Also (more blabbing) the fact is that Mikasounds forum isnt a random social club. Mika himself created it so I think he just has to inform his fans there what will be happening with it. Will it still exist????????? Who bloody knows!

He certainly should say and I can't think of even a half way decent reason why he hasn't. Whoever owns the site! In fact, if it's the record company they've got plenty of people (not wrapped up in making an album) who could pass on info.

Though I must admit I don't see how he can have two official forums, and a merger would swamp MSforum, which seems like a pity.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I just dont know anymore Im just sick of the whole lot. Im not jealous of anyone here on mfc. Im just glad to be a mika fan and to know him and have met him and have his music. I dont really understand why people cant just be happy!

I have a lot going on in my life these days as most people do but I always can say that being part of a mika forum makes me happy. With things like this going on I dont know if I can say that anymore. Its so unfair and sad that this goes on.

:annoyed_h4h::badmood:

I second that, this shouldn't occur among Mika fans:thumb_yello:

I doubt he created it. I'm not saying this situation is exactly the same,but Katy Perry's official site also had a forum and she herself never read it or did anything to keep it alive and prefered the unofficial forum. I'm NOT saying it's the same with Mika.

Another thing why I think MFC hears those things sooner is because the MFC is huge and MS rather small. The advantage of a huge fanclub is that more fans can be reached, even though they barely post or anything, while there is only a selective club on MS forum. I'm not saying being a small forum is a bad thing, but the situation is kind of understandable then don't you agree?:wink2:

Yes I have to agree with you that more fans can be reached so it would make sense for mika to post here. I guess its the whole not knowing thing about the forum thats so annoying.

This is all crazy really but it seems to be such an on going matter I wish it would all stop

Does the Mikasounds forum still exist? , last time I looked it had no more than 2 people logged in

So ... To me this is a Team Mika issue , as I said yesterday like it or not THIS is Mikas official forum ..BUT ... its never been stated , it needs to be .. and Im sure when all the new website comes it will be seen as that :thumb_yello:

I wont even go into how much Ive been battered around with this whole official thing but end of the day THANKS for this Perez :thumb_yello:

btw .. we need to be one forum , one team ... we will kill the golden goose if we are not careful ...

What a strange choice of words :confused: ! What does it mean ?:confused: ? Unless it's code for 'hairy donkey' and we most certainly don't want to kill him, bless his manipulative soul :naughty: ...

Cheers,

Id3

ok now it's my turn to reply.

at first i was the one who wrote that email.

as some know i'm member of both.

second i want to say i was trying to explain perez something about how alot of people feel on that forum. i wasn't personally attacking anyone!

then i think it's rude to post a personal email on a forum i even said i wanted to explain if he doesn't know what is going on. he could have just asked me because it wasn't meant the way everybody is reading it now.

i said that our forum is pushed aside and thats how it is. and i understand that happens by a big website like this , but thats not the point.

and it's not about jealousy it's just that it would be nice if the fans who choose to stick with the old forum would hear about important news to , personally from the one who is making this happen !

the only thing i was trying to do is stand up for our forum

so come on and attack me with more personal emails

I understand, but he didn't know of the existance of the other forum, and he can't be posting in two... I think we're already lucky enough to get Perez to come here, and I think it's not good to complain to Perez who has absolutely no fault.

And it must be bad to want to stay in the other forum and not having any news there, but sometimes you have to change... It's a bit unfair, but that's what I think most members of mikasounds will have to do in the end. There are really loads of forums, from different nationalities to just international ones like these, but I think there has to be a main one.

Edited by Neiobi

Yes I have to agree with you that more fans can be reached so it would make sense for mika to post here. I guess its the whole not knowing thing about the forum thats so annoying.

This is all crazy really but it seems to be such an on going matter I wish it would all stop

Yes, I understand the fact that you're all concerned about our forum, but perhaps it's an idea to email the record company about it or anyone involved and get them to appoint some mods so the forum can be maintained and taken care off again:thumb_yello:

First of all I'd like to say I admire Perez's honesty. I appreciate the fact he came on here first to tell us about it. We MFCers may have strange reactions but usually it's all in good fun.

Now I want to get to the point as I am rather shocked by the fact that this all occured. It shouldn't have. I understand the MS forum feels a bit pushed aside by the MFC, but there is no need to blackmail the MFC just because of this. No we're not the only fans of Mika and there are less vocal fans as well. But the MS forum doesn't have silent fans. So I think you're talking about the wrong group here as you post your love for Mika as much as we do. BUT this is not about us being the only fans, this is about the fact that we've heard it first as I am sure most of the MS forum members wouldn't be able to go themselves anyway. It's pure jealousy and I'm actually kind of hurt. We're being pointed at as the big bad wolf that's swallowing the little animals which is completely unfair. I'm not saying the MS forum is a bad place, but there is a reason why MFC is bigger. We're more updated etc. etc. I joined the MS forum 2 years ago and it was as dead as a stone and I joined the MFC and I never went away. The people here are lovely, we're one close community, we're always updated and supportive of Mika no matter what. Yes we can be critical and yes we're not always: OH MIKA WE LUVVLES UUUU when we disagree with him on something. But I only think that's healthy. We support him no matter what, all the members here and I can't express how it disgusts me that this happened. And you could say we have no right to speak because we're the lucky ones in this case, but seriously this jealousy must STOP.

We don't think we are everything and if one or two people have said some things that are not favourable maybe, it doesn't mean we're all like that. I'm directing this at Patricia now. WHEN did you EVER feel that we from the MFC felt better than you? Everytime we met at gigs it was going perfectly well and not ONE of us felt we had more right to meet Mika than any of you. The finger was sometimes pointed at us accussingly, but it was NEVER the case. We always got along well, when you posted here on this forum we accepted you as we accept EVERYONE. This backstabbing disappoints me deeply.

We're all Mika fans. Just the fact that Perez posted this on here first should not be the reason for a huge war against the forums. It's not worth it. The whole "We're official!" "No, WE'RE official!" thing has gone too far. I just don't understand. When Mika will post new tourdates and release dates everyone will find out the same time. What's the big deal? He doesn't love us more than he loves all his other fans. We get that. But as Mika would sing: Point the finger and place the blame, it's not necessary. We shouldn't find and just enjoy the music and our favourite artist: Mika.

So well said that I couldn't agree more. I hate the whole MFC vs. MS thing. I come here if I want infos and go there if I want to talk to close friends.

Though I'm not always fond of Perez, I appreciate he told us about the secret gig, giving the chance to those who can actually get to LA by then.

Im glad you all understand where Im coming from about the Mikasounds forum. Believe me its a relief! I have contacted alexandra many times about the forum but she says mika wants to keep it secret but has always told me we will be happy and not disappointed. So I guess we just have to wait!

we should be able to have both forums and all be friends and discuss Mika and have fun. Im sure its possible!

I think i will post here more often now. A lot of people dont go to either forums I think because of all the rivalry but hey we can prove that it doesnt have to be that way:thumb_yello:

I think i will post here more often now. A lot of people dont go to either forums I think because of all the rivalry but hey we can prove that it doesnt have to be that way:thumb_yello:

I don't go to the other forum because I've been trying to open an account there for over 2 years and still can't.

First of all I'd like to say I admire Perez's honesty. I appreciate the fact he came on here first to tell us about it. We MFCers may have strange reactions but usually it's all in good fun.

Now I want to get to the point as I am rather shocked by the fact that this all occured. It shouldn't have. I understand the MS forum feels a bit pushed aside by the MFC, but there is no need to blackmail the MFC just because of this. No we're not the only fans of Mika and there are less vocal fans as well. But the MS forum doesn't have silent fans. So I think you're talking about the wrong group here as you post your love for Mika as much as we do. BUT this is not about us being the only fans, this is about the fact that we've heard it first as I am sure most of the MS forum members wouldn't be able to go themselves anyway. It's pure jealousy and I'm actually kind of hurt. We're being pointed at as the big bad wolf that's swallowing the little animals which is completely unfair. I'm not saying the MS forum is a bad place, but there is a reason why MFC is bigger. We're more updated etc. etc. I joined the MS forum 2 years ago and it was as dead as a stone and I joined the MFC and I never went away. The people here are lovely, we're one close community, we're always updated and supportive of Mika no matter what. Yes we can be critical and yes we're not always: OH MIKA WE LUVVLES UUUU when we disagree with him on something. But I only think that's healthy. We support him no matter what, all the members here and I can't express how it disgusts me that this happened. And you could say we have no right to speak because we're the lucky ones in this case, but seriously this jealousy must STOP.

We don't think we are everything and if one or two people have said some things that are not favourable maybe, it doesn't mean we're all like that. I'm directing this at Patricia now. WHEN did you EVER feel that we from the MFC felt better than you? Everytime we met at gigs it was going perfectly well and not ONE of us felt we had more right to meet Mika than any of you. The finger was sometimes pointed at us accussingly, but it was NEVER the case. We always got along well, when you posted here on this forum we accepted you as we accept EVERYONE. This backstabbing disappoints me deeply.

We're all Mika fans. Just the fact that Perez posted this on here first should not be the reason for a huge war against the forums. It's not worth it. The whole "We're official!" "No, WE'RE official!" thing has gone too far. I just don't understand. When Mika will post new tourdates and release dates everyone will find out the same time. What's the big deal? He doesn't love us more than he loves all his other fans. We get that. But as Mika would sing: Point the finger and place the blame, it's not necessary. We shouldn't find and just enjoy the music and our favourite artist: Mika.

I agree with you on every point... Couldn't add anything else or put it as well as you!

I don't go to the other forum because I've been trying to open an account there for over 2 years and still can't.

Yes its all very frustrating! It needs sorting.

Ive only been to one gig in my whole life and that was Mika last year in westerpark. The coolest thing was how all the fans met each other and chatted and there was such a good atmosphere. Its crazy that we cant have that on forums also.

I hope you dont think Im whining but on my last birthday 28 Dec i found out something really terrible which has completley ruined my life and my familys life. Believe me things like this are so petty and such a waste of time.

So any of you planning to come to Ireland to see MIKA :)

Ive only been to one gig in my whole life and that was Mika last year in westerpark. The coolest thing was how all the fans met each other and chatted and there was such a good atmosphere. Its crazy that we cant have that on forums also.

I hope you dont think Im whining but on my last birthday 28 Dec i found out something really terrible which has completley ruined my life and my familys life. Believe me things like this are so petty and such a waste of time.

I might have met you at Westerpark then:roftl:

And yeah I'm already booked for Ireland:naughty:

Whining *is* allowed. Some of us are masters at it. :ap_rosetinted:

You're right there are more important things going on in life than message board drama. I don't let these things bother me on a personal level although as a mod it can be a bit of a headache at times. :naughty:

I had tentative plans to come to Ireland but I'm off to LA unexpectedly so maybe next time.:wink2:

You're right there are more important things going on in life than message board drama. I don't let these things bother me on a personal level although as a mod it can be a bit of a headache at times. :naughty:

I had tentative plans to come to Ireland but I'm off to LA unexpectedly so maybe next time.:wink2:

I am jealous and you'll just have to love me regardless.

Ok you may not have seen the original thread, but Fred and the mods keep reiterating that we are the official fan club forum. No one seems to want to take their word for it and I don't understand why not.

Because it's hard to understand "official" when it doesn't mean "acknowledged". There's no signposting from Mika's website or Myspace. And so far as I'm aware, gigs are only official when they're on Myspace, not on here.

Besides we're 99.9% forum (The 0.1% fanclub being the comp prizes) There's no newsletter or newspage, it's really hard to pick out news from the chat. And surely keeping news updated (for non-chatterers) is one of the main functions of a fanclub site? Getting exclusive posts from the star is another fanclub norm. We don't, with any regularity- that's Mikasounds.

This isn't a complaint about MFC as a site or a suggestion that the mods work even harder and produce a newsletter!* But I'm not surprised non-MFCers are confused. I still am!

*Actually, I wouldn't mind doing a weekly roundup, with links, if mods thought people would like it. For the busy/casual user rather than the dedicated

Heeehee i wish I knew the dates its killing me I really want to know if I can go or not! Yeah Westerpark was wonderful brilliant atmosphere. Umm i wonder if we met?

I was with my stupid ex who totally embarrassed me. He followed mika around everywhere with a camera in his face:thumbdown: Thats why I cant wait to see him in Ireland I dont have to be with an idiot like that! And it is that idiot who has ruined our lives.

Because it's hard to understand "official" when it doesn't mean "acknowledged". There's no signposting from Mika's website or Myspace. And so far as I'm aware, gigs are only official when they're on Myspace, not on here.

Besides we're 99.9% forum (The 0.1% fanclub being the comp prizes) There's no newsletter or newspage, it's really hard to pick out news from the chat. And surely keeping news updated (for non-chatterers) is one of the main functions of a fanclub site? Getting exclusive posts from the star is another fanclub norm. We don't, with any regularity- that's Mikasounds.

This isn't a complaint about MFC as a site or a suggestion that the mods work even harder and produce a newsletter!* But I'm not surprised non-MFCers are confused. I still am!

*Actually, I wouldn't mind doing a weekly roundup, with links, if mods thought people would like it. For the busy/casual user rather than the dedicated

I believe it's because all of the details aren't yet ironed out. But the mods did have confirmation that it was so. I expect with the new album and gigs and so on , they will be working hard to get everything running as it should be, for example we were also promised a new website, perhaps the two are linked so we won't see any differences till that is launched?

I have every faith.

Heeehee i wish I knew the dates its killing me I really want to know if I can go or not! Yeah Westerpark was wonderful brilliant atmosphere. Umm i wonder if we met?

I was with my stupid ex who totally embarrassed me. He followed mika around everywhere with a camera in his face:thumbdown: Thats why I cant wait to see him in Ireland I dont have to be with an idiot like that! And it is that idiot who has ruined our lives.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you are slowly getting back to normal. Life can be a bitch sometimes.

Thanxs Bab yeah it was definitley the worst ever. We were supposed to get married this year. On the night of my birthday I found out a major secret that had been kept from me for some time. He will go to prison I hope. I just have to have patience and hope for the best.

I was the Lollipopwhore with the award:roftl:

Yeah I'm sure Ireland will be cool and he's coming to Holland:punk:

hahahhahaha oh yes i think we met! I was the old woman who looked liked a drowned rat!! Yes if all was well for me I would go back to holland to see him also but I dont think it will be possible this year. Im taking my 2 daughters to see him in Ireland hopefully. They love him!

hahahhahaha oh yes i think we met! I was the old woman who looked liked a drowned rat!! Yes if all was well for me I would go back to holland to see him also but I dont think it will be possible this year. Im taking my 2 daughters to see him in Ireland hopefully. They love him!

Haha, well basically we all looked pretty drowned:roftl:

Perhaps we'll meet there again then:thumb_yello: