Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

I think he's flattered that people will do this for him. Not sure if that's the same as impressed.

And you're right there are many reasons. I had the cash, but wasn't prepared to spend a chunk of my savings on one Mika gig. I also would have had a potential problem getting the time off.

Yes, I have just talked myself around. I am not so much of a fan to spend that kind of money or put myself out to that extent.

In fact I am wondering right now if I am fan enough to do what I have committed myself to doing over the next few weeks.

To be honest, I don't know if impressed was the right word, i just used the first thing that popped into my mind and that was it. Flattered also fits the bill, and i don't even realise if their meanings are different.

Although i consider myself quiet fluent in english, sometimes i miss little nuances and use the wrong term. In any case,it doesn't matter to me. The reason why i went to LA (and moved heaven and earth to put it into practice) was because i wanted to, for myself,not to get a reaction from Mika.

Many fans have crossed oceans for him before and he is aware of it,so i'm not even claiming to having done something special.

It was just really nice that he specifically mentioned it, totally unexpected, and he seemed genuinely touched by it which is what touched me. I don't believe for a second that this would make me a better fan in his eyes, nor is it an ego boost. It's just nice to see that he's not removed from reality and that he appreciates these things. That's all.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's flattered that people will do this for him. Not sure if that's the same as impressed.

And you're right there are many reasons. I had the cash, but wasn't prepared to spend a chunk of my savings on one Mika gig. I also would have had a potential problem getting the time off.

Yes, I have just talked myself around. I am not so much of a fan to spend that kind of money or put myself out to that extent.

In fact I am wondering right now if I am fan enough to do what I have committed myself to doing over the next few weeks.

I'm actually thinking about giving up teaching. :mf_rosetinted:

To be honest, I don't know if impressed was the right word, i just used the first thing that popped into my mind and that was it. Flattered also fits the bill, and i don't even realise if their meanings are different.

Although i consider myself quiet fluent in english, sometimes i miss little nuances and use the wrong term. In any case,it doesn't matter to me. The reason why i went to LA (and moved heaven and earth to put it into practice) was because i wanted to, for myself,not to get a reaction from Mika.

Many fans have crossed oceans for him before and he is aware of it,so i'm not even claiming to having done something special.

It was just really nice that he specifically mentioned it, totally unexpected, and he seemed genuinely touched by it which is what touched me. I don't believe for a second that this would make me a better fan in his eyes, nor is it an ego boost. It's just nice to see that he's not removed from reality and that he appreciates these things. That's all.

But there's no doubt you are a much bigger fan than me.

I'm not feeling at all excited about the EP or even the album right now. Or the gigs. I can't be bothered to listen to the new songs or read half of the stuff posted about them or Mika.

Just thinking now about my motivation for going to these gigs.

But there's no doubt you are a much bigger fan than me.

I'm not feeling at all excited about the EP or even the album right now. Or the gigs. I can't be bothered to listen to the new songs or read half of the stuff posted about them or Mika.

Just thinking now about my motivation for going to these gigs.

Oh Babs.

:huglove:

I don't want to lose you. :(

Oh Babs.

I don't want to lose you. :(

Don't worry, we're going to brainwash her before she even attempts to leave :biggrin2:

and she will go "Mikaaaa :fangurl:" for the rest of her life. :mf_rosetinted:

The words impressed and flattered have two different translations in my language and I think he was both, because of the long distance and the short notice!

He, if someone, would be well aware of the time and effort it takes to move one self from London to LA!

Can’t wait to see that video…our Sara is famous!:wink2:

If someone has doubtfulness about what it takes to be a real/big/good/true fan:wub2: go read in the “You know you’re a Mika fan” tread what the teenagers accomplish in that area!:roftl:

a new vlog would be nice lol

even though the one before is still a bit recent :roftl:

There are 2 on the oven, Alice and some other MFCr saw them a few days ago but now they are private, but we know they're done, just waiting for mika to post them...:biggrin2:

Oh I was thinking the same thing on April 13th. You'll get past it. The gigs are going to be great and you'll enjoy the music.

Not sure either of us have Sara's stamina, but I think you'll care about the music when the time comes.

YT lifesigns 20 mins and 1 min ago....

Maybe he's preparing the vlog!!!!!

Or uploading more secret videos. :sneaky2:

Oh I was thinking the same thing on April 13th. You'll get past it. The gigs are going to be great and you'll enjoy the music.

Not sure either of us have Sara's stamina, but I think you'll care about the music when the time comes.

Or uploading more secret videos. :sneaky2:

If I had the money, I'd have been over there on the weekend before!

In a way it's just as well I didn't, as that was the week I got the nasty virus, so I'd have just been holed up in the hotel feeling sorry for myself! LOL!!!

I wish I were your baby godson Freddiesdouble, I can't wait till I get my first Mika fix either; I mean live, because what he does to me through video dvds, and cds is already a fix,so I wonder what state I would be in with a live fix! I would probably be flying into space like Mika in the "Happy ending" beautiful video!

You're such a poet :wub2: !

Cheers,

Id3

:Update:

The new vlog is up! Unless they took it down again :naughty:

EDIT: Maybe I had an invite to watch it 'cause I don't see it anymore. Thank god for RealPlayer :wub2:

No, it is now...

Mika was on YT for 15 mins, i was stalk...ahem....watching and he put it now...:biggrin2:

I can't watch it right now. I'm at school. :sneaky2::aah:

LA, secret gig, a bit of Ella, a bit of yasmin, ice cream, perez, the strip girl, mika singing, a lotta MFCrs around (lol), charlotte christy major face plan, too bad u can't see it dear laura...;(