Mika's New Website

babspanky

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering about Mika's new website?

What will it look like? websitethread.gif

What kind of layout will there be?

I imagine there will be a blog and vlog section, a biography section? A discography section? A part where all gigs, present and past are logged? A picture library, a video library? A news section? And of course a MFC section.

What else do you think should be in there? Are you familiar with other people's websites and if so what do they have that you think Mika should have?

With the Fan Club section, how do you see it fitting in with what we have already? Do you think the forum itself will change much and do you want it to or not?

I'm a little wary about the MFC part changing much, it works well as it is and we all know that mikasounds just didn't take off.

Does anyone have any idea when it will be launched? Is there a ball park date?

What do you all think?

Wow, that's a LOT of questions! :P

But I just want there to be new stuff and more info and yeah.

I don't want all the old stuff and old information in different formats, I just want to learn more if that makes sense ;)

xxx

I would quite like a section which documents all of Mika's gigs. I saw this on a site recently and was able to pinpoint a really old gig I went to. It was a lot earlier than I thought too. (not a Mika gig, a Joy Division one)

So Mika could have a list of gigs and invite people to write reviews of them, or link videos or pictures the people have from that particular gig.

In the future this would be a great nostalgia fest! :thumb_yello:

that sounds very good:thumb_yello:

Wow, that's a LOT of questions! :P

But I just want there to be new stuff and more info and yeah.

I don't want all the old stuff and old information in different formats, I just want to learn more if that makes sense ;)

xxx

But there has to be both old and new surely as hopefully new fans will find the site and will want to familiarise themselves with all of the old stuff?

But there has to be both old and new surely as hopefully new fans will find the site and will want to familiarise themselves with all of the old stuff?

Yes, I totally agree.

Plus, the old stuff is not only valuable for the new fans. It will be a fantastic "memory lane" type trip for the ones who were there at the beginning, so that we can watch gigs that we went to, or the ones that we missed, etc...

I personally can't wait to see all the footage that Andy took of the Dodgy Holiday 2007 tour, both of Mika and of us, and I am really hoping that this will be on the new site to watch.

I mean, come on, the Andy-archives must be bursting, let's see some of it!!! :punk::mf_lustslow:

I'm looking forward to see how the new website is going to look like,and I remember Mika mentioned in some of his earlier blogs that the fans will have the opportunity to cooperate on the new site as well. So,I think that's a great idea and I can't wait for him to tell us more about it!

I think there'll be a new artwork for the new website,I reckon Jasmine is going to do a great job. But the only thing that I wonder is when it'll be on. The new webite,that is.

daily random vids & funny comic strips :meow:

and maybe some songs...Mika's a singer songwriter, right? :kaf:

Ooooh is THAT what he's doing?:doh: I was wondering already:faf:

I'm looking forward to see how the new website is going to look like,and I remember Mika mentioned in some of his earlier blogs that the fans will have the opportunity to cooperate on the new site as well. So,I think that's a great idea and I can't wait for him to tell us more about it!

I think there'll be a new artwork for the new website,I reckon Jasmine is going to do a great job. But the only thing that I wonder is when it'll be on. The new webite,that is.

He said it would be soon, but well, you know how it is with him:naughty:

At least he didn't say top of the week this time:roftl:

Yes, I totally agree.

Plus, the old stuff is not only valuable for the new fans. It will be a fantastic "memory lane" type trip for the ones who were there at the beginning, so that we can watch gigs that we went to, or the ones that we missed, etc...

I personally can't wait to see all the footage that Andy took of the Dodgy Holiday 2007 tour, both of Mika and of us, and I am really hoping that this will be on the new site to watch.

I mean, come on, the Andy-archives must be bursting, let's see some of it!!! :punk::mf_lustslow:

Hell yeah.

Ooooh is THAT what he's doing?:doh: I was wondering already:faf:

He said it would be soon, but well, you know how it is with him:naughty:

At least he didn't say top of the week this time:roftl:

Hell yeah.

I HOPE he'll keep his promise this time :naughty::roftl: oh I know he will :wub2:

:roftl:

mmmmmmmmmm

i hope mfc as a forum will have a better server and a link on mikasounds, that's all!

and turn into a real fan club, regarding tickets and perks...this is to be agreed with mikateam, and i'm sure we will get there...sooner or later.

mikasounds will be totally in mikas' hands, filled with everything he would like to share with us...pics, videos, blogs, art, lyrics...i like everything mika touches!:naughty:

and good organized archives, cause mikas' got some history now, and all material and stuff (professional or amatorial) should be available in archives worth of this name.

MFC can contribute to fill MS archives, we've got THE material, but files and folders shouyld be very well organized.

looking forward to it, useless to say

:punk: Yes, please! I can't normally find absolutely anything I need :groovy:

Yes, I totally agree.

I love the quote in your signature!

Where are they from?

• 3 weeks later...
Now we are into 2009 I wonder how near we are to getting a new website?

As we are in a bit of a Mika drought, the launch of a new Mikasounds would keeps us quiet for a few weeks. :thumb_yello:

Mika, please note. :naughty:

A few weeks?

A day at most :mf_rosetinted:

Now we are into 2009 I wonder how near we are to getting a new website?

As we are in a bit of a Mika drought, the launch of a new Mikasounds would keeps us quiet for a few weeks. :thumb_yello:

Mika, please note. :naughty:

i think he gave up on trying to keep us quiet :roftl::roftl:

Also,some of us have discussed this quite a bit,and wonder how Team M will deal with the day to day running of the site...seeing the track record that they have when it comes to anything technical and the somewhat slow SLA's that they seem to work to. I work supporting systems and I cringe thinking how this has been dealt with by them so far. I hope that this time Mika employs competent people who are used to providing this sort of service. I could give him some pointers

Also,some of us have discussed this quite a bit,and wonder how Team M will deal with the day to day running of the site...seeing the track record that they have when it comes to anything technical and the somewhat slow SLA's that they seem to work to. I work supporting systems and I cringe thinking how this has been dealt with by them so far. I hope that this time Mika employs competent people who are used to providing this sort of service. I could give him some pointers

I think you could give Bill Gates some pointers :wink2: