Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

My suggestion -'more approchable'- was only an uneducated guess, not even based on the similarities of both French and Spanish in this case.

Could you please, please, please :huglove: , translate what Neiobi called 'the swear', even if it is very flattering and positive, like 'putain' in French, which means 'whore' but may be used in an admiring way (the equivalent of the English 'best f... very dark, tall, hairy and curly musician that's ever roamed this, our planet :naughty: ' ).

Cheers,

Id3

It really doesn't make much sense to be honest when you translate it literally. It really just means 'from a whore mother' but it is used as finding someone 'fantastic' or 'great' or something really really good.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you willywonka & neiobi! :wub2

You're welcome!

Who said that quickies are so-so ? You've done a quick AND brilliant job of translating the article :thumb_yello . Thanks a load :huglove !

Could it be 'closer' as in 'more approachable, much more friendly, than I thought you would' ?

I was just thinking of the Parisian journalist article, and what he said about Sire acting in a very simple way, not like an insufferable celebrity...

But then I don't know Spanish at all, just assuming. And being able to guess the meaning of a few words, Latin languages quite similar.

Cheers,

Id3

Thanks, and you're welcome.

I didn't thought of that, but it might be it!

I think you're spot on there, that's what I thought when I read it.

T4P Carla ;-)

T4translating Carlota ;-)

You're welcome!:wink2:

I may be behind the times, been busy IRL and not on MFC much...did anyone notice the twitter widget on MS?

twitwidget-1.jpg

It's always good to make comments about your record company on the fromt page of your website:roftl

:roftl:

You got it all, Carlota, that is what the article said. You translated it very well. The only bit you missed (the "swearing") was when he said "me has caido de puta madre" which means that he really liked Mika and got on with him.

And yes, closer he means as in approachable. That he found Mika more approachable than he would have imagined beforehand.

That's a weird expression! I find it funny:aah:

He's very approachable... That's what's also nice about him.

And Carla, I want a T-shirt like that too:mf_rosetinted: I think when I went to Barcelona I saw a store that the brand was just like that, "Puta Madre":naughty: I confess I liked some things on there!

You're welcome!

And Carla, I want a T-shirt like that too:mf_rosetinted: I think when I went to Barcelona I saw a store that the brand was just like that, "Puta Madre":naughty: I confess I liked some things on there!

Yep, i got mine in Zaragoza last summer and i found out they are made in Turkey, not Spain....

Yep, i got mine in Zaragoza last summer and i found out they are made in Turkey, not Spain....

That's curious:blink: Perhaps they do that just because it has more profit in Spain?...

Wanna join me and the kids and make a plasticine garden at the park???:naughty::mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

Need more help? Micha could use some chill time, he's in hyperdrive. :naughty:

Need more help? Micha could use some chill time, he's in hyperdrive. :naughty:

Let him come then...

Plasticine is good for my nerves!

While they smash it all over the floor i can take a rest...lasts about 1 hr..:biggrin2:

I may be behind the times, been busy IRL and not on MFC much...did anyone notice the twitter widget on MS?

twitwidget-1.jpg

It's always good to make comments about your record company on the fromt page of your website:roftl:

:lmao: hopefully they are too busy to see anything he does.

It really doesn't make much sense to be honest when you translate it literally. It really just means 'from a whore mother' but it is used as finding someone 'fantastic' or 'great' or something really really good.

oh i get it. in turkish if we really like someone we say "man,he's good! that sun of a bit*h!" or we use "bastard" to show our love as well:blink:

The subject is actually very interesting!:biggrin2: Now I understand a lot of things that happened to me in the past...

I saw the t-shirt with "De puta madre" on it years ago. And I guess I totally misunderstood the meaning. :blink:

The subject is actually very interesting!:biggrin2: Now I understand a lot of things that happened to me in the past...

I saw the t-shirt with "De puta madre" on it years ago. And I guess I totally misunderstood the meaning. :blink:

Yep I was a bit shocked, but now I get it!:roftl: