The LIVE RuRu report/Mini MFC Meet UP Thread

foalbaby14

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SEE that is how MFCers roll! The RWMB -- should take proper fan notes from us! We roll with class and style! ...and above ALL r e s p e c t --

sing it with me ladies! :roftl:

lol of course! But what did the RWMB fans do that was so bad??? I missed that, I think...

:woot_jump:

Sounds like a plan -- this is going to be GREAT!

Oh no -- I hope the weather is fine for travel at the end of February! We got our tickets already! So -- if we can't go due to treacherous weather.... I will be DEVASTATED!~ :shocked:

We can only hope! Last year our weather was really bad, but MO is well-known for being unpredictable.

lol of course! But what did the RWMB fans do that was so bad??? I missed that, I think...

We can only hope! Last year our weather was really bad, but MO is well-known for being unpredictable.

You can ask Alex.... when Rufus was anywhere near their CLAWS come out! Bad! ... and they DID not want us to get to go backstage! Thank GOODNESS Rufus' Tour Manager was SO nice - and recognized us from all three shows. He gladly let us backstage. Let's just say when push came to shove they did not care about ANYONE but themselves. There is no unity there - like there is in the MFC! We all care about each other and look out FOR each other... not plot against eachother to further ourselves. It just isn't right!

Oh NO! Well -- HOPEFULLY that means that THIS year will be a bit more mild.... of course that is my wishful thinking! I REALLY do want to see snow though ... so I am SUPER excited!!!!!

:woot_jump:

Oh, wow....that's really unfortunate. :/ I guess MFCers are an unusual breed, simply because we do look out for one another and we do try to ensure everyone has a positive experience. Honestly, when I saw Rufus in KC last year...the fans didn't even seem hardcore to me. In fact, I felt like I was the only hardcore fan there! But maybe that was just me... Hopefully none of them will make it to the KC this time, so we can try to meet Rufus in peace. :)

No way of telling until the day comes...until then, let's cross our fingers, lady!

Oh, wow....that's really unfortunate. :/ I guess MFCers are an unusual breed, simply because we do look out for one another and we do try to ensure everyone has a positive experience. Honestly, when I saw Rufus in KC last year...the fans didn't even seem hardcore to me. In fact, I felt like I was the only hardcore fan there! But maybe that was just me... Hopefully none of them will make it to the KC this time, so we can try to meet Rufus in peace. :)

No way of telling until the day comes...until then, let's cross our fingers, lady!

It is unfortunate! But, we have always known that we *MFCers* were SO special! At times like that it is just all the more evident! :wub2:

W O W -- a gig with *not so hardcore fans* sounds like a gig made in heaven! :naughty: I will wait in the freezing cold - or pouring rain for RuRu anyday - any place! :roftl:

.....as LONG as flights are not cancelled .... I will be HAPPY! :thumb_yello:

Yeah, very true. :) Hopefully the fans will be laid back like the last time, cos that was pretty sweet.

Chris and I will def wait too...he is so used to me waiting around for musicians to come out that he enjoys doing it too!

*crosses fingers for no cancelled flights*

Yeah, very true. :) Hopefully the fans will be laid back like the last time, cos that was pretty sweet.

Chris and I will def wait too...he is so used to me waiting around for musicians to come out that he enjoys doing it too!

*crosses fingers for no cancelled flights*

How was the crowd there last time during the show? Were they vocal?

I was happy here, cause every show the responses were fabulous! We got to do our screaming ... and EVERY show got better and better!

The crowd was super mellow...even the people down on the floor were standing still the whole time. Chris and I sang along, but we had to stay seated because everyone around us was sitting. So...all in all, they were really mellow!

Alex and I are NOT mellow! Perhaps we will have to liven up the crowd! :naughty:

the claws have come out again:

Thanks for posting this clip, Mike. I am glad that you had such a great time and enjoyed yourselves so much -- your joy is practically tangible. However, I cannot help but feel that you, Mike, have been a little disingenuous with the editing of this clip. I have heard another version of this, the prelude to "A Woman's Face", and Rufus mentions not only the Rubus but also the stickers on his car, and then says: "Would it be funny if it [the sticker] flew in the windshield and killed us?"

Yes, it would have been *HILARIOUS*. Imagine the impact of a car wreck not only on his health and welfare, but also on his career. Imagine the impact on his mother and three sisters. Imagine the impact on Jörn. Worse still, imagine if he had hit someone else and done them harm. Oh, how we'd laugh.

Of course you had only the best intentions on earth and you were overcome with excitement and wanted Rufus to share in the fun. But people, you need to get a grip. Think about the potential consequences of your actions. Sure, Rufus is laughing about it -- but is he really? Rufus often laughs about stuff that isn't particularly funny -- it's a coping mechanism. He has shown what a good sport he is -- now it's time for you to reciprocate and some common sense, if not respect.

There, I've said it. I have been wanting to for a while, but was worried about 'stirring up trouble.' I am expecting a deluge of explanations and justifications and that's OK, fire away. Mike, if you want to discuss this further please feel free to PM me.

Sorry to poop on your party but really guys, think about this stuff. And have a good day.

the claws have come out again:

Thanks for posting this clip, Mike. I am glad that you had such a great time and enjoyed yourselves so much -- your joy is practically tangible. However, I cannot help but feel that you, Mike, have been a little disingenuous with the editing of this clip. I have heard another version of this, the prelude to "A Woman's Face", and Rufus mentions not only the Rubus but also the stickers on his car, and then says: "Would it be funny if it [the sticker] flew in the windshield and killed us?"

Yes, it would have been *HILARIOUS*. Imagine the impact of a car wreck not only on his health and welfare, but also on his career. Imagine the impact on his mother and three sisters. Imagine the impact on Jörn. Worse still, imagine if he had hit someone else and done them harm. Oh, how we'd laugh.

Of course you had only the best intentions on earth and you were overcome with excitement and wanted Rufus to share in the fun. But people, you need to get a grip. Think about the potential consequences of your actions. Sure, Rufus is laughing about it -- but is he really? Rufus often laughs about stuff that isn't particularly funny -- it's a coping mechanism. He has shown what a good sport he is -- now it's time for you to reciprocate and some common sense, if not respect.

There, I've said it. I have been wanting to for a while, but was worried about 'stirring up trouble.' I am expecting a deluge of explanations and justifications and that's OK, fire away. Mike, if you want to discuss this further please feel free to PM me.

Sorry to poop on your party but really guys, think about this stuff. And have a good day.

Sorry to be ignorant - but how can stickers kill anyone? :blink:

Sorry to be ignorant - but how can stickers kill anyone? :blink:

:roftl: Okay -- this is how stickers can kill one -----------

Some of the Boardies put a cloud peel off car sticker kinda thing on the vehicle that Rufus was traveling around Florida in. {to match the decor of the RuBus}

well --- as they were driving down the highway from Melbourne to Miami......

the sticker blew off and on to the windshield of the vehicle. Blocking the view of the driver. Now, had circumstances been different -- it could have EASILY caused a SERIOUS accident .... even killing RUFUS :shocked:

It was NOT the smartest thing to do by any means! GLAD I was not part of it!

I have been checking flights and American Airlines would be $184.00

I love the times too .... perfecto --

the flight leaves Ft. Lauderdale at 9:45 {there ARE NO direct flights to Kansas City :blink:} .... change planes in Dallas -- and arrive in MO -- about 2:45 that would be perfect time -- get to the hotel check in ..... get ready!!!! Go out to dinner with the MFCers and then to the show! D A N G this is going to be a QUICK trip! Think we will sleep at ALL that night? --- I say we will be out playing in the snow all night! :naughty:

I have been checking flights and American Airlines would be $184.00

I love the times too .... perfecto --

the flight leaves Ft. Lauderdale at 9:45 {there ARE NO direct flights to Kansas City :blink:} .... change planes in Dallas -- and arrive in MO -- about 2:45 that would be perfect time -- get to the hotel check in ..... get ready!!!! Go out to dinner with the MFCers and then to the show! D A N G this is going to be a QUICK trip! Think we will sleep at ALL that night? --- I say we will be out playing in the snow all night! :naughty:

that sounds great!! how long would the layover be??? i've never been to dallas :naughty:

we'll have no time to think about how tired we are! :thumb_yello:

that sounds great!! how long would the layover be??? i've never been to dallas :naughty:

we'll have no time to think about how tired we are! :thumb_yello:

I don't remember how long it is -- but, not VERY! AT all! No time to run around and 'see Dallas' LOL -- I have never been to Texas -- now at least I will be able to say that I passed through! :naughty: We can walk around the airport and look in the shops and stuff --

you are right! We will not have time to think of anything at all! At least the flight back will be amazing -- just thinking back on WHAT we just saw! :wub2:

I don't remember how long it is -- but, not VERY! AT all! No time to run around and 'see Dallas' LOL -- I have never been to Texas -- now at least I will be able to say that I passed through! :naughty: We can walk around the airport and look in the shops and stuff --

you are right! We will not have time to think of anything at all! At least the flight back will be amazing -- just thinking back on WHAT we just saw! :wub2:

oh well, we can take pictures in the airport :naughty:

i've only been to houston and pasedena...i was thinking about going there for springbreak lol.

oh! my family is going to tallahassee in january or february. i hope it's january, cause i want to go too! :naughty:

I KNOW! I wonder W H A T is up with that! :boxed:

They are SO vicious over there! I think they give NEW meaning to the term....

'RABID FANS' :shocked:

i think it was because of all the craziness over the cloud sticker.... did you see the sticker??? it was really thing, but long. i don't think it could have blocked the drivers view, at all.

i think it was because of all the craziness over the cloud sticker.... did you see the sticker??? it was really thing, but long. i don't think it could have blocked the drivers view, at all.

FREAKIER accidents have happened! Under just the right circumstances - it could have EASILY caused an accident! And that is the LAST thing we want Rufus to be involved in.

I agree all the craziness over it was uncalled for -- but, it is true -- people should be allowed to voice their opinions! It is a PUBLIC forum after all. Seems like some people can say what ever the hell they want - then as soon as someone else opens their mouth to speak they are getting all sorts of feet shoved down their throats from all angles. NOT COOL.