Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As annoying as it is ... i think we all have to remember (despite our protectiveness) ... mika has a manager too ... and if they want him to do a job - and he wants to keep it , he has to go by some rules ... as annoying as it is , the reality is , this is the career he picked ...

Yes he can whine as much as he likes ! fans are there to listen ,but realistically cant change anything ... sadly :aah:

He's never compromised, musicwise, and he would start now ? Most unlikely.

Anybody want to bet with me ? I do need the dough !

Cheers,

Id3

Who do we complain to? Can we contact Mika's record company and tell them they are simply wrong and they should back off and trust Mika? :aah:

This is a trivial, petty complaint thought up by some jobsworth with a clipboard - if we all complain, the record company will support Mika and send clipboard boy back to photocopying and making the tea. :thumb_yello:

As annoying as it is ... i think we all have to remember (despite our protectiveness) ... mika has a manager too ... and if they want him to do a job - and he wants to keep it , he has to go by some rules ... as annoying as it is , the reality is , this is the career he picked ...

Yes he can whine as much as he likes ! fans are there to listen ,but realistically cant change anything ... sadly :aah:

I am not there to listen to a grown man whining about his nasty record company and manipulating me into patting his poor little head.

I have better things to pat :blush-anim-cl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Who do we complain to? Can we contact Mika's record company and tell them they are simply wrong and they should back off and trust Mika? :aah:

This is a trivial, petty complaint thought up by some jobsworth with a clipboard - if we all complain, the record company will support Mika and send clipboard boy back to photocopying and making the tea. :thumb_yello:

You must have made Sire's day !

Cheers,

Id3

He's never compromised, musicwise, and he would start now ? Most unlikely.

Anybody want to bet with me ? I do need the dough !

Cheers,

Id3

Mika might be a Sire to some people , but he is actually a real person ... yes when he got SIGNED he might have gone by his own rules ... whos to say the record company was going to compromise forever either ? ... perhaps they were breaking him in gently ... end of the day - yes mika is own person but he also has a job to do - and he has a boss ... i dont think its any good people getting angry at the record company ... they also have a job to do .... or has RL been forgotton ?

Oh yeah, true to a certain extend. I think it just depends on the context. I mean, personally I'm really happy if they censor a line like: ''I was f*ckin' my n*gga b*tches.''

I mean, ew..

Yeah!

Again, 'symbolically' is the operative word, love :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

I am not there to listen to a grown man whining about his nasty record company and manipulating me into patting his poor little head.

I have better things to pat :blush-anim-cl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

but thats mika's forte .... what else are you here for ? (to pat) :blink:

:naughty::wink2:

This is what I tweeted to Mika:

NonoFmbm @mikasounds Also, "Bohemian Rhapsody" has the word "dead" in it, and it's been crowned the best song of all-time for decades. :)

Take that, record company :shun:

Mika might be a Sire to some people , but he is actually a real person ... yes when he got SIGNED he might have gone by his own rules ... whos to say the record company was going to compromise forever either ? ... perhaps they were breaking him in gently ... end of the day - yes mika is own person but he also has a job to do - and he has a boss ... i dont think its any good people getting angry at the record company ... they also have a job to do .... or has RL been forgotton ?

I think the record company are entitled to a point of view, and I think Mika must compromise with them quite a lot, and we will probably never know how much

BUT

this criticism is simply WRONG :mad3:

If the record company execs really believe this nonsense, then I wonder how they lasted 50 years :shocked:

Where is the spirit that signed Bob Marley? They wouldn't dare suggest he changed his lyrics :mf_rosetinted:

I think the record company are entitled to a point of view, and I think Mika must compromise with them quite a lot, and we will probably never know how much

BUT

this criticism is simply WRONG :mad3:

If the record company execs really believe this nonsense, then I wonder how they lasted 50 years :shocked:

Where is the spirit that signed Bob Marley? They wouldn't dare suggest he changed his lyrics :mf_rosetinted:

Mika's record company aint Bob's :mf_rosetinted::rasta:

:naughty:

... end of the day - yes mika is own person but he also has a job to do - and he has a boss ... i dont think its any good people getting angry at the record company ... they also have a job to do .... or has RL been forgotton ?

Yeah I think it's funny that fans moan at him incessantly about everything from playing dates in certain countries to when he should put up his videos on YT...but if his own employer asks him to do something it's outrageous.

I trust Mika will tell them to bugger off but I'm sure he has regular battles with his record company. Some won and some lost. And the losses are probably why fans don't always get what they want and we should probably cut Mika a little slack about his intentions surrounding broken promises.

Isn'y it? am I a confused oldling?:blink:

Even if the record company is the same , the managers aint though ... thats what im saying ..

We all have work crisis , sheesh .... :naughty: Im sure mika will compromise some way or another ... i didnt like my opinions being ignored at work , but at the end of the day i had to go by my bosses rules ... isnt that life ?

Im sure if mika got that annoyed and couldnt compromise he would leave the record label ... rather than just whine :naughty:

This is what I tweeted to Mika:

NonoFmbm @mikasounds Also, "Bohemian Rhapsody" has the word "dead" in it, and it's been crowned the best song of all-time for decades. :)

Take that, record company :shun:

Go Nono :groupwave:

Even if the record company is the same , the managers aint though ... thats what im saying ..

We all have work crisis , sheesh .... :naughty: Im sure mika will compromise some way or another ... i didnt like my opinions being ignored at work , but at the end of the day i had to go by my bosses rules ... isnt that life ?

Im sure if mika got that annoyed and couldnt compromise he would leave the record label ... rather than just whine :naughty:

:sweatdrop: OK - I see your point :original:

You are right - I tell my boss he is wrong very often - sometimes I persuade him, other times he ignores me - I have to know how hard to push and when to let things drop - I don't always get it right :roftl:

Yeah I think it's funny that fans moan at him incessantly about everything from playing dates in certain countries to when he should put up his videos on YT...but if his own employer asks him to do something it's outrageous.

I trust Mika will tell them to bugger off but I'm sure he has regular battles with his record company. Some won and some lost. And the losses are probably why fans don't always get what they want and we should probably cut Mika a little slack about his intentions surrounding broken promises.

Thanks Christine ... i refer to my latest post too :)

IMO ... mika picked his career .. not like he's being driven to slavery ... and even when it comes to the amount of gigs he does ... people still go :naughty: .... He does have rules to follow ... im not going to treat him like royalty , hes as normal as the rest of us ... just with a more famous job ... :biggrin2: ... i listen to his whining ... thats it :naughty:

This whole thing is ridiculous!

On what basis are they saying this?

Did they do some "focus group" who they think are the people Mika should be attracting to buy the album? And did they say that they find it offensive?

Well then they are clearly asking the wrong people then, because they should know by now the type of people his music attracts and that's who they should be marketing it at.

If they think they are going to try to change him now, they'll have a fight on their hands, and I don't mean from just Mika!

don't be angry :). I'd guess this is quite normal. This is a huge company, with lot's and lot's of people who want to have their say. Or should I say mark the territory around their desk ...;). And in the end you sit there with really ridiculous suggestions just because someone wanted to single himself out with pointing out a 'very serious issue'! Very tedious but that's what happens with corporate dinosaurs. Just recently one of the big producers/entertainers said no to a big deal with one of the biggest media-groups in germany. Reason he named was: decision finding is way to complicated with you, not my thing to lose my time on this.

If the word 'dead' is the only issue they have with Mika they are happy people over there :naughty:

:sweatdrop: OK - I see your point :original:

You are right - I tell my boss he is wrong very often - sometimes I persuade him, other times he ignores me - I have to know how hard to push and when to let things drop - I don't always get it right :roftl:

:roftl: That was my only point , I really dont understand all the uproar , yes its a fanclub , but i also notice the things i HATE to have to do in RL compared to mika ... with regards to work ... so he has to change a few lyrics - i have to change assignments around even though its what i want to write ...but because it isn't what uni wants i have to change it .... AKA - (mika ! rules are there to follow ) its a part of life ! - ive never experienced going to dinner with GaGa yet coz my assignments aint as they are wanted ... but there you go ... some of us aint that lucky :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Edited by mikas_gal07

So what about...

The Grateful Dead...

Dead can dance..

MANIC STREET PREACHERS - Dead Martyrs...

BON JOVI LYRICS - Wanted Dead Or Alive

BILLY IDOL LYRICS - The Dead Next Door

PINK LYRICS - I'm Not Dead

The Cure - Sleep when I'm dead

LIMP BIZKIT - Creamer (Radio Is Dead)

RADIOHEAD - Pop Is Dead

And we could go on for a 1000 more...

Weren't these marketable???

For crying out loud..