Did he actually reply to your email?

yes he did , but i've send some others after that , but no reply on them , honestly i find that very sad. it would have been more fair if he replied on what i had had to say . he's the one who started this thread

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Does that mean I'm a bully? Wouldn't be the first time someone says that :naughty:

No, seriously, I had to say what I thought, I ain't trying to make it worse, I ain't trying to lecture anyone. As I said I understand where P4u came from, but I just didn't like her ways. Now, it's all behind us I guess. Next time sthg like this happens, I'd suggest more cooperation between the 2 forums and an email to us BEFORE involving any third parties.

Think the definition of bully in here is "someone who doesn't agree with everything everyone has ever said" :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah guess it's all behind us, but as the paranoid creature I am, this has made me aware of what actually happens behind the scenes. **** knows how many whiny personal emails Mika gets everytime someone disagrees with something...I find that quite disturbing really, but I guess I'm just extremely naive that I didn't realize it before :doh:

i think MFC is one of the most friendly and welcoming forums. ppl accept you no matter where you're from, how many times you've see him,what you like/dislike about him.

I'll agree with that... I've been on forums where they are even more clique-y than here... this place has nothing on Twilight Australia... but that's not the point, is it? :naughty:

Lol. Does that mean I'm a bully? Wouldn't be the first time someone says that :naughty:

No, seriously, I had to say what I thought, I ain't trying to make it worse, I ain't trying to lecture anyone. As I said I understand where P4u came from, but I just didn't like her ways. Now, it's all behind us I guess. Next time sthg like this happens, I'd suggest more cooperation between the 2 forums and an email to us BEFORE involving any third parties.

i totally agree with you at this point. i hope we can do that

I wish some of you would stop talking about jealousy like it's completely abnormal.

It's a common human trait, maybe not very attractive, but very common.

I admit (and not for the first time in this case) I was jealous. I wanted to go, or I wanted it to be here in London. I am over it now.

But what's wrong with that? And what's wrong with admitting it?

At least I am honest, love me or hate me.

yes he did , but i've send some others after that , but no reply on them , honestly i find that very sad. it would have been more fair if he replied on what i had had to say . he's the one who started this thread

Ooooh, righto... I was thinking if he hadn't replied at all then he really was a bitch.

Hi everybody

Im from the mikasounds forum which does still exist but has very few members. We are all mika fans and love him very much. I respect the fact that there is another forum and so many members. Its good for mika and good that we can all come here and be a part of it also.

I havent posted here much bit I was delighted to find a thread for Ireland and talked to people there who were very nice to me and welcomed me.

Can I just try and explain how I feel :

I joined mikasounds by finding the link on the album Life in cartoon motion. At the time I hadnt heard of Mfc as i had only just heard of Mika. I liked the forum and it has brought me a lot of happiness. Ive met some of the members and have made many friendships.

I guess we sometimes feel that because we are such a small group we feel that we have been lost and forgotton. Seeing as Mika is so kind to his fans we all really do get spoiled by him with regular blogs and all sorts! we all as fans wish that we could also hear things too and recieve notifications now and then.

Can you understand Im not being bitchy or jealous Im just trying to explain how as a fan I feel. Of course it would be nice to have a more active forum and have competitions and notifications.

Now I just want to explin one more thing. Patricia is my best friend. I met her through Mikasounds forum. she really is a very nice person and very kind. because of her many people have got to see mika. She has offered her home to many mika fans to stay with her whenever there is a gig in holland. I know that she didnt mean for her email to appear any way insulting.

Its cool that fans here get news feels like a special treat! I have nothing against that it makes us proud to be mika fans!

Hope you understand what Im trying to say!

Love,

Lynn xx

thank you lynn

I wish some of you would stop talking about jealousy like it's completely abnormal.

I admit (and not for the first time in this case) I was jealous. I wanted to go, or I wanted it to be here in London. I am over it now.

I think most of us who can't go are over it know... but at least we all know what you're thinking!

And yes, some people on here are butt-hurt that they can't go (And I'm sure I'd be the same of I didn't live here), but they're excited for those of us in the LA region who can go and we really find it very kind of you to give us the heads up, so thanks again. :wub2:

exactly :D it sucks like a vacuum cleaner that I can't go but wayhey for those who can! that's great

we'll all get an opportunity to see mika some day whether that be a gig or something else whatever there's no need for being a petty child about it!

i totally agree with you at this point. i hope we can do that

I'm sure we can do that :)

jealousy is uber natural, and healthy to some extent. But imo there are 2 sorts of jealousy

1) you are jealous and blame yourself or fate for not being at the right place at the right time, but still feel happy for the lucky ones.

2) you are jealous and blame the whole world for not being lucky and you start being nasty with everyone, in particular those who were luckier than you.

As long as you remain in the 1st category, I guess it's pretty healthy :naughty:

Ooooh, righto... I was thinking if he hadn't replied at all then he really was a bitch.

Look I think Perez was pretty upset last night, and he probably didn't realize he was posting the full email. It can happen when you're a bit irritated. He's also a busy man and must get more emails a day than I'll get in a lifetime, so I think we can't blame him for not answering if he did it once, he probably's said all he had to say at this stage. If not, give him some credit, he'll be back :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

Love you of course Babs. :huglove:

I understand the jealousy and I can only speak for myself here: But I guess, for me personally, that hearing from people who have had many opportunities to go to gigs get jealous over not getting to go to one is very eyeroll-worthy to me now. Sorry, but I do get tired of hearing that the same ol same ol are going to yet another gig. And there's my jealousy out in the open.

Love me or hate me now. *hides*

Think the definition of bully in here is "someone who doesn't agree with everything everyone has ever said" :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah guess it's all behind us, but as the paranoid creature I am, this has made me aware of what actually happens behind the scenes. **** knows how many whiny personal emails Mika gets everytime someone disagrees with something...I find that quite disturbing really, but I guess I'm just extremely naive that I didn't realize it before :doh:

At least some of us are upfront about our whining! :thumb_yello:

like i already admitted and realized i've done this the wrong way thats true. i shouldn't have pulled perez in this

Now I'm disagreeing with you Patricia- you thought he posted too exclusively?- who else would you contact? He's not a third party, he's the originating party. How often have I read "if you don't like what I said, why didn't you take it up privately?" You did, that's all.

Part of the problem seems to be that people can't trust Mikasounds (the blog/ website) for news. If Patricia had known there would only have been a four hour gap, and that there would be a prompt email out, (which there hasn't been- to me anyway) would she have complained to Perez? I like MFC, but not everyone likes chatting online, and it doesn't really function as a news update service for people who don't like reading pages of discussion/ random chat. That, I would say, is Mikasounds' function.

Look I think Perez was pretty upset last night, and he probably didn't realize he was posting the full email. It can happen when you're a bit irritated. He's also a busy man and must get more emails a day than I'll get in a lifetime, so I think we can't blame him for not answering if he did it once, he probably's said all he had to say at this stage. If not, give him some credit, he'll be back :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

You're preaching to the converted here... I know what irritation and annoyance can do, I've pissed off my fair share of people on here! :naughty:

To be honest, I was surprised he even posted on the forum! I don't think I've seen him post, let alone be on at the same time I was.. and I wasn't blaming him, I didn't know if he had replied, and my opinion was that if he hadn't, then that's kinda causing trouble...

Okay, I'll stop pretending to be a mod now :naughty:... *slaps hand*

I understand the jealousy and I can only speak for myself here: But I guess, for me personally, that hearing from people who have had many opportunities to go to gigs get jealous over not getting to go to one is very eyeroll-worthy to me now. Sorry, but I do get tired of hearing that the same ol same ol are going to yet another gig. And there's my jealousy out in the open.

*raises hand nervously*

*agrees*

I'm sure we can do that :)

jealousy is uber natural, and healthy to some extent. But imo there are 2 sorts of jealousy

1) you are jealous and blame yourself or fate for not being at the right place at the right time, but still feel happy for the lucky ones.

2) you are jealous and blame the whole world for not being lucky and you start being nasty with everyone, in particular those who were luckier than you.

As long as you remain in the 1st category, I guess it's pretty healthy :naughty:

Well I think for the first day I was wavering between the two, to be honest. But I will be the first to say I am not a saint.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I understand... you'll find that a quite a few of us know what it's like ot feel left out, but we're trying to do something about it...

And I didn't mean that in a mean way either... just that I understand. I don't necessarily agree with how it was done, but I understand.

Aw love you too, but you know that. Feel free to put me in my place any time, as well. I know I have been lucky.

Ohh another common human trait! Greed! I am greedy as well! :naughty: