which is why I was glad my Greens vote ended up with Labor and not the Coalition (although I think Rudd is just 'Howard Lite' it's better than the original).

I guess their religious views trumped policy.

LOL, you too? Bob Brown is indeed Australia's first openly gay Member of Parliament.

It affects all unmarried couples in general, seriously how silly is that when so many children don't have proper homes.

I made sure prefrences went Rudd before I voted...I'm still not sold 100% on him but he's alot better than Howard.

No comment because everyone has the right to their opinion and vote preferences.....OK just a little one then....disappointing.

Wouldn't that be awesome....a green Prime Minister with good policies.....we can dream!

Silly is a nice way of putting it!

My sister's ex's son was out of control - they had tried everything, so the

authorities took him into care aged 12. He was placed with a gay couple,

and he has never been better. He does not truant, has stopped

stealing, drinking and smoking - and is doing really well at school now.

Its about unconditional love, support and boundaries - and that is not

something that can be regulated for by sex of the parents!!

Absolutely spot on!

True. But he should've been saying it on behalf of the government, not himself.

Perve.

I'm normally not an argumentative person, so I'll listen to alot of crap before I unexpectedly let fly.

They're crazy bitches.

I know! I suck tonight. I had severe cramps earlier that took me from upright to crawling in agony within seconds.

That was the problem, he couldn't get that through his pea brain.

Takes one to know one:bleh:

Depends on who is speaking the crap....and because I've had to listen to their sh!t my whole life, I'm already fired up and ready to go from the start. Actual intelligent conversation with people of differing views doesn't get me fired up nearly as quickly.

What do you mean they're crazy bitches?

Oh, I get really bad cramps too...my friend just recommended these tablets (Mersyndol) for me and I swear by them now! I used to just take Panadol clear but Mersyndol is brilliant.

Exactly, saying 'sorry' and reconciliation in general is not about personal responsibility but collective responsibility and acknowledgment of what happened. Also inherent to it is the promise to work towards preventing anything of the kind ever happening again.

Perfectly stated Twatty:thumb_yello:

And Tanya being her usual psycho self..

Oh, she mentioned you OkD.. smth about when you stay with her.

She's going to kill you

You say that like it's a bad thing :bleh:

You cow! I missed the lemon chiffon the first time and read back trying to find WTF I said :sneaky2: All I could find was the thing about her signature and then I found your little message! I'm storing all this in my little memory for the time when we finally do meet missy:wink2:

ER's blog ... in ... Tyler Summer's blog ... WAY AWESOME!

:doh: That's what I forgot to MQ...that was a great blog....you could take a leaf out of her book....and I'm still waiting on Ambrose to make a blog.

Morning all.

Today I am going to do some serious study (unlike the other days when I planned to do study and procrastinated)

But we'll see how long that lasts

I nearly choked on my tea when I read that first bit:naughty:

I'm already over study. I think I need to go to the library tomorrow and spend some time with the textbook ft being stuck their for 2 hours for next bus.

I'm supposed to be finding examples for an exam essay on the limitations of current representations of GLBT, hence me being online.

Any suggestions? (I'm leaning towards focusing on how bisexual characters tend to be potrayed as promiscious and non monogamous, such as Jack Harkness in Torchwood. I could probably fit Tila Tequila in there as well)

I'm just not in the studying mood

I'm already over study. I think I need to go to the library tomorrow and spend some time with the textbook ft being stuck their for 2 hours for next bus.

I'm supposed to be finding examples for an exam essay on the limitations of current representations of GLBT, hence me being online.

Any suggestions? (I'm leaning towards focusing on how bisexual characters tend to be potrayed as promiscious and non monogamous, such as Jack Harkness in Torchwood. I could probably fit Tila Tequila in there as well)

Tila Tequila IS promiscuous and non-monogamous.:naughty:

But I think it's a fine essay topic.:thumb_yello:

*slids on backpack and puts on Indiana Jones fedora, then looks at you expectedly*

Well? Come on then. We're going to get them back.

*puts on the red hat that the sidekick-y guy wears and dawns new accent*

Indy, let's go!

dun de dun duh, dun de duh, dun de dun duh, dun de duh duh duh, dun de duh duh, dun de duh, dun de duh duh de duh duh de duh duh de duh, de duuuuuh.

Indy, let's go!

dun de dun duh, dun de duh, dun de dun duh, dun de duh duh duh, dun de duh duh, dun de duh, dun de duh duh de duh duh de duh duh de duh, de duuuuuh.

*grabs you and runs away from the giant stone ball that came out of nowhere and is rolling towards us*

Tila Tequila IS promiscuous and non-monogamous.:naughty:

But I think it's a fine essay topic.:thumb_yello:

I know she is. So she'd work as an example of what is seen as the norm for bisexuals in media.

Now i just need to pick the other one I'm going to do, do the readings etc, as well as spend more time on this one. But I so can't be bothered right now.

*grabs you and runs away from the giant stone ball that came out of nowhere and is rolling towards us*

*becomes small chineese boy and watches as the spikes are coming down from the ceiling, presses button thing, runs out and watches you drop your hat and pick it up again*

Which 1/3 do you want? Is there only 3 kids? :blink:

As in have them 1/3 of the time not keep 1 out of 3. :bleh:

You can decide who spilts the other 2/3 custody - you, DC or Bec. :mf_rosetinted:

Ummm, I think Jack Harkness is not portrayed as promiscious and non-monogamous since it's never mentioned or implied whether he has or hasn't been with more than one person at the same time - I'd say he's portrayed as merely very flirtatious (an example of the polyamorous/polysexual portrayal of a bisexual would be Puccini For Beginners where the main character identifies as a lesbian but dates both a man and a woman without their knowledge).

Aside from how they're portrayed the actual number of bisexual characters is far less than gay ones so that either is a good point for your essay since it's an example of limited representation (although new examples include the character '13' in House who is represented as promiscous and self-destructive in reaction to her oncoming Huntington's disease and Callie in Grey's Anatomy who so far has been overall a pretty realistic and non-judgemental portrayal) or it could be a bad point for your essay since there are few examples. As for portrayals, often bisexuals are represented as criminals, especially ones who use sex to manipulate other people of both genders (e.g. Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct). An additional point that you could make is that females are portrayed more often as bisexual or involved in same-sex behaviours than males in Western media - maybe a reflection of the aversion to male intimacy and feeding into the niche market of males who enjoy watching female same-sex behaviour? Also bisexuality or same-sex behaviour in general is also often portrayed as just a 'phase' or 'experiment' (I think there was a character in the O.C. who tried it then returned to men? Katy Perry's 'I Kissed A Girl' is another example). Bisexuality in females is also sometimes portrayed as clinging to patriarchal privilege through their male partner in addition to heterosexual privilege (such as Tina in the L Word dating a man after identifying as a lesbian for 8 and a half years and losing the support of her gay friends). Also, people who could be considered bisexual are often claimed as gay - perhaps due to biphobia (e.g. Tina in the L Word who continued to identify as a lesbian even though she was with Henry since she believes it to be a 'political' label, or in Go Fish when a lesbian is persecuted for having sex with men and told to identify as a bisexual not lesbian, or you could even go back to people like Sappho who is touted a lesbian but had relationships with men too or heck even Oscar Wilde who was married and had children in addition to his male affairs.) Hmm, so I guess there was more to say on the matter of bisexual representations than I originally thought.

A question: is your essay limited to particular media sources e.g. film, TV, music, newspapers, blogs, books? Is it limited to fictional or non-fictional representation? Is it limited to English-language/Western portrayals?

A good source of examples of gay representations in film and TV (but don't really mention bisexuals much) are two documentaries titled 'Fabulous: the Story of Queer Cinema' and 'The Celluloid Closet' (which I can tell you where to download if you want.)

Edited by SuperTwat

Hey, I was completely innocent and sweet and nice and quiet and shy until I found the Aussie thread.

pffft

What do you mean they're crazy bitches?

Don't worry. I included you when I generalised.

Oh, I get really bad cramps too...my friend just recommended these tablets (Mersyndol) for me and I swear by them now! I used to just take Panadol clear but Mersyndol is brilliant.

Never tried it. I have to be careful what I take. If Mersyndol is anti-inflammatory then it's not such a good idea. Codeine has many benefits for me. :thumb_yello: And I think I know what's wrong, and it's not Crohns.

You cow! I missed the lemon chiffon the first time and read back trying to find WTF I said All I could find was the thing about her signature and then I found your little message! I'm storing all this in my little memory for the time when we finally do meet missy

:tongue2:

I nearly choked on my tea when I read that first bit

I don't believe it was tea you choked on. :fisch:

Well now I am... because I am eating lunch. But I left for 50 minutes

Why do you all doubt me so *zhhz*

Pattern of behaviour.

I rammed my car into the side of his pretty new girlfriend's tanned new hyde....broke my key with his limousiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

or something

Nutter.

Temptation island. :naughty:

Indy, let's go!

:roftl: You just reminded me of a funny joke..

As in have them 1/3 of the time not keep 1 out of 3.

You can decide who spilts the other 2/3 custody - you, DC or Bec.

That's easy. DC and Bec can have them. whoever they are