Mika's New Website

babspanky

I'm a bit worried about what MFC will become when the new album comes out. I love going to a thread and knowing who started it! What will it be like with all the new users?

I guess I wasn't here when the first album came out...I just hope all us ole' faithfuls can stick together. :wub2:

well... see, at one point, we were all the "new user" :wink2:

when i see a thread made by one of my friends, i run to it... cuz i am interested in what they have to say. new user threads are sometimes interesting as well. but i'm a true believer that we should start a thread called "not everything needs a thread" thread where random stuff can be put in. :bleh:

but let's face it... only the true diehard mfcers will stick here. others will come and go or not come as often. and that's ok. but if i leave, you'll never see me make a thread about it. i think it won't be a calculated move where i have to say "goodbyes" it will be a gradual thing.

as for mika's new website, i do think babs had a great idea about the concert part of it, where we could all go and put our thoughts, reviews and maybe even pictures of each concerts. but then again, mfc has done the picture part already (sivan) ... we are just "that good" :naughty:

if i have to pay for mfc to remain the same, then i will gladly do it. i like it here... alot :wub2:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: oddly enough i know exactly which song you are referring too... i never heard those words, but i can see how it could be a possibility :naughty:

I know which song it is too:naughty:

I would quite like a section which documents all of Mika's gigs. I saw this on a site recently and was able to pinpoint a really old gig I went to. It was a lot earlier than I thought too. (not a Mika gig, a Joy Division one)

So Mika could have a list of gigs and invite people to write reviews of them, or link videos or pictures the people have from that particular gig.

In the future this would be a great nostalgia fest! :thumb_yello:

That'd be great!

I'm a bit worried about what MFC will become when the new album comes out. I love going to a thread and knowing who started it! What will it be like with all the new users?

I guess I wasn't here when the first album came out...I just hope all us ole' faithfuls can stick together. :wub2:

This is a very good comment ... the MFC is a busy place for a man that hasnt had an album for 2 years ...

Next year is going to be busyyyy ... I think the MFC will be swamped actually .. we are kinda looking at the now and thinking if we are setup correctly to cope with it

We are a community, we may squabble and fight at times, we may not all like each other, some of us are now good friends, we have all ages here, we are a community. I don't think we need many changes, maybe just tweaking here and there, I fear if there are too many changes it will affect the dynamics of the forum and that would be a real shame.

I totally agree with you on all this, bab.

You know, even though the mod/admin team

have talked with Mika's management a bit

about the new site, we really know nothing about what's going to happen

with it. But I can tell you one thing: We've been told, and I quote, the

"fan club stays the fan club." I take that to mean they don't have plans to

mess with us too much -- maybe some changes

on a technical level, a new look or something, but not in how

we operate on a daily basis. That's just my gut feeling.

Well, that's just it, isn't it? You were new once, we all were, so I think

it may be crazy with a new influx of members, but it will eventually

settle back down to a more normal level.

if i have to pay for mfc to remain the same, then i will gladly do it. i like it here... alot :wub2:

Awww, you're certainly not alone in the sentiment, guylaine :huglove:

Someone asked me the other day if this "Mika thing" was my midlife crisis. :blink: Um... maybe... but if that's true, then I'm not really minding

my "midlife" so much at all! :naughty:

Yep, I definitely feel like I'm in this for the long haul. :thumb_yello:

Well, that's just it, isn't it? You were new once, we all were, so I think

it may be crazy with a new influx of members, but it will eventually

settle back down to a more normal level.

Awww, you're certainly not alone in the sentiment, guylaine :huglove:

Someone asked me the other day if this "Mika thing" was my midlife crisis. Um... maybe... but if that's true, then I'm not really minding

:roftl::roftl: is mickey mouse part of your midlife crises too?

well if mika is, then at least it's a safe and innocent one :naughty:

and a fun one! :punk:

:roftl::roftl: is mickey mouse part of your midlife crises too?

well if mika is, then at least it's a safe and innocent one :naughty:

and a fun one! :punk:

And an expensive one! *remembers trip to Scotland, trip to NYC, multiple

copies of CD and DVDs, etc. etc.* :naughty:

Maybe my husband would be happier if I just got a shiny new sportscar :wink2:

As for Mickey -- He's my lifelong obsession, I'm afraid :wub2:

And an expensive one! *remembers trip to Scotland, trip to NYC, multiple

copies of CD and DVDs, etc. etc.* :naughty:

Maybe my husband would be happier if I just got a shiny new sportscar :wink2:

As for Mickey -- He's my lifelong obsession, I'm afraid :wub2:

lol yes expensive i agree with you! :naughty: but also so rewarding. the problem with a "mika obsession" is that it also involves meeting other mfcers from around the world that share the same/similar obsession. they have become special people in your life. now i never belonged to a forum/fanclub before in my life. is it always like that or just here?

as for mickey... he is cute too!! :naughty:

MFC as a forum should stay the same .. for many reasons , as babs said it was made by the fans FOR the fans ... and without sounding cruel ... Mikas team had their own forum and it was no where near the success of MFC

I dont see any major changes as a forum group , in fact I think we will be developed more into a fan club :thumb_yello:

MFC as a forum should stay the same .. for many reasons , as babs said it was made by the fans FOR the fans ... and without sounding cruel ... Mikas team had their own forum and it was no where near the success of MFC

I dont see any major changes as a forum group , in fact I think we will be developed more into a fan club :thumb_yello:

i like to hear the "no major changes" :thumb_yello:

i hope they do take care of the server issues before the new album comes out. otherwise....

:blowup:

Someone asked me the other day if this "Mika thing" was my midlife crisis. :blink: Um... maybe... but if that's true, then I'm not really minding

Well it's nearly two years already and I'm not about to give up yet. How long can we have this crisis for? :naughty:

But crisis, I don't know... I would rather call it a beautiful way to enjoy life!:wink2:

Nice and comforting words!:wub2:

uh oh,:shocked: what new website thingie?

what have i missed?

why am i so slow?

can you answer these things for me please?:roftl:

Mika is going to have a new website, to incorporate MFC, his blogs and other things. He told us about this in one of his blogs or vlogs.

You have probably missed loads, too much to mention here.

I don't know.

xx

:naughty: thank you

Mika is going to have a new website, to incorporate MFC, his blogs and other things. He told us about this in one of his blogs or vlogs.

You have probably missed loads, too much to mention here.

I don't know.

xx

i'm hoping the mfc remains the same. why fix something that isn't broken (well yes... we need a new server!!!) but mfc itself works perfectly and should remain untouched.

as for his website, i am looking forward to all it will contain (artwork included!)

but i also hope that it won't be a forgotten project once it is up and running.

i'd be happy if it was just a link to the mfc from mikasounds :bleh:

Yeah, I have to confess, I am a little concerned about this and hope the MFC changes very little. After all it grew up and evolved without any input from anyone other than the fans. We are the ones who made it what it is. I don't know why mikasounds didn't take off, but it didn't, not in the same way as MFC.

We are a community, we may squabble and fight at times, we may not all like each other, some of us are now good friends, we have all ages here, we are a community. I don't think we need many changes, maybe just tweaking here and there, I fear if there are too many changes it will affect the dynamics of the forum and that would be a real shame.

I agree with not changing the MFC too much and just having a link from the new web site. Mika said he wanted a magazine type website, lots of different sections, I should imagine he already has a definite idea about how it will look.

Hope you're right Deb.

I trust the man :punk:

after all he's the owner of the place :wub2:

...and he's so creative! :groovy:

Hmm. It's not about trust though is it? It's about him knowing what we the fans would like. After all we are the ones going to be using it. It's important we like what we get.

Hmm. It's not about trust though is it? It's about him knowing what we the fans would like. After all we are the ones going to be using it. It's important we like what we get.

well...after this Christmas vlog, I have to admit that he knows fairly well what I like! :wink2:

:naughty: