sophie blackhall's artwork

avoca

who else is a fan of this amazing artist?

I have discovered her o.c. through mika's blogs, but she really matches my tastes as far as about children stories (and not only) artwork.

I have checked her site and am looking for some books illustrated by her, at the library.

I have to admit not all of mika's "artistic suggestions" match my tastes :naughty: but this does entirely. :thumb_yello:

anyone else who finds sophie really talented?

what is your fave illustration by hers?

her site http://www.sophieblackall.com (as posted by you-know-who: I don't wanna take the pride of having found it :naughty:).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who else is a fan of this amazing artist?

I have discovered her o.c. through mika's blogs, but she really matches my tastes as far as about children stories (and not only) artwork.

I have checked her site and am looking for some books illustrated by her, at the library.

I have to admit not all of mika's "artistic suggestions" match my tastes :naughty: but this does entirely. :thumb_yello:

anyone else who finds sophie really talented?

what is your fave illustration by hers?

her site http://www.sophieblackall.com (as posted by you-know-who: I don't wanna take the pride of having found it :naughty:).

Thanks for opening this thread. :thumb_yello:

I love her drawings, they are so fresh and beautiful.

Those ones are probably my favorites:

screenshot16sw5.png

screenshot19yk3.png

I like her a lot!:thumb_yello: She's really talented, and I'd love to own a piece of her artwork.

Her style and technique strongly remind me of two slovenian illustrators- I remember I had lots of books with similar drawings in my childhood so it kinda takes me back to those innocent times.:bleh:

screenshot16sw5.png

this one's my favorite too:wub2:

i found this.

it's quite interesting and it's got more of her beautiful drawings :thumb_yello:

thanks for the link avoca! the illustrations are beautiful and the interview with Sophie is really interesting:thumb_yello:

I noticed now there's a link to buy drawings on sophie's site.. :blink: NOT promoting anything, pas de panic. :mf_rosetinted:

I checked for fun some items and they even come in fairly cheap. too bad all the ones i wanted are sold out. :boxed:

haha great minds think alike :naughty: I was also interested in these series of books, I wonder if I can find any here at the library, or smt..

one of the girls (ivy, i think) is even red haired.. :mf_rosetinted: