Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

My record company want me to change the lyrics to Blame It On The Girls. Apparantly the word 'dead' doesn't Market well. Agh!!! lol

6 minutes ago from Tweetie

Maybe they want writing credits too. Funny but horrible.

5 minutes ago from Tweetie

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

working on lyrics more can do him a lot of good...:wink2:

but changing just a word, thats' nonsense

Yep...

Besides, it's not commercial? There are many artists who write "lighter" lyrics but the message behind them is much heavier, if you know what I mean!

What's wrong with 'dead'. People die, it's not a secret o.o

"Blame it on your mother for the things she said

Blame it on your father but you know he has deceased"

Wow, that sounds great :mf_rosetinted:

This is just nonsense, the word fits into the song.

If he changes it, he may have to overhaul the song completely to make it sound right, and THAT could mess it up completely.

The record company knew the lyrics before he did the LA gig, THAT was the time to say they weren't happy with them.

The people who went to that show didn't have a problem with it, all of us who now know the lyrics, don't have a problem with it, it's part of the story he's telling in the song, JUST LEAVE IT BE!!!

What's wrong with 'dead'. People die, it's not a secret o.o

Blame it on your father but you know he has deceased"

Wow, that sounds great :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::thumb_yello:

dead is fine, at least it has no hidden meaning. Dead means dead, simple.

My record company want me to change the lyrics to Blame It On The Girls. Apparantly the word 'dead' doesn't Market well. Agh!!! lol

from Tweetie

from Tweetie

outrage1.gif

HORRIBLY UNFUNNY!

Edited by A. Clay

Blame it on your father but you know he has passed away"

It's a huuuuuge of a difference, FFS!

Can you believe this???

Bet Mika won't change it!

Blame it on your father but you know he has passed away"

It's a huuuuuge of a difference, FFS!

Can you believe this???

Bet Mika won't change it!

Me too I think that HE won't change that word. It's HIS song... and it's HIM who choose words for HIS songs....

I think that HE doesn't have to change HIS lyrics if HE doesen't want! :mf_rosetinted:

I am horrified!:shocked:

I can't believe it they would do such a thing. There are artists who talk about other kinds of things...lot more disturbing things and I bet they don't ask those artists to change them into something more decent (see all those rappers out there).

Where were they when he said "I sit down think about the day that you're gonna die" ? or the whole "Billy Brown"? Or "Lollipop"?

He's an artist he's supposed to do his job in his own style...even if that involves using the word "dead".

I tried to think of a word to fit...but I just CAN'T! The song is perfect the way it is!

I know Mika will do the right thing! Go ahead Meeks show them who's THE ARTIST!:thumb_yello:

A bientot,

Bianca

xx

blame it on therecordcompanypeople if it doesn't rhyme (orfitthemelody) :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:Exactly.

Why would you change the word ''dead''? I mean, c'mon! It's not like it's a bad word like ''f*ck'' or anything!:naughty:

It fits in the song, it rhymes and any other word would probably sound stupid.

So I don't get the fuss they're making of it.

There are far worse things that are in songs. Like that song I Don't Like Mondays, which was about a kid killing other kids in the school playground. But no one said Bob Geldorf should change the song!

What's wrong with saying "dead" anyway?

I don't know. :aah: Is it bad that I'm a little bit angry about the whole situation? :lol3:

No it's not bad of you! Every sane fan is angry! The words of that verse actually describe a boy who seems to have it all, but his mother isn't very loving and his father is dead. That's like a lot of people! I really don't see how he could change the song, and still keep it believeable. I think he should just ignore them or tell them to mind their own business. He's already sold millions of albums and was named Songwriter of the Year at last years Ivors. Those record people need to learn to trust Mika! He knows what he's doing better than they do!

This whole thing is ridiculous!

On what basis are they saying this?

Did they do some "focus group" who they think are the people Mika should be attracting to buy the album? And did they say that they find it offensive?

Well then they are clearly asking the wrong people then, because they should know by now the type of people his music attracts and that's who they should be marketing it at.

If they think they are going to try to change him now, they'll have a fight on their hands, and I don't mean from just Mika!

No it's not bad of you! Every sane fan is angry! The words of that verse actually describe a boy who seems to have it all, but his mother isn't very loving and his father is dead. That's like a lot of people! I really don't see how he could change the song, and still keep it believeable. I think he should just ignore them or tell them to mind their own business. He's already sold millions of albums and was named Songwriter of the Year at last years Ivors. Those record people need to learn to trust Mika! He knows what he's doing better than they do!

What you say is true! Maybe Mika needs to start his own record company. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:Exactly.

Why would you change the word ''dead''? I mean, c'mon! It's not like it's a bad word like ''f*ck'' or anything!:naughty:

It fits in the song, it rhymes and any other word would probably sound stupid.

So I don't get the fuss they're making of it.

even when it's the f* word this shouldn't happen!! u see Lily Allen n her songs?? juz wonder how the record company think of the "market".

maybe he juz wanted us to help press those ppl:naughty:

Let's not get our boxers/thong/lacy panties/knickers in a twist :shocked: ! I bet you Sire will get his own way :naughty: .

He was just in the mood for a little whining and probably wondered how many of us would react and be sorry for him :emot-sad: and sarcastic with the record company :devil: .

He must be delighted with the result :floor: .

Anyway symbolically killing your father in a song is bad form... but he needed the rhyme so we're going to forgive him, aren't we :wink2: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Let's not get our boxers/thong/lacy panties/knickers in a twist :shocked: ! I bet you Sire will get his own way :naughty: .

He was just in the mood for a little whining and probably wondered how many of us would react and be sorry for him :emot-sad: and sarcastic with the record company :devil: .

He must be delighted with the result :floor: .

Anyway symbolically killing your father in a song is bad form... but he needed the rhyme so we're going to forgive him, aren't we :wink2: ?

Cheers,

Id3

I don't think the lyric is about killing the father, just that the father is dead.

HUGE difference!:wink2:

As annoying as it is ... i think we all have to remember (despite our protectiveness) ... mika has a manager too ... and if they want him to do a job - and he wants to keep it , he has to go by some rules ... as annoying as it is , the reality is , this is the career he picked ...

Yes he can whine as much as he likes ! fans are there to listen ,but realistically cant change anything ... sadly :aah:

even when it's the f* word this shouldn't happen!! u see Lily Allen n her songs?? juz wonder how the record company think of the "market".

maybe he juz wanted us to help press those ppl:naughty:

Oh yeah, true to a certain extend. I think it just depends on the context. I mean, personally I'm really happy if they censor a line like: ''I was f*ckin' my n*gga b*tches.''

I mean, ew..

I don't think the lyric is about killing the father, just that the father is dead.

HUGE difference!:wink2:

Yeah!