Songs that make you cry?

superstar

Anyone have a song that just makes you tear up whenever you hear it? Why does it make you sad?

Here are mine:

This song is so beautiful. It makes me think of when people you love pass on, and there is nothing at all you can do to stop it. "They will see us waving from such great heights/come down now, they'll say/ but everything looks perfect from far away/come down now, but we'll stay".

What an amazing song. Just listen to the lyrics, so well written, a boy left with nothing but memories of his love.

This is so gorgeous when Mika plays it live. You can tell how much it means to him, and not to mention that the piano is beautiful. All of his feelings go into playing this live, and it really effects me.

Anyone? :wub2:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very rare that I cry over songs, especially since I love depressing music (LOL), but if the lyrics of a song remind me of some immensely negative feeling like loneliness and/or hopelessness, I can get a little tearful. Actually, when I was a teenager, if I heard too many love songs, or too powerful a love song, I would often end up breaking down crying LOL. XD;

Everyone who knows me - KNOWS this fact and they USE IT AGAINST me when ever the want to bring on the water works :sneaky2:

The ONE song that makes me cry on demand is:

Puff the Magic Dragon.

This has occurred since I was like 5-years-old. My parents, siblings and children think it is SO hilarously funny -- they start singing out of no where ... in crowded places. Just to sit back and watch the show.

Last year we were at a steak house eating dinner and the table right next to us had a large group. One older gentleman was playing the harmonica and *his wife, I suppose* was singing. It was awesome and VERY enjoyable .... until..... he decided to play Puff the Magic Dragon. :shocked:

I started balling right there at the table. And I could not stop. It was SO embarrassing! My entire table laughing histerically at me. The man even apologized to me for playing it -- it was SO unforgettable.

Now my kids use it to torture me.

Don't ask me WHY cause I don't know! It has JUST a l w a y s done that to me!

Have you heard it? It is tragically sad!

The part that GETS me the MOST is:

Dragons live forever, but not so little boys. Painted wings and giant strings make way for other toys. Then one grey night it happened. Jackie Paper came no more. And Puff that mighty dragon he ceased his fearless roar. His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain. Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane. Without his lifelong friend little Puff could not be brave. So Puff that mighty dragon - he slipped into his cave.

Crying ... only when I'm already feeling bad .. but..

Just don't know why .. The voice .. the lyrics .. why it's been written (or what I've read about it, but I suppose it's true..) .. all that I guess .. Especially the end (from 2:54 in that video, after the picture) always gets to me ..

.... I lllooovvveeeee that song!!!!!! :shocked:

I love too... :thumb_yello:

At the moment Song which make me cry is:

ERASE I don't know why but I think that is a very very beautiful song :wub2: Its so beautiful and I don't know what I feel when I listen to it.. :tears:

ah yes! I cry when I listen to:

WHEN I SEE YOU SMILE and NOTHING ELSE MATTERS cause when I list to it I'm gonna think to MIKA! :wub2:

Happy Ending makes me sad, if I'm in the right mood :crybaby::blush-anim-cl:

Also - the first three bars of Bruckner's anthem "Virga Jesse" - which is tricky when you are trying to sing it with your choir and choking back the urge to sob:naughty: There is something so beautiful about the harmonies that gets me every time.

Also - any choral setting of the line "Fair daffodils, we weep to see you haste away so soon" from the poem "To Daffodils" by Robert Herrick - reminds me of Freddie Mercury. http://www.bartleby.com/101/252.html

I'm sad :tears:

:roftl:

Everyone who knows me - KNOWS this fact and they USE IT AGAINST me when ever the want to bring on the water works :sneaky2:

The ONE song that makes me cry on demand is:

Puff the Magic Dragon.

This has occurred since I was like 5-years-old. My parents, siblings and children think it is SO hilarously funny -- they start singing out of no where ... in crowded places. Just to sit back and watch the show.

Last year we were at a steak house eating dinner and the table right next to us had a large group. One older gentleman was playing the harmonica and *his wife, I suppose* was singing. It was awesome and VERY enjoyable .... until..... he decided to play Puff the Magic Dragon. :shocked:

I started balling right there at the table. And I could not stop. It was SO embarrassing! My entire table laughing histerically at me. The man even apologized to me for playing it -- it was SO unforgettable.

Now my kids use it to torture me.

Don't ask me WHY cause I don't know! It has JUST a l w a y s done that to me!

Have you heard it? It is tragically sad!

The part that GETS me the MOST is:

Dragons live forever, but not so little boys. Painted wings and giant strings make way for other toys. Then one grey night it happened. Jackie Paper came no more. And Puff that mighty dragon he ceased his fearless roar. His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain. Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane. Without his lifelong friend little Puff could not be brave. So Puff that mighty dragon - he slipped into his cave.

That is such a sad song! I love the melody, but the lyrics are so depressing....it reminds me of The Giving Tree...but at least in that book it's just a tree, not a cute dragon :tears:

That is such a sad song! I love the melody, but the lyrics are so depressing....it reminds me of The Giving Tree...but at least in that book it's just a tree, not a cute dragon :tears:

THE GIVING TREE! :crybaby:

some of those kids books just make me cry so hard.

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch it so terribly sad. Those books, they make me so sad...

mary poppins' feed the birds.. :blush-anim-cl:

always made me cry :boxed::blush-anim-cl::bleh:

same! i also cant listen to meryl streep singing 'slipping through my fingers' by abba in mamma mia, it makes me feel sad :-( some of the songs my mum listen to make me cry- there one by the beach boys but i cant remember what its called. :no:

It depends on the moment...but there are some songs that bring tears to my eyes.

Do They Know It's Christmas :tears:

You Take My Breath Away, These Are The Days Of Our Lives(Queen) ok and almost all the songs in the Made In Heaven album...:blush-anim-cl:

Sometimes, Any Other World, because it's a song that says a lot to me...

And a few more, I guess... I just can't remember them all now.

It depends on the moment...but there are some songs that bring tears to my eyes.

Do They Know It's Christmas :tears:

You Take My Breath Away, These Are The Days Of Our Lives(Queen) ok and almost all the songs in the Made In Heaven album...:blush-anim-cl:

Sometimes, Any Other World, because it's a song that says a lot to me...

And a few more, I guess... I just can't remember them all now.

I know just what you mean about "Made in Heaven" - I daren't listen to it in the car, because I can't cry and drive at the same time :tears: