Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

I'll (try) to translate it! Please, anyone let me know if something is wrong:aah: Love the pic btw...:wub2:

"A lebanese in Madrid"

"This weekend I've been listening to the new record of one of the artists that has surprised me the most in the past few years. I promiss you that he's been the "powerplay" of my car for a long time.

He personally is presenting to the press his second work because he says his success of the first one was such a surprise that he didn't have the time to do it. (?) I've been chatting with him about the pressure of recording an album when the first has sold 5 million copies. Of how he escaped for months to digest this, of how he composed his new songs and his neighbourhood's(??) when he was little. It's clear that as in castillian as in english, when you get to see your neighbourhood after all the years, it's tremendly small! he, he. The first that Mika launches in the 25th of May is an EP called "Songs For Sorrow". It's acoustic, basically with voice and piano like in the theme "Lady Jane" or in the tremendous song called "Lonely Alcoholic". It will be launched inside of a (?) book.

But in September, the second one will come. The first single isn't decided yet, it could be "We are Golden", or maybe "Blame it on the girls" (I'm remembering the titles from my memory.). They're great. What is clear is that the second single will be Rain. A dance theme with the style of "Relax, Take It Easy". When we ended the chat, I told him: "You're closer than I supposed you would" (I don't know how to translate the swearing:naughty:) What he is in height is what he is of nice(?) at least doing the promo, he, he. And smiling both of us posed for this photo."

Please correct it.. It's not very accurate:roftl:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh, wow, this sounds really interesting.

I'm actually liking 'we are golden' more and more as i hear more bits of the lyrics from press interveiws and piecing that together with the snippet we've heard.

Do you have a link?:blink:

Just found this when i was going away

Madrid, May 13th, some guy's blog...

http://www.tonyaguilar.es/wp/?s=mika&x=45&y=11

Rain is going to be the second single!

I have no time to translate it now, but maybe someone can...

I'll (try) to translate it! Please, anyone let me know if something is wrong:aah: Love the pic btw...:wub2:

"A lebanese in Madrid"

"This weekend I've been listening to the new record of one of the artists that has surprised me the most in the past few years. I promiss you that he's been the "powerplay" of my car for a long time.

He personally is presenting to the press his second work because he says his success of the first one was such a surprise that he didn't have the time to do it. (?) I've been chatting with him about the pressure of recording an album when the first has sold 5 million copies. Of how he escaped for months to digest this, of how he composed his new songs and his neighbourhood's(??) when he was little. It's clear that as in castillian as in english, when you get to see your neighbourhood after all the years, it's tremendly small! he, he. The first that Mika launches in the 25th of May is an EP called "Songs For Sorrow". It's acoustic, basically with voice and piano like in the theme "Lady Jane" or in the tremendous song called "Lonely Alcoholic". It will be launched inside of a (?) book.

But in September, the second one will come. The first single isn't decided yet, it could be "We are Golden", or maybe "Blame it on the girls" (I'm remembering the titles from my memory.). They're great. What is clear is that the second single will be Rain. A dance theme with the style of "Relax, Take It Easy". When we ended the chat, I told him: "You're closer than I supposed you would" (I don't know how to translate the swearing:naughty:) What he is in height is what he is of nice(?) at least doing the promo, he, he. And smiling both of us posed for this photo."

thanks girls!

nice pic! :wub2:

fotomika-245x300.jpg

Meaning? :blink:

How unprofessional of you, Federico, reacting to a post without looking up the thread pages to see what the MFCer is referring to :thumbdown: ! You disappoint me :emot-sad: ...

I shouldn't be doing this, but then people tend to be too soft with Santa, aren't they :wub2: ? So I will tell you : the brown nose I was mentioning is yours truly, criticising poor James Blunt just to make Sire happy.

Have to go now, my nose needs cleaning :roftl: ...

Cheers,

Id3

"A lebanese in Madrid"

Who said that quickies are so-so ? You've done a quick AND brilliant job of translating the article :thumb_yello: . Thanks a load :huglove: !

Could it be 'closer' as in 'more approachable, much more friendly, than I thought you would' ?

I was just thinking of the Parisian journalist article, and what he said about Sire acting in a very simple way, not like an insufferable celebrity...

But then I don't know Spanish at all, just assuming. And being able to guess the meaning of a few words, Latin languages quite similar.

Cheers,

Id3

Who said that quickies are so-so ? You've done a quick AND brilliant job of translating the article :thumb_yello: . Thanks a load :huglove: !

Could it be 'closer' as in 'more approachable, much more friendly, than I thought you would' ?

I was just thinking of the Parisian journalist article, and what he said about Sire acting in a very simple way, not like an insufferable celebrity...

But then I don't know Spanish at all, just assuming. And being able to guess the meaning of a few words, Latin languages quite similar.

Cheers,

Id3

I think you're spot on there, that's what I thought when I read it.

T4P Carla ;-)

T4translating Carlota ;-)

I may be behind the times, been busy IRL and not on MFC much...did anyone notice the twitter widget on MS?

twitwidget-1.jpg

It's always good to make comments about your record company on the fromt page of your website:roftl:

Edited by Blue Sky

I may be behind the times, been busy IRL and not on MFC much...did anyone notice the twitter widget on MS?

twitwidget-1.jpg

It's always good to make comments about your record company on the fromt page of your website:roftl:

:floor: :floor:

twitwidget-1.jpg

yes, I did notice it, but didn't think about his comments about the record company .....hahaha :roftl::roftl::roftl:

twitwidget-1.jpg

Don't get me going on this again!

Perez tweeted back "Bullocks" to him, with which I heartily agreed.

twitwidget-1.jpg

Yeah. :naughty: But not like you to miss a trick, BS! :blink:

"A lebanese in Madrid"

You got it all, Carlota, that is what the article said. You translated it very well. The only bit you missed (the "swearing") was when he said "me has caido de puta madre" which means that he really liked Mika and got on with him.

And yes, closer he means as in approachable. That he found Mika more approachable than he would have imagined beforehand.

You got it all, Carlota, that is what the article said. You translated it very well. The only bit you missed (the "swearing") was when he said "me has caido de puta madre" which means that he really liked Mika and got on with him.

And yes, closer he means as in approachable. That he found Mika more approachable than he would have imagined beforehand.

A mi tanbien me hay caido de puta madre...:naughty: Just lurv the expression, I even have the T-shirt....:biggrin2:

Carlota had to save the situation last night and translate it while all you spanish and spanish speakers where out for booze...:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

My suggestion -'more approchable'- was only an uneducated guess, not even based on the similarities of both French and Spanish in this case.

Could you please, please, please :huglove: , translate what Neiobi called 'the swear', even if it is very flattering and positive, like 'putain' in French, which means 'whore' but may be used in an admiring way (the equivalent of the English 'best f... very dark, tall, hairy and curly musician that's ever roamed this, our planet :naughty: ' ).

Cheers,

Id3

A mi tanbien me hay caido de puta madre...:naughty: Just lurv the expression, I even have the T-shirt....:biggrin2:

Carlota had to save the situation last night and translate it while all you spanish and spanish speakers where out for booze...:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

I was sleeping :roftl: Old age and that! :roftl:. But she did a great job, it would have been impossible to translate that (with its mad literal meaning) unless she actually knew the expression.

And do you really have a Tshirt? HAHAHAHA. I guess that it's quite a colourful expression if you don't have it in your language. I just see it as normal, but of course it's far from normal :naughty:

I was sleeping :roftl: Old age and that! :roftl:. But she did a great job, it would have been impossible to translate that (with its mad literal meaning) unless she actually knew the expression.

And do you really have a Tshirt? HAHAHAHA. I guess that it's quite a colourful expression if you don't have it in your language. I just see it as normal, but of course it's far from normal :naughty:

She did, I was going to bed and she decided to do it yourself...

And this is the T-shirt i have but mine is white...

And there''s a lot worst sayings on others...:mf_rosetinted:

DPM+De+Puta+Madre+Deputamadre+T+shirts+Textile+Stocks_0_detail.jpg