Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread

Fmbm

I am definitely out of the cultural loop being a Swedish person but the Scandinavian thread is dead and I have no one to talk too!:crybaby:

“The attention seeking Chelsea tragedy” was a big mystery and of course I asked in here only to find out that it was the same riddle even for the London people!:sneaky2:

I had absolutely no idea who Jade Goody was but a little googling made the trick!:roftl:

But who is complaining, I think his tweets are fun, we know were he is and what he's doing, what more could you ask for?:wink2:

I am amazed at how so many fans have taken on this challenge. I try to work out what Mika is saying in French now, but honestly if he hadn't spoken English and come from American/English culture I probably never would have taken an interest in him in the first place. I don't think I could relate to him and would have never discovered what he was all about if I couldn't pick up on the nuances of his speech, etc.

I think a lot of English speakers are ethnocentric that way because we're just accustomed to all these famous people communicating in English.

Being Portuguese, in spite of Google and self knowledge, I sometimes find hard to acknowledge both Mika's and some MFCrs posts, but cool thing is when i don't get it, there's always someone kind enough to help or translate or explain...I

n my turn i sometimes translate English into French to French MFCrs who ask me...

People help eachother...

This is what i stand for when i say we are the best fanclub ever!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am amazed at how so many fans have taken on this challenge. I try to work out what Mika is saying in French now, but honestly if he hadn't spoken English and come from American/English culture I probably never would have taken an interest in him in the first place. I don't think I could relate to him and would have never discovered what he was all about if I couldn't pick up on the nuances of his speech, etc.

I think a lot of English speakers are ethnocentric that way because we're just accustomed to all these famous people communicating in English.

I think we, who comes from smaller countries, are quite simply used to trying to take on the English, just think about all the great artists through the years.

Films, music, the whole internet world is in English!

For a big book lover like me it’s almost requiring to be able to read in English, otherwise you would be shut out from a great deal of literature.:wink2:

In my country we get more and more influenced by the English every day, in the 15-1600 centuries it was German, 17-1800 centuries French and now it’s English.

I have to say I get a lot of help from all of you to better understand what Mika is saying and the nuances you are talking about.:wub2: At least I hope I get it!:wink2:

Being Portuguese, in spite of Google and self knowledge, I sometimes find hard to acknowledge both Mika's and some MFCrs posts, but cool thing is when i don't get it, there's always someone kind enough to help or translate or explain...I

n my turn i sometimes translate English into French to French MFCrs who ask me...

People help eachother...

Absolutely agree! Sometimes I don't know a celebrety, a show, a type of food, a spelling of a word or the meaning of it and people here are mostly kind and explain it to me!

Absolutely agree! Sometimes I don't know a celebrety, a show, a type of food, a spelling of a word or the meaning of it and people here are mostly kind and explain it to me!

:shocked: Congrats! :clap: This is your first serious post, Carlota! :roftl::roftl:

just joking eh :wink2::huglove:

:shocked Congrats! :clap: This is your first serious post, Carlota!

just joking eh :wink2::huglove:

Teaser:sneaky2::naughty:

When I'm serious there's always something that makes people never take me seriously so it's hopeless:roftl:

:huglove:

Well, today it got as two-way as it will ever get, with Mika sending Caz a direct message :roftl:.

That is my interpretation of it...But who knows. To me it doesn't make much sense that he sent a private message because he was ashamed of the spelling, because a minute later he tweeted again correcting it, and also it's not a bad mistake at all- If anything, it's a funny one :blink:, so he shouldn't feel ashamed about it...

Whatever the reason was, or the way he sent the message, I'm just really happy for Caz that he replied to her :wub2:.

:stretcher::wub2:

Mika was on the web so he had to purposely go to Caz's page and click a link to send her a direct message. It wasn't an accidental button I don't think.

YES I NOTICED THAT!!! You have to go to that person's ACTUAL home page and click "send message" or whatever it is. I was like "I wonder if he...you know...maybe BROWSED my page??" ???????

:roftl:

That's just what it looks like...

Great comment, great timing!:thumb_yello:

Lucky you Caz!:wink2:

Later Rose also corrected his "Recalaim", but then it was maybe to late and he was not online anymore...

He doesn't love me anymore,LOL!!!

I am definitely out of the cultural loop being a Swedish person but the Scandinavian thread is dead and I have no one to talk too!:crybaby:

“The attention seeking Chelsea tragedy” was a big mystery and of course I asked in here only to find out that it was the same riddle even for the London people!:sneaky2:

I had absolutely no idea who Jade Goody was but a little googling made the trick!

But who is complaining, I think his tweets are fun, we know were he is and what he's doing, what more could you ask for?:wink2:

Still a mystery, we must pin him down on that one.

Perez PM's some people on Twitter...

Nice one Caz :wink2:

I'm on Twitter AND MFC. I have seperate convos here and there and on myspace and MSN too so I don't say that Twitter is "the new black" at least not for me :blink:

YES, HE DOES!

Woo Hoo!!!

YES I NOTICED THAT!!! You have to go to that person's ACTUAL home page and click "send message" or whatever it is. I was like "I wonder if he...you know...maybe BROWSED my page??" ???????

:roftl:

you know ... this is not impossible :naughty:

maybe he already browsed a lot of MFCers pages :shocked:

The interesting thing is that I haven't opened an account yet :naughty:

I'm waiting for him to beg me :mf_rosetinted:

oh Laurita, you'll waiting for sooo long :roftl:

People help eachother...

Yes it's great that way and I rely on French speakers on MFC for a lot of translations. But if Mika was Spanish for instance I wouldn't be on MFC at all because I would never have been interested in him in the first place.

I think a lot of English speakers are just ethnocentric that way. I enjoy French music but I have no interest in French singers on a personal level.

maybe he already browsed a lot of MFCers pages :shocked:

Oh I'd bet money that he has. :fisch:

YES, HE DOES!

Woo Hoo!!!

Did you get one?

I didn't get one :tears:

maybe he already browsed a lot of MFCers pages :shocked

Oh I'd bet money that he has. :fisch:

:shocked: Oh god I sincerly hope not!

Poor man, he has nothing else to do:no::naughty:

I bet that mine wasn't part of the ones he viewed:mf_rosetinted:

I HOPE mine wasn't one he's read :roftl:

Congrats Caz! I was very happy when he had replied to me. It's exciting! :)

Now a question for anyone, what happens on Twitter when you #username?

Right now Dane Cook is doing it to his name for fun and I've searched the help options and getting started to find it but I can't.

Did you get one?

I didn't get one :tears:

:shocked: Oh god I sincerly hope not!

I HOPE mine wasn't one he's read :roftl:

I did!

And I nearly fell off the chair when I saw it!!!:shocked:

He was the LAST person I expected to get one from, as he has quarter of a million followers (it could be more even), so I was really chuffed when he tweeted me back!

Congrats Caz! I was very happy when he had replied to me. It's exciting! :)

Now a question for anyone, what happens on Twitter when you #username?

Right now Dane Cook is doing it to his name for fun and I've searched the help options and getting started to find it but I can't.

Amelia Gregory was doing it the other week, not sure why though.

Don't know what happens when you do it, maybe it's some secret code:naughty: