Nothing yet, I think we're dreaming again, for I can only find, the Phantom of Ireland is there, inside our mind:mf_rosetinted:

no, no, no...

i dont know what/who is in you mind...

but in my mind i have just a Phantom of Ialy... :punk:

last sighting/apparition was in october 2007, in Rimini beach :cool:

:italia:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, no, no...

i dont know what/who is in you mind...

but in my mind i have just a Phantom of Ialy... :punk:

last sighting/apparition was in october 2007, in Rimini beach :cool:

:italia:

Naturally I have the Phantom of the life in cartoon motion inside my mind:naughty:

I'm curious though...considering the acoustic tour will be in small theatres, I just hope that those who managed to get a ticket will get actual seats, otherwise we'll have a Brixton situation if the theatre is really that small.

any news about the panthom of ireland? :cool:

anything else? :cool:

No, but I so wish this was true. :wub2:

Seriously people, The Acadamy would be a great venue for a really intimate concert, I really hope it happens. And in May! :wub2:

And about people travelling to see Mika in other countries; I see no problem at all in that. If anything traveling to a gig makes it all the more special for some reason. I know that I'd rather MFCers filling up a venues than randomers who have no real interest in Mika at all.

I know it makes things a bit more...chaotic (:naughty:) than if it's just normal not too concerned fans, but it also makes for nice MFC randomness. (*cough* except for certain out of control gigs of course) :wink2:

I'm curious though...considering the acoustic tour will be in small theatres, I just hope that those who managed to get a ticket will get actual seats, otherwise we'll have a Brixton situation if the theatre is really that small.

I thought exactly the same thing :thumb_yello:, but I'm sure that it will be well thought out.

Also, for that type of show, one doesn't really want/need a frenzied audience standing there and trying to get as close to the stage as possible, jumping around...it's more of a chilled vibe, so I guess the seats make even more sense.

And about people travelling to see Mika in other countries; I see no problem at all in that. If anything traveling to a gig makes it all the more special for some reason. I know that I'd rather MFCers filling up a venues than randomers who have no real interest in Mika at all.

I know it makes things a bit more...chaotic (:naughty:) than if it's just normal not too concerned fans, but it also makes for nice MFC randomness. (*cough* except for certain out of control gigs of course) :wink2:

As it now seems like I would have a problem with that (typical MFC confusion), let me clarify that some of my best Mika experiences have also been traveling to gigs and spending time with tons of my MFC friends, so I totally agree with what you said.

As long as we all behave!! That was my point :roftl:.

As it now seems like I would have a problem with that (typical MFC confusion), let me clarify that some of my best Mika experiences have also been traveling to gigs and spending time with tons of my MFC friends, so I totally agree with what you said.

As long as we all behave!! That was my point :roftl:.

:naughty: It's okay, I understood what you meant.

I'm just thinking, when I was in The Acadamy for Sam Sparro I was shocked at how laid back it all was. Really, I've never been to such a laid back concert, no queues, no people pushing to get front row, people simply walked up to the front row about 15 mins before Sam came on stage.

I don't know if that's because people aren't too fussed about Sam or if that's just the type of concerts in this venue, but if it was like that for Mika...I'd be over the moon.

Somehow I can't imagine it being like that though...:naughty:

I have to stop talking about it like this, this may not even happen!

Well, can't say anything about that really. In Stockholm we stayed in the hotel next door and I remember that we just went there if we needed to and came back to queue after it. The MIKA hotel remember :naughty:

Of course I remember!:wub2:

You lucky ducks staying at the same hotel as Mika and his band!

But I still can't believe that you didn't take the chance to talk to Martin when you met him in the breakfast room!:roftl:

He is a nice guy and really think he would have appreciated a friendly conversation!

Maybe next time?:naughty:

But I still can't believe that you didn't take the chance to talk to Martin when you met him in the breakfast room!:roftl:

He is a nice guy and really think he would have appreciated a friendly conversation!

You mean the next Lily Allen gig in Stockholm? Cause I get the feeling that Martin has pretty much jumped the Mika ship by now :roftl:

I'm the crying type :lmao:

:shocked::roftl:Nah, I'm not... I'm the jumping and singing type, but I don't disturb anyone!:naughty:

Btw, I do notice all the histerism and confusion that happens in London gigs, at least by the vids I saw... That's the closest I'm getting to it, so:roftl:

I think it's unreasonable to harass him, to chase his car, to stalk him, and to ask him personal questions. The people who do that are just lucky because as previously said, he's too kind to tell someone off or warn them when they're stepping the line. I think the worst is when he comes out, in his own will, to meet fans, and some hug him without asking, some yell, some push... I was histerical before meeting him but I had the conscience to be calm and normal when talking to him. It's respect... I think that abusing him is just going to make him scared and loose confidence in his fans, wich he has, and quite a lot... You don't want to loose that:no:

You mean the next Lily Allen gig in Stockholm? Cause I get the feeling that Martin has pretty much jumped the Mika ship by now :roftl:

Yes he probably have!:wink2:

A Lily Allen gig in Stockholm…starts dreaming…:mf_lustslow:

:shocked::roftl:Nah, I'm not... I'm the jumping and singing type, but I don't disturb anyone!:naughty:

Btw, I do notice all the histerism and confusion that happens in London gigs, at least by the vids I saw... That's the closest I'm getting to it, so:roftl:

I think it's unreasonable to harass him, to chase his car, to stalk him, and to ask him personal questions. The people who do that are just lucky because as previously said, he's too kind to tell someone off or warn them when they're stepping the line. I think the worst is when he comes out, in his own will, to meet fans, and some hug him without asking, some yell, some push... I was histerical before meeting him but I had the conscience to be calm and normal when talking to him. It's respect... I think that abusing him is just going to make him scared and loose confidence in his fans, wich he has, and quite a lot... You don't want to loose that:no:

Right on Carlota !!! *high 5's* A very WISE young woman you are ! :wub2:

What's everyone's fascination with London anyway? I can safely say that the London Mika gigs end up being the worst for me, even though they are my 'homegigs', because all the mfc seems to descend on them and it causes craziness beyond comprehension

But.. it's not like London is Mika is London....

London... :wub2:

Kensington...:wub2:... that's for the museums.

None of the London gigs is on my favourites list, sadly. I can't blank out the fascination of gig #1 after having experienced the madness excessively in front of just a screen for six months. And as I hate crowds in general and all the pushing/shoving that goes along with it with a passion, for me it's got to be Frankfurt.

If you think it's just the lethargic, dull Germans, not right. Munich was the queue from hell. :roftl:

I prefer decent.

WHY IS THERE A NEED TO QUEUE FROM EARLY MORNING?

If everyone starts coming to queue at a more reasonable hour like between 2-3pm in the afternoon, everyones well rested, and we all start getting in the mood closer to the gig(which early starts aren't the case, because by 3pm everyones tired crabby and ready to tear other peoples heads off), the vibe is more electric going in and it makes for a much better show.

This is like one of those game theory examples, benefit maximisation considering potential actions of your counterpart... saying 'Oh, everything could be so nice and everyone would be so happy if everyone just started queueing after 2 p.m.' but thinking 'okay, if all the others think I won't go before two, I'll just go a few minutes earlier, or half an hour.'

Buuut, the others are not back numbers either :das:, saying 'okay, let's go just an hour earlier, just to be sure sure to be among the first 50 people'; they communicate that and a third party will think: 'hmm okay, they go at 1 p.m., it should be safe enough to leave at eleven....' :roftl:

And I'm not implying malevolence here, but opportunism, which is in human's nature.

This will never go back to normal.

And I don't even think I care because I was so extremely lucky having had those great spots so far, at a time when it was still possible, not to mention the brief but precious aftershow meeting moments. If this is as good as it gets, I can say without grief or anger that I had my share without ever having thought it possible.

I won't risk my physical and mental health to get close again, if that should be necessary. Instead of having my ribs broken, I'd rather take a step back.

Personally I have to be dry, clean, fresh, not thirsty or hungry, and with the basic needs fulfilled, if I should be able to enjoy a show!

Exactly.

Actually I was thinking about people like you [/color]

What I am talking about is that when there are gigs here, suddenly the world and their mother turn up, coincidentally stay in Kensington, or nearby, or regularly take touristic trips around that area, [/b]

It would be good if people who for some reason think they have a special relationship with The Lord refrained from organizing tours of South Kens with a longish stop at His London house or getting in touch with MFCers to give them His address....

... or hang around at his local florist to get him bouquets for something incredibly nice he has done to someone's Granny :das:

Edited by violet_sky

Can I ask a dumb question, has there never been floor seats? You always have to line up?

Yup

There have been seats at some gigs but they have been on the upper tiers and unallocated anyway so you would have to queue to get a good seat as well.

Is that a Mika type thing or is it like that for the other artists in the UK?

No a lot of artists. They can put seats in for instance when they have comedians at Hammersmith Apollo they put seats downstairs. But they don't usually for music gigs.

I would much prefer allocated seating. Then you know exactly where you are.

No a lot of artists. They can put seats in for instance when they have comedians at Hammersmith Apollo they put seats downstairs. But they don't usually for music gigs.

me too, it would eliminate a lot of stress. I've only been to concerts in the US and there has been general standing but the seats are allocated in the tiers.

Good idea :thumb_yello:

Luke was there too... :naughty: We're so nice girls that we don't want to harass anybody. :wink2: Honestly Martin didn't look well that morning. If I can trust my memory he caught stomach bug from Germany and was a bit ill in Stockholm. Would have been stupid to disturb him. We were lucky enough to bump into Cherisse and Sara on the elevators to say goodbye after the gig. :thumb_yello:

Me too! :thumb_yello: I was in acoustic Rufus Wainwright concert last April in Helsinki and all the seats were allocated. We had the perfect spot near the stage and didn't have to get there early. :wub2:

Me too! :thumb_yello: I was in acoustic Rufus Wainwright concert last April in Helsinki and all the seats were allocated. We had the perfect spot near the stage and didn't have to get there early. :wub2:

When he was on the UK part of that tour I had to pay 4 times the ticket price just to get 4th row....It's hard to get good tickets for seated gigs here.... I hate it - it's so much more stressful trying to get front row tickets online as soon as they go on sale that standing in the cold for 10, 15, 20 hours or however long it takes to get front row at a standing gig.

I personally hate seated gigs :thumbdown:

When he was on the UK part of that tour I had to pay 4 times the ticket price just to get 4th row....It's hard to get good tickets for seated gigs here.... I hate it - it's so much more stressful trying to get front row tickets online as soon as they go on sale that standing in the cold for 10, 15, 20 hours or however long it takes to get front row at a standing gig.

I personally hate seated gigs :thumbdown:

But seated gigs give most people an equal chance of getting a good view.