REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

This song has landed up a little in the dark but it really deserves to be mentioned again:

Stuck In The Middle: http://www.mediafire.com/?nyxjhnxl3jz

I have listened to this over and over and again and I absolutely love it!

This has always been my favourite and in this version it is irresistible.:wub2:

You can hear him joke around and play out so much of his “show off” talent, without missing a note…:naughty:

The part in the beginning when he starts playing on the key board and is literally shaking life in to the song is beautiful, funny and hilarious!

Makes my heart jump!:mf_lustslow:

Oh how much I love these recordings directly from stage!:wub2:

This song has landed up a little in the dark but it really deserves to be mentioned again:

Stuck In The Middle: http://www.mediafire.com/?nyxjhnxl3jz

I have listened to this over and over and again and I absolutely love it!

This has always been my favourite and in this version it is irresistible.:wub2:

You can hear him joke around and play out so much of his “show off” talent, without missing a note…:naughty:

The part in the beginning when he starts playing on the key board and is literally shaking life in to the song is beautiful, funny and hilarious!

Makes my heart jump!:mf_lustslow:

Oh how much I love these recordings directly from stage!:wub2:

I really liked that version of SITM

I never liked SITM until the latter part of the Dodgy Holiday tour when he started stepping it up with the scatting, etc. It was great to see him put just as much energy into a little show as he did at, say, Brixton. I loved when he was swaying back and forth on the keyboards because his hair has gotten so long. :naughty:

I never liked SITM until the latter part of the Dodgy Holiday tour when he started stepping it up with the scatting, etc. It was great to see him put just as much energy into a little show as he did at, say, Brixton. I loved when he was swaying back and forth on the keyboards because his hair has gotten so long. :naughty:

Come on woman, stop posting random stuff and go work on your gig report :naughty:

But yes, I also loved the fact that he put all his heart and soul on such a small show. Even moreso than I've seen from him at some of the larger shows, so kudos to him.

I don't think that anyone can deny how "connected" he felt with the audience, and how this connection enriched his performance and really brought it up to an amazing new level. He was constantly feeding off the audience and you could see how it made him go into more and more of an enthusiastic frenzy, until it climaxed a few times when the songs ended. It was unbelievably electric, and so much more enjoyable than when he just goes with the motions in a huge arena, where all his worry is if he will make yet another lap to the other side of the stage during this song.

Seriously people, this was so much better largely because of the tiny stage and how the audience were so close to him, and it allowed the whole show to be an incredible 2-way communication channel.

This was the most relaxed and happy I have ever seen Mika on a stage. Ever. And I've been to many of his gigs first hand, and seen all the others on videos, so I feel qualified to speak :naughty:.

Come on woman, stop posting random stuff and go work on your gig report :naughty:

But yes, I also loved the fact that he put all his heart and soul on such a small show. Even moreso than I've seen from him at some of the larger shows, so kudos to him.

I don't think that anyone can deny how "connected" he felt with the audience, and how this connection enriched his performance and really brought it up to an amazing new level. He was constantly feeding off the audience and you could see how it made him go into more and more of an enthusiastic frenzy, until it climaxed a few times when the songs ended. It was unbelievably electric, and so much more enjoyable than when he just goes with the motions in a huge arena, where all his worry is if he will make yet another lap to the other side of the stage during this song.

Seriously people, this was so much better largely because of the tiny stage and how the audience were so close to him, and it allowed the whole show to be an incredible 2-way communication channel.

This was the most relaxed and happy I have ever seen Mika on a stage. Ever. And I've been to many of his gigs first hand, and seen all the others on videos, so I feel qualified to speak :naughty:.

Quoting Mana on this again because I love how she phrased it so perfectly... the whole experience was "like Ex-Lax for the soul". :roftl:

Quoting Mana on this again because I love how she phrased it so perfectly... the whole experience was "like Ex-Lax for the soul". :roftl:

Excuse me! :sneaky2: My name is Sara.

S - A - R - A

We share a hotel room and then I get this? :blink::sneaky2: Pfft, shocking

:naughty::roftl:

Excuse me! :sneaky2: My name is Sara.

S - A - R - A

We share a hotel room and then I get this? :blink::sneaky2: Pfft, shocking

:naughty::roftl:

Mana said it! I'm sure of it! Did you really say it??? OMG, I was soooooo out of it. Holy swine. (Oooh, I like that. Ok, Holy swine, © Zoots14. I'm going to put that on some t-shirts and make some moulah. :naughty:)

I stand corrected... the aforementioned brilliant quote regarding Ex-Lax is rightfully attributed to my hotel roommate S - A - R - A not Mana. Although I really thought it was Mana.

Mana said it! I'm sure of it! Did you really say it??? OMG, I was soooooo out of it. Holy swine. (Oooh, I like that. Ok, Holy swine, © Zoots14. I'm going to put that on some t-shirts and make some moulah. :naughty:)

I stand corrected... the aforementioned brilliant quote regarding Ex-Lax is rightfully attributed to my hotel roommate S - A - R - A not Mana. Although I really thought it was Mana.

:blink: Why do you find it so hard to believe that I said it? Why Mana?:naughty:

:blink: Why do you find it so hard to believe that I said it? Why Mana?:naughty:

'Cause that IS my quote!!!!! :roftl:

It started as "an enema" on Twitter, specifically in reference to post-gig tears. Then it evolved into the whole Mika gig experience. Then I changed it to "ex-lax" on MFC 'cause it was slightly less of a bad mental image. :naughty:

Seeeee??

Edited by lollipop_monkey

'Cause that IS my quote!!!!! :roftl:

It started as "an enema" on Twitter, specifically in reference to post-gig tears. Then it evolved into the whole Mika gig experience. Then I changed it to "ex-lax" on MFC 'cause it was slightly less of a bad mental image. :naughty:

Seeeee??

Ok, NOW I get it. She was quoting (intention wise) your quote, but in fact she quoted my post. Hence why I thought (and she thought afterwards) that she was quoting me.

I never said Ex-Lax or had even heard about it :roftl:. Mistery resolved :naughty:

Oh...my! Too much riddleling :shocked: in that paragraph! :naughty:

Did I just count that you have been to 16 shows? My 4 seem so little. LOL!!

Ok, NOW I get it. She was quoting (intention wise) your quote, but in fact she quoted my post. Hence why I thought (and she thought afterwards) that she was quoting me.

I never said Ex-Lax or had even heard about it :roftl:. Mistery resolved :naughty:

Oh...my! Too much riddleling :shocked: in that paragraph! :naughty:

Did I just count that you have been to 16 shows? My 4 seem so little. LOL!!

To be honest, I never count them and forget the amount, but yes, many. The problem is that it just gets worse and worse: you want more after each one :naughty:

I know..he's like a drug! He puts you on a high and then, the crash is horrible until the next gig!:naughty:

Yeah, there should be a job "professional Mika gig goer" and we should get it :naughty:. I would be an excellent candidate :mf_lustslow:

My correction stands corrected! It was Mana's Ex-Lax! And I was using the Mana "quote" about Ex-Lax to agree with the sentiment that Sara was conveying in her post, which I had quoted. :boxed::boxed:

Yeah, no Communications jobs for me. I'm to confuzzling when I write.

• 3 weeks later...
I've finally uploaded the 2nd part of my Lollipop video where he gets really close :das:

It will be in HQ soon, but you'll have to wait till it's done processing fully.

Yaaay!

Haha, by the way, sorry I messed up while filming it. I accidentally pressed the 'take picture' button because Mika got really close and I freaked out. :naughty:

Yaaay!

Haha, by the way, sorry I messed up while filming it. I accidentally pressed the 'take picture' button because Mika got really close and I freaked out. :naughty:

Don't worry about it. I figured that would happen...my camera's setup weird :naughty:

Thanks again for filming for me :wub2:

I've finally uploaded the 2nd part of my Lollipop video where he gets really close :das:

It will be in HQ soon, but you'll have to wait till it's done processing fully.

Oh yay!! Fantastic vid!! I love how he looks at us on 00:10 :wub2:. If you piece it together with my Lollipop video you get a pretty accurate picture of it haha :roftl: