LAで無料サプライズ・ショー!

昨夜、MIKAがロスのロキシーでサプライズ・ショーを行いました。

Perez Hilton主催の無料のショーはMIKAにとって今年最初のショーで、新旧両曲が披露されました。

ショーの開催はPerez Hiltonのウェブサイトで公開され、会場の詳細についてはサイト内に様々なヒントが出されていました。

そして昨日、ビバリーヒルズのビバリー・ガーデン・パーク内に特設された移動式のアイスクリームショップで参加者にリストバンドが配られました。

Roxy_5.jpg

移動式のショップが公園内に入ってくると千人ほどのファンが車を囲んでしまい、身動きがとれないほどの大混乱をおこしました。

Ice_12.jpg

日本、フランス、メキシコ、アルゼンチン、イギリスやドイツからもMIKAの熱烈なファンが押し寄せ、ほとんどのファンはステージの最前列を確保するためにロキシーの前で一夜を過ごしました。並んでいるファンのためにMIKAが直接ドーナッツやココアが配られました。

当日はMIKAの大ファンでセレブのDita Von Teeseもこのショーのことをぎりぎりで聞きつけ、間に合ったらしいです。

2009.4.20更新

First paragraph talks about the Perez hilton bit, and how people got the writstbands after lining up at the park etc.

Interesting embellishment is it says is that fans came from Japan (yeah??? who would that have been??) France, Argentina, Mexico, UK and Germany, and in order to secure the front row they camped in front of the Roxy overnight. Then Mika sent out donuts and hot chocolate to the waiting line.

Then just before the show started, Mika's huge fan Dita von Teese managed to squeeze in.

Edited by Blue Sky

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/artist/mika/news.html

LAで無料サプライズ・ショー!

昨夜、MIKAがロスのロキシーでサプライズ・ショーを行いました。

Perez Hilton主催の無料のショーはMIKAにとって今年最初のショーで、新旧両曲が披露されました。

ショーの開催はPerez Hiltonのウェブサイトで公開され、会場の詳細についてはサイト内に様々なヒントが出されていました。

そして昨日、ビバリーヒルズのビバリー・ガーデン・パーク内に特設された移動式のアイスクリームショップで参加者にリストバンドが配られました。

Roxy_5.jpg

移動式のショップが公園内に入ってくると千人ほどのファンが車を囲んでしまい、身動きがとれないほどの大混乱をおこしました。

Ice_12.jpg

日本、フランス、メキシコ、アルゼンチン、イギリスやドイツからもMIKAの熱烈なファンが押し寄せ、ほとんどのファンはステージの最前列を確保するためにロキシーの前で一夜を過ごしました。並んでいるファンのためにMIKAが直接ドーナッツやココアが配られました。

当日はMIKAの大ファンでセレブのDita Von Teeseもこのショーのことをぎりぎりで聞きつけ、間に合ったらしいです。

2009.4.20更新

First paragraph talks about the Perez hilton bit, and how people got the writstbands after lining up at the park etc.

Interesting embellishment is it says is that fans came from Japan (yeah??? who would that have been??) France, Argentina, Mexico, UK and Germany, and in order to secure the front row they camped in front of the Roxy overnight. Then Mika sent out donuts and hot chocolate to the waiting line.

Then just before the show started, Mika's huge fan Dita von Teese managed to squeeze in.

wow... they sure can embellish things huh?

Hey ! ... Just been browsing the net and came across this NME article regarding the Secret gig .... Sorry if its been posted , but i havent been on in a few days :naughty:

Last night, Mika played a secret free, all-ages, all-awesome show at the Roxy on L.A'.s Sunset Strip. And by "secret," I mean "promoted on Perez Hilton's blog" and "blasted to Mika's entire PR database by his publicist the day before."

But hey, secret or no secret , a chance to see Mika premiere old favorites plus yet-to-be-released new material in an intimate environment for his biggest fans (who actually collected their guaranteed-entry wristbands from an ice cream truck parked in Beverly Hills) was still a sweet treat.

Mika was especially sweet, literally, to devotees who'd journeyed all the way from Britain, and had been waiting outside the Roxy since 9am, to witness his first gig of 2009: He sent them hot cocoa to keep them warm in the "chilly" L.A. air during their daylong wait. (Yes, sometimes it does get cold in Los Angeles.)

But the atmosphere inside the Roxy was anything but chilly, as the Mika-heads welcomed their idol "out of retirement" extremely warmly, so much so that he played "Grace Kelly" twice. Just listen to all the deafening cheers and right-on-cue handclaps in the new-song clip below:

I found the bolded part particuarly fab ! Fellow MFC'ers referenced in the NME :wink2:

Again sorry if its been mentioned , heres the article http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=61&p=6144

Hey ! ... Just been browsing the net and came across this NME article regarding the Secret gig .... Sorry if its been posted , but i havent been on in a few days :naughty:

Last night, Mika played a secret free, all-ages, all-awesome show at the Roxy on L.A'.s Sunset Strip. And by "secret," I mean "promoted on Perez Hilton's blog" and "blasted to Mika's entire PR database by his publicist the day before."

But hey, secret or no secret , a chance to see Mika premiere old favorites plus yet-to-be-released new material in an intimate environment for his biggest fans (who actually collected their guaranteed-entry wristbands from an ice cream truck parked in Beverly Hills) was still a sweet treat.

Mika was especially sweet, literally, to devotees who'd journeyed all the way from Britain, and had been waiting outside the Roxy since 9am, to witness his first gig of 2009: He sent them hot cocoa to keep them warm in the "chilly" L.A. air during their daylong wait. (Yes, sometimes it does get cold in Los Angeles.)

But the atmosphere inside the Roxy was anything but chilly, as the Mika-heads welcomed their idol "out of retirement" extremely warmly, so much so that he played "Grace Kelly" twice. Just listen to all the deafening cheers and right-on-cue handclaps in the new-song clip below:

I found the bolded part particuarly fab ! Fellow MFC'ers referenced in the NME :wink2:

Again sorry if its been mentioned , heres the article http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=61&p=6144

Goodness- the world is out of order- the NME's being vaguely nice about Mika and his fans! (And I hadn't seen it before)

...it says is that fans came from Japan (yeah??? who would that have been??) France, Argentina, Mexico, UK and Germany, and in order to secure the front row they camped in front of the Roxy overnight.

:lmfao:

That's hillarious! Wow, they really know how to "augment" the facts. Too bad these poor mysterious fans from Japan, France, Argentina and Germany were nowhere to be dound in the front row. In fact, too bad they had such ninja-like stealth that their "campsite" was gone without a trace by the time Nono arrived at 9am.

Maybe you just wanted to be there SO badly that the press were actually seeing apparitions of you. :naughty:

Now this one is legit! Thanks for posting, Caz. Our Sara is a star. :wub2:

still trying to catch up with this thread. wasnt home this past week and it was really difficult to read the mfc on my phone. havent yet managed to read this thread page by page. only read a few of your reports and i have to say that they are amazing, i'm so happy for you!!!

saying that the new songs sound fantastic and that mika is incredibly nice to the fans is an understatement:wub2::wub2:

OK, FINALLY the complete list. Here they are, in case someone wants to update the front page:

Meeting:

Grace Kelly:

Big Girl:

Billy Brown:

Stuck In The Middle:

Love Today:

Lollipop:

Grace Kelly2:

goodbye:

&fmt=22

Ok, what the heck, here the new ones. I hope that they will be safe

TB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfuUKmHLe4&fmt=22

BIOTG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7eKa-0SKoc&fmt=22

GGG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XILstP_D3DA&fmt=22

BE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBnXl-2U9s&fmt=22

I wanted to resist and wait for the mini tour before listening to the new songs but I just gave up. Sari thanx a lot for filming all the set list!! :huglove:

BOTG is awesome, I love it! i'm dying to listen the studio version of it, aah!:wub2:

During the meet & greet, he told Sivan that the new album is out in the fall but he's releasing something in the summer. He said it's a "a project I've been working on for a while." Anybody know what that could be? :blink:

No sh... :roftl: ? Good of you to tell, Sire, we would never have noticed :roftl: !

Cheers,

Id3

I wanted to resist and wait for the mini tour before listening to the new songs but I just gave up. Sari thanx a lot for filming all the set list!! :huglove:

BOTG is awesome, I love it! i'm dying to listen the studio version of it, aah!:wub2:

Sariflor's the best :bow: !

Seeing the whole set of songs and vids made me want to listen to them again and I noticed for the first time, on the meet Mika one, that staying so long in the US had given him back that famous -or infamous- 'American twang' he is reproached with... the guy's so flexible he could be a rubber band :shocked: .

I wonder if when we meet him in Dublin he'll speak with an Irish sing-song voice :wink2: ?

One thing's for sure, he luuuuves to be adored ; you can very distinctly hear him purr -with an American accent, of course :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

LOVE your comment Robertina:wub2:

it's true we're all purring :D

True, the sound wasn't very clear :confused: , but the fans seem to have been cooing :wub2: , rather than purring...

Waow, a bunch of cooing doves gathered round a very tall cat :meow: , no wonder he was purring :wink2: !

Cheers,

Id3

True, the sound wasn't very clear :confused: , but the fans seem to have been cooing :wub2: , rather than purring...

Waow, a bunch of cooing doves gathered round a very tall cat :meow: , no wonder he was purring :wink2: !

Cheers,

Id3

I'm actually more a crow than a dove, taking into account my natural colours... :naughty:

I guess about 1000 euro for a cheap round-trip ticket...reasonable :wink2:

About the same as a France/Beirut plane ticket. But their regular fans didn't get a chance to meet Mika and band after the gig :sad: -security reasons :sniper: . So that LA was much better value :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

Haha...I enjoyed cooing at him. It makes a nice change from the shouting and yapping he's usually subjected to whenever I've seen him with fans.

I always find that my voice sounds SO stupid when I watch these videos afterwards :thumbdown:. And I also just say whatever comes to my mind on those occasions and then later feel like an idiot :naughty:

Ok... I was wrong... I got a tweet from the Roxy confirming that the brunette on stage was not Dita. Oops!

:blink: Hi Zoots ! Sorry, I only just logged in & am way behind ... :blush-anim-cl: ... but didn't we establish this days ago ... 'cos that person was Jack Violet's friend ??!! :blink: