Simon & Garfunkel

tantastic

Hello!

I did a little research and I couldn't find any thread of S & G.. So I decided to make one.. Hope we have some fans here :wink2:

Ohh and another thing I wanted to ask. Whenever I tell people that I have a secret crush on Artie they're all like "What, are you crazy?!?!?! O_O" And I'm like "nooo, are YOU crazy?!" Seriously, am I really the only one who thinks that Art in 60s, 70s and even 80s was extremely attractive? :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not the only fan :original:

I think Art fans are a little more rare than Paul fans because Paul has had more media recognition for his solo work than Art has. It can be hard to find people who even know who Art is, let alone think he's attractive.

I've never seen pictures of either of them, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other. I just like their music. :punk:

wow how is it possible to be on the internet and not going to find out how one looks? lol XD I couldn't bare this kind of unknowingness (is that a word?! D::D:DD guess not XD)

Ooooh I love Simon & Garfunkel! Very much so actually.

I grew up listening to my dad's old Simon & Garfunkel vinyls. (I still play them often).

My brother and I used to play the Central Park live album over and over again when we were building Lego castles and such. :naughty:

Art is pretty cute, I like him on their Greatest Hits album cover.

Count me in 2! I don't know too much of their music but have always loved the "Sound of Silence", the words and music...just awesomeness.

I can understand about never seeing or caring for how an artist looks like. Anytime I would play my mom performances or music vids from the 70's such as the Eagles's "Hotel California" she would say, "Wow I didn't know they looked like that", since she only had the albums and music performances were scarce on tv.

Now in the world of tivos and youtube, media is defintely easily accessible. Sometimes I think it can lose its appreciation for the art form yet at the same time open more boundaries for artists...

But yeah "Sound of Silence", this performance gets me for its intensity. I made my mom watch this and she commented "Don't tell me you have a crush on Art" I didn't realize it but there's just something very passionate about him in this video...

be prepared to laugh tho...with the looks & the audience....

Sound of Silence...:roftl:

p.s. don't u think Mika would make a lovely cover of this :bleh:

Edited by soulsalsa7
right vid link

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER . . .

[YouTube]H_a46WJ1viA[/YouTube]

[YouTube]ahFARm2j38c[/YouTube]

MRS. ROBINSON . . .

[YouTube]bE1dz6_u2JI[/YouTube]

50 WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER . . .

[YouTube]91euERWH2M4[/YouTube]

SLIP SLIDIN' AWAY . . .

[YouTube]hp6Zx_fzpq8[/YouTube]

Edited by A. Clay
No need for 4 posts, it can fit in 1

I love Simon and Garfunkel. I have old vinyl of theirs that I've picked up at garage sales and second hand stores and I used to have one of their albums on tape (but my Dad "borrowed" it and I never got it back:naughty:) and now I have a Greatest Hits album on CD and it's fantastic. I've only recently started taking note of Art's looks actually, because Paul was always so much more in your face that I never really noticed what Art looked like... But a few months back I was looking at some early photos of them and Art is much better looking. I don't know that I would go so far as to say I have a crush on him or anything though...

I've been training my son up since he was little, introducing him to some great older music, some of it from before my time even, and Simon and Garfunkel has definitely been on my playlist for him. I used to get so thrilled when he could recognise their voices, even if he wasn't familiar with that song.

Count me in 2! I don't know too much of their music but have always loved the "Sound of Silence", the words and music...just awesomeness.

I can understand about never seeing or caring for how an artist looks like. Anytime I would play my mom performances or music vids from the 70's such as the Eagles's "Hotel California" she would say, "Wow I didn't know they looked like that", since she only had the albums and music performances were scarce on tv.

Now in the world of tivos and youtube, media is defintely easily accessible. Sometimes I think it can lose its appreciation for the art form yet at the same time open more boundaries for artists...

But yeah "Sound of Silence", this performance gets me for its intensity. I made my mom watch this and she commented "Don't tell me you have a crush on Art" I didn't realize it but there's just something very passionate about him in this video...

be prepared to laugh tho...with the looks & the audience....

Sound of Silence...:roftl:

p.s. don't u think Mika would make a lovely cover of this :bleh:

if somebody just heard a big sigh that was me seeing Artie :blush-anim-cl:

I love Simon and Garfunkel. I have old vinyl of theirs that I've picked up at garage sales and second hand stores and I used to have one of their albums on tape (but my Dad "borrowed" it and I never got it back:naughty:) and now I have a Greatest Hits album on CD and it's fantastic. I've only recently started taking note of Art's looks actually, because Paul was always so much more in your face that I never really noticed what Art looked like... But a few months back I was looking at some early photos of them and Art is much better looking. I don't know that I would go so far as to say I have a crush on him or anything though...

I've been training my son up since he was little, introducing him to some great older music, some of it from before my time even, and Simon and Garfunkel has definitely been on my playlist for him. I used to get so thrilled when he could recognise their voices, even if he wasn't familiar with that song.

I really love them both. But whilst Art remains the more attractive one to me, I still like the way Paul looks too. When he was younger he was just soooooooo cutie little cushiewoshie (lol) and later I thought he was actually pretty handsome too haha. Anywayyyyy I always think that when I have children I want to introduce them old music. Because for some reasons my parents never did. We did, of course, know beatles, Elvis etc, but still..

My dad is a huge fan of them and since I take after my dad's taste in music, I really like them too.

I'm gonna have to go with "The Sounds of Silence" as my favorite song.

Also, I like Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al". The video with Chevy Chase cracks me up. :naughty:

My dad is a huge fan of them and since I take after my dad's taste in music, I really like them too.

I'm gonna have to go with "The Sounds of Silence" as my favorite song.

Also, I like Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al". The video with Chevy Chase cracks me up. :naughty:

yeah I love that video too, although I'm not big fan of Chevy usually :naughty: