• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ingie and Carlota,your avatars are almost the same so I always mix you up now :roftl:

About the seats - standing on a gig, I have a friend who was on the Iron Maiden gig where there were NO seats,so she got punched by someone and fell on the ground and some fellow stepped over her with this

Gravel-14.jpg

and,non-roughly said,screwed her stomach up. :boxed:

Poor girl ended up in hospital!

Only MFC could create this many pages of chatter about a gig we only hope is real. :naughty:

i know right! oooohhhh but i do soooooo hope it is real! it would be AWESOME!!!:wink2: although i don't have a clue who i'd go with! none of my best friends (or any of my friends full stop) like Mika!!! :shocked: i guess i'd just have to meet up with a bunch of MFC'ers :roftl: lots of luv xxx :-D

I swear that he said that , Rose can vouch for it. Not that we looked normal , but good, or nice.

But it did sound like a surprised:' oh! You CAN look ok!' so we were both a bit like: 'hum..ok then' *what did he mean??? we usually look like freaks?*

:naughty: You may call me that if you like, and in fact I do quite like the ring of that. *points to current custom user title*

Maybe it will inspire the trillies to come out to play

And yesssss, numbered seating is the future!

someone on my space seems to like to call you saniflor, as far as I remember.. :fisch: but I may be wrong.. :naughty:

and I still remember what mika said to rose, when he talked to her in brixton: smt like that's the way she looked without the costume, or smt along that line.. :wink2:

I don't think they'll say anything, honestly...:boxed:

me too. they won't confirm or deny before they are authorised to do so by mika team. they already made a mess once, apparently. :blink:

Ingie and Carlota,your avatars are almost the same so I always mix you up now :roftl:

About the seats - standing on a gig, I have a friend who was on the Iron Maiden gig where there were NO seats,so she got punched by someone and fell on the ground and some fellow stepped over her with this

Gravel-14.jpg

and,non-roughly said,screwed her stomach up. :boxed:

Poor girl ended up in hospital!

auuch!:shocked:

I'm lucky I'm tall, I can always see everything and no one can punch me down:mf_rosetinted:

I hope she's ok now?:wink2:

auuch!:shocked:

I'm lucky I'm tall, I can always see everything and no one can punch me down:mf_rosetinted:

I hope she's ok now?:wink2:

I'm pretty short :roftl: but I can get through a crowd very easily :mf_rosetinted:

Yes,she's okay now! Thank god!

Nonsensical

Ah, thanks! So I wasn't that far off then. Not too bad for having made it up :roftl:.

We all have a 'blowing point', where we can't stand anything else, but getting into fights... I wold never get into one just for being in the front row! Of course, if I was there before, I'd like a bit of justice to be done, but fighting for it woldn't be my resource

Yes, I hope we can make our point, I know we can't have it all, but there are some things that are essential! And it's very hard for people like Wendi as tou say. I think we should all have the same oportunities.

Aah dear god... I won't stand it... But ah well, it'll be worth it in the end! The longest qeue I've been on was 4 hours, and still when I got in the venue, I was already exhausted I'm thankful that I got to buy some coffee though!

12 hours?:shocked: Wow, as much as I like Mika, I think we need some conditions! I bet even in a more concurred Tokio Hotel gig(sorry for the awful example), the fans don't wait that long. Anyway, they wold end up crying before the queue ended

It's true though that it makes you tired and just feel like cr@p. By the time you are going in, you're already sick of it, and then you still have to wait another 2 or 3 hours until he comes on...Often making the wait just unbearable.

The only reason why we do it is that there is no other way to get up close, hence why I think that the system sucks.

I'm personally not sure for how much longer if at all I will carry on doing it, because I have become extremely tired of it. We're not talking about multithousand ppl venues here, like a stadium. We are talking 5K ppl venues! It's ridiculous.

You should have seen the faces of the Brixton and Hammersmith people when they started seeing fans turn up, they could not believe their eyes.

Yes, he should queue for us in Dublin :naughty: It would be a short queue though. Can you even call it a queue then? Maybe John can join him. And some of the clowns.... just while he waits until we all had a shower and some fresh clothes after the gig.

HAHAHAHA! Imagine :roftl:. Hilarious. (No clowns though, please). And then if he's a good boy he can get pics with us hehe.

ha ha.. can ya immagine big M queueing with no toilet, no chewing gums, no fresh bottled water all the time (otherwise troubles with toilet too..), freezing his ass, or melting under the burning sun..? I just can picture him, bless him..

Yeah, he'd last like...2 hours max XD

Yeah in London, there was even a drunk guy who at a sudden point wanted to strangle Babzz. It was no fun at all. So I prefer seats

I remember that, poor Babzz :thumbdown:So horrible.

That's awful

Seats wold be much better... If everyone in front decides to stay seated... But again... I don't know if I could stay still in a Mika gig... But if someone asked me to I wold.

I hate those attitudes... What's the point anyway, they won't get any close by pushing towards the stage!

Problem is, that is the attitude 'out there', and you get it everywhere.

Re the seating: it doesn't matter, there's no need to sit (of course if someone like a wheelchair user needs to sit, they should have a seat with a good view no matter what the rest do).

But for the rest. if they don't sit, then it will still be the same situation as if you're standing at a normal gig. The only difference being that you have your 'space', no need to queue, and nobody can kick you out.

Beautiful.

Saniflo?

Apparently, that seems to be my new name according to 'some'.

1. HAHAHAHA! Imagine :roftl:. Hilarious. (No clowns though, please). And then if he's a good boy he can get pics with us hehe.

2. Apparently, that seems to be my new name according to 'some'.

1. teeeeeheeeeee... :roftl:

2. so I was right about the MS thingie.. :naughty:

I'm pretty short :roftl: but I can get through a crowd very easily :mf_rosetinted:

short is nice, you can crawl between people their legs:naughty:

I always pretend like I wanna talk to someone before the one I'm trying to walk by...they'll let you through...and then the same thing happens all over again:naughty:

short is nice, you can crawl between people their legs:naughty:

I always pretend like I wanna talk to someone before the one I'm trying to walk by...they'll let you through...and then the same thing happens all over again:naughty:

Yeah,but only if someone has long legs :naughty:

Man,I hope you wouldn't do that with me too :roftl:

Getting through a crowd easily as you are small? god be with you if you try it in front of me, missy :sneaky2::naughty:.

:blink: Which part of 'those people were there earlier, so it's unfair to do that' do you not understand?

Seriously now, if you want to get to the front, the honourable way (if there are no assigned seating tickets) is to to queue, and not to try and get in front of others who were there earlier.

Another reason why there should be designed seating IMO.To avoid those situations.

I really don't like seating venues .... can do without the mad queuing though .... I'll be going to Hammy soon and I probably won't have to be there till 4.00pm, even though it's a standing ticket I have .... I have to say I've never known fans to queue as early as Mika fans do .... :eek:

I really would be unhappy if Mika only ever did seating gigs from now on, you just don't get the vibe at them as far as I'm concerned .... I can't see it happening though .... thank god....

Thing is, Laurel, 4 pm is a freaking picnic. Last time around in London and Amsterdam, people were SPENDING THE NIGHT at the venue!!! If that is not total madness, what is? And it will only get worse if the word spreads...

If the only choice that you had was to either spend the night there or be at the back, are you sure that you'd still think the same? :naughty:

Seated venues can have the same fabulous vibe, as people don't actually need to stay sitting...it's just a way to mark 'personal space' and avoid the queueing, that's all.

That Beirut Mika gig was rocking, and they all had their designated 'seating' area, but nobody was actually sitting. It was no different to any other of the Mika standing gigs atmosphere wise.

Getting through a crowd easily as you are small? god be with you if you try it in front of me, missy :sneaky2::naughty:.

:blink: Which part of 'those people were there earlier, so it's unfair to do that' do you not understand?

Seriously now, if you want to get to the front, the honourable way (if there are no assigned seating tickets) is to to queue, and not to try and get in front of others who were there earlier.

Another reason why there should be designed seating IMO.To avoid those situations.

]

Well then I hopefully won't be any near you on the gig. :naughty:

I get through only if someone wants to beat me up in the queue,I hope you understand that?

Oh yeah,forgot to add: having seats would be great,but then how would I jump and dance to the music while the gig lasts in the Mika euphoria? :roftl:

haha, I've only done it twice. It's not like I'm going to a gig every weekend:mf_rosetinted: First time was at mika's gig @ the HMH 11-11-07, my friend got sick so she wanted to have something to drink. I saw a 'heineken boy' with a flag on his shoulder. So I went up to him and asked him for beer, but you had to have coins which you could only buy in the main hall. And right at the point I turned my head, the lights went out and Mika's intro music started to play... I completely FREAKED OUT! :shocked: I'm lucky a lot of people saw me walking to the back so they let me through when I went back...but the last 3/4meters were hard!! and then I used it to get by these people, I said completely random things to the people who were in front of me..but, I managed to get back to my friend in time:wub2:

and the second time I was VIP so I already stould first row...but even a vip needs to go to the toilet some times...:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah,but only if someone has long legs :naughty:

Man,I hope you wouldn't do that with me too :roftl:

of course not!!:thumb_yello:

and the only time we'll meet at a gig is one of mika's...and then I don't need to walk to the first row...cuz I am already first row:thumb_yello: :naughty:

of course not!!:thumb_yello:

and the only time we'll meet at a gig is one of mika's...and then I don't need to walk to the first row...cuz I am already first row:thumb_yello: :naughty:

:roftl: okay... it would be fun to meet you all on the gigs :naughty: which gig have you been at?

Well then I hopefully won't be any near you on the gig. :naughty:

I hope that if you are actually trying to do queue jumping at any gig, someone with a bit of morals will stop you, whoever is there. It's just about basic fairness and respect.

I get through only if someone wants to beat me up in the queue,I hope you understand that?

Oh yeah,forgot to add: having seats would be great,but then how would I jump and dance to the music while the gig lasts in the Mika euphoria? :roftl:

I don't understand what you mean there

Do you mean that you get through if people don't try to beat you up for trying to get ahead of them?

Re seats, as I said before, it's not about 'having to sit down'. It's about having that space. Stand, dance, whatever. That's what people do at 'seated' gigs all the time, like the Beirut one.

haha, I've only done it twice. It's not like I'm going to a gig every weekend:mf_rosetinted: First time was at mika's gig @ the HMH 11-11-07, my friend got sick so she wanted to have something to drink. I saw a 'heineken boy' with a flag on his shoulder. So I went up to him and asked him for beer, but you had to have coins which you could only buy in the main hall. And right at the point I turned my head, the lights went out and Mika's intro music started to play... I completely FREAKED OUT! :shocked: I'm lucky a lot of people saw me walking to the back so they let me through when I went back...but the last 3/4meters were hard!! and then I used it to get by these people, I said completely random things to the people who were in front of me..but, I managed to get back to my friend in time:wub2:

and the second time I was VIP so I already stould first row...but even a vip needs to go to the toilet some times...:mf_rosetinted:

Nooo but it's very different if you had your fairly accrued spot and you went to the toilet or to get something! That is NOT queue jumping.

I am talking about getting there after other people, and trying to get ahead of them, which is what it looked like Keti was implying.

Ouch Keti, that's awful!

My friend wants to go to a Metallica concert, and as much as I think some of their songs are brilliant, the crowd isn't very nice and neither are the fans! So no way I'm going:naughty:

I'm short too, but I woldn't get trough a crowd like that, only even if I went to the loo and I was there before, but still, I never do that because it's awful to see someone passing by you, getting closer to the stage and you never know the reason why that person is getting trough..

Ah, thanks! So I wasn't that far off then. Not too bad for having made it up :roftl:.

It's true though that it makes you tired and just feel like cr@p. By the time you are going in, you're already sick of it, and then you still have to wait another 2 or 3 hours until he comes on...Often making the wait just unbearable.

The only reason why we do it is that there is no other way to get up close, hence why I think that the system sucks.

I'm personally not sure for how much longer if at all I will carry on doing it, because I have become extremely tired of it. We're not talking about multithousand ppl venues here, like a stadium. We are talking 5K ppl venues! It's ridiculous.

You should have seen the faces of the Brixton and Hammersmith people when they started seeing fans turn up, they could not believe their eyes.

HAHAHAHA! Imagine :roftl:. Hilarious. (No clowns though, please). And then if he's a good boy he can get pics with us hehe.

Yeah, he'd last like...2 hours max XD

I remember that, poor Babzz :thumbdown:So horrible.

Problem is, that is the attitude 'out there', and you get it everywhere.

Re the seating: it doesn't matter, there's no need to sit (of course if someone like a wheelchair user needs to sit, they should have a seat with a good view no matter what the rest do).

But for the rest. if they don't sit, then it will still be the same situation as if you're standing at a normal gig. The only difference being that you have your 'space', no need to queue, and nobody can kick you out.

Beautiful.

Apparently, that seems to be my new name according to 'some'.

That's unreasonable, if it was a stadium I wold understand, but being an average venue it's nonsense!:boxed:

About the sitting, you're right, I've been to seated gigs and it works much better.. No one can get in your space, because you 'payed' for it! You can do whatever you want with it. Unfortunately there's always people who jump over to other person's seats, but that's very rare, and in a place where there's no limits whatsoever and everyone's very close to each other, it's just considered normal... Unfortunately.