REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

I always find that my voice sounds SO stupid when I watch these videos afterwards :thumbdown:. And I also just say whatever comes to my mind on those occasions and then later feel like an idiot :naughty:

:lol3: Same here haha. It's weird, voices sound different on video than in real life.

I always think when I watch a video that has my voice in it, "Is that really how I sound?" Haha

thank you charlotte and sara for your pics! they're truly amazing:wub2:

Thanks for the pics ! The folding chairs are brilliant :thumb_yello: , I want the same on my terrace :wub2: .

Charlotte, your photo with Sire has made me very happy indeed :huglove: as it clearly shows that...

... HE HASN'T WAXED HIS CHEST :dance_man: !

Cheers,

Id3

Same here haha. It's weird, voices sound different on video than in real life.

I always think when I watch a video that has my voice in it, "Is that really how I sound?" Haha

I know :boxed: - It's mad, isn't it? So weird.

Yeah... I must say you sounded a bit wild... good for you !

Cheers,

Id3

Wild? :mf_lustslow: Would you care to elaborate? Wild as in what type of wild? :roftl:

Thanks for the pics ! The folding chairs are brilliant, I want the same on my terrace :wub2: .

Charlotte, your photo with Sire has made me very happy indeed as it clearly shows that...

... HE HASN'T WAXED HIS CHEST :dance_man: !

Cheers,

Id3

Oh, but he has shaved it. It definitely looked like he'd shaved it not too long ago and the hair is starting to grow back again :thumb_yello:. From what I have observed, he always does it on and off. It's just about when you see him and what moment of that cycle he is in :naughty:.

Oh, but he has shaved it. It definitely looked like he'd shaved it not too long ago and the hair is starting to grow back again :thumb_yello:. From what I have observed, he always does it on and off. It's just about when you see him and what moment of that cycle he is in :naughty:.

Jeez :sweatdrop: We do need tons of new gigs... :naughty:

Thanks! You do raise an intersting point.

Well, I may of course be totally wrong :wink2:, but I get the feeling that after changing the song so much from the one he did at PDP and the summer gigs, he will totally change the title to make it a different song "officially".

But, as I said, this is only my hunch and I may be toooooooooootally off the mark here :roftl:.

Well, I may of course be totally wrong :wink2:, but I get the feeling that after changing the song so much from the one he did at PDP and the summer gigs, he will totally change the title to make it a different song "officially".

But, as I said, this is only my hunch and I may be toooooooooootally off the mark here :roftl:.

See, I'd never thought of it that way...so you could be right. :naughty: I guess I thought Rain would be kept as the title...just because. :aah:

Wild? Would you care to elaborate? Wild as in what type of wild?

Oh, but he has shaved it. It definitely looked like he'd shaved it not too long ago and the hair is starting to grow back again . From what I have observed, he always does it on and off. It's just about when you see him and what moment of that cycle he is in .

Wild as in happy wild and making people happy for you :huglove: .

Ah, but 'shaved' is the operative word :wink2: : he hasn't WAXED it :thumb_yello: !

Don't you ever do it, Sire, vandalism is very bad form :no: !

I am pleased to see that you didn't look at him in the eyes but as if he had been Miss Wonderbra :naughty: .

Don't worry, I would have done the same, a bit trickier for me as I am certainly taller than you are still I am sure I would have managed.

Seeing that we are -once more- discussing Mica's body, am I the only one to have noticed that his overbite is getting a bit scary ?

His wisdom teeth must be growing and pushing it forward and he looks more monkeyish by the minute... cute though :wub2: .

Cheers,

Id3

fmbm, i finally took the time to watch your videos of the gig... they were quite nice ! thank you!

Aw, glad you like them. You're welcome :biggrin2:

I always find that my voice sounds SO stupid when I watch these videos afterwards :thumbdown:. And I also just say whatever comes to my mind on those occasions and then later feel like an idiot :naughty:

I know! I always have to fast-forward the parts in the video where I know I'm going to speak :thumbdown:

I'm trying to download Blue eyes from the link provided on the first page, but it won't! But just one second before I could listen to it from the very same link. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! It was a really nice version!!:shocked:

Nevermind, I sorted it out!

You sound good and very, very happy on the vids,:wub2: and besides I've got so used to them now it wouldn't be same without your enthusiastic comments!:naughty:

I know! I always have to fast-forward the parts in the video where I know I'm going to speak :thumbdown:

I have re-watched your videos and they were so good! Thanks! :wub2:

I can't believe how close you must have been!

I noticed for the first time, on the meet Mika one, that staying so long in the US had given him back that famous -or infamous- 'American twang' he is reproached with... the guy's so flexible he could be a rubber band :shocked: .

Really? I find it interesting that you hear that 'cause my North American ears heard him sounding very British. In the meet and greet video, especially where he says the sentence "I like that jacket" - his pronunciation of "like" is so very English. Almost bordering on cockney. :naughty:

I love your accent. Next time I'm in a queue with you, I'm going to give you a copy of the local phonebook to read aloud. It'll keep me entertained. :naughty:

You sound good and very, very happy on the vids,:wub2: and besides I've got so used to them now it wouldn't be same without your enthusiastic comments!:naughty:

Well, not always so enthusiastic, but thanks :naughty:. I just feel like they often sound stupid that's all, like I speak before I think :blink:.

She was standing right next to me, but she was zooming in more :naughty:. I thought I'd zoom less so that the vids would be different and we'd cover all angles, as otherwise we'd end up with two sets of the exact same thing :wink2:.

Well, not always so enthusiastic, but thanks :naughty:. I just feel like they often sound stupid that's all, like I speak before I think :blink:.

I wouldn't be able to THINK at all during a Mika concert, not even sure I would be able to handle a camera!:roftl:

She was standing right next to me, but she was zooming in more :naughty:. I thought I'd zoom less so that the vids would be different and we'd cover all angles, as otherwise we'd end up with two sets of the exact same thing :wink2:.

And you really did that!

Fantastic!:thumb_yello:

Really? I find it interesting that you hear that 'cause my North American ears heard him sounding very British. In the meet and greet video, especially where he says the sentence "I like that jacket" - his pronunciation of "like" is so very English. Almost bordering on cockney. :naughty:

:naughty:

Ah, but haven't you noticed how his pronunciation of 'thought' varies from the vowel sound of 'bought' (King's -or Queen's :naughty: - English) when he is in Britain to the vowel sound of 'nod' (so very American) when he is in the US ?

Even stranger, at the Olympia we got the American version but at the Parc des Princes he was back to British :confused: ... the guy's definitely a freak :rolleyes: .

You shouldn't tell him to his face that he sounds cockney though :no: , I don't think he would find it amusing :gun2: .

Cheers,

Id3

You're very welcome :)

Yeah, now that I look back on it we were really close:shocked::wub2:

And if you're wondering why I'm laughing in basically all of the videos, it's Sara's fault :glasses2::naughty:

I second that. The first live performance of this song is not complete without fans' reactions. I absolutely love it:thumb_yello:

Thanks for the pics !

I have a question. Well, a question and a request actually...

First how on earth do you manage to stay 10 to 12 hours in front of a theatre on the day of a gig :confused: ?

I don't mean that you would get bored, I could settle down for a week if I had a couple of good books with me. But how do you answer calls of nature ? At some concerts people just do it where they are :shocked: ... don't tell me you did :no: !

Second, could somebody comment the picture or the gang of fans with Mica taken after the gig, put a name on each face ? Not every MFCer know who is who :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

I have a question. Well, a question and a request actually...

First how on earth do you manage to stay 10 to 12 hours in front of a theatre on the day of a gig :confused: ?

I don't mean that you would get bored, I could settle down for a week if I had a couple of good books with me. But how do you answer calls of nature ? At some concerts people just do it where they are :shocked: ... don't tell me you did :no: !

Second, could somebody comment the picture or the gang of fans with Mica taken after the gig, put a name on each face ? Not every MFCer know who is who :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

It sounds like it would get really dreadful, but when you're with other Mika fans it can actually be very fun and entertaining :naughty:

Lucky for us there was a bar next door, and we would sneak in and out of there to use their restroom :punk:

Ah, but haven't you noticed how his pronunciation of 'thought' varies from the vowel sound of 'bought' (King's -or Queen's :naughty: - English) when he is in Britain to the vowel sound of 'nod' (so very American) when he is in the US ?

Even stranger, at the Olympia we got the American version but at the Parc des Princes he was back to British :confused: ... the guy's definitely a freak :rolleyes:

I haven't actually noticed a difference in his pronunciation of "thought" - I'll have to keep an eye (ear?) out for that one.

One I have noticed is his pronunciation of "water" - even when singing, like in Billy Brown. Sometimes it's a very British "waugh-ter". Other times it's a very American "wadder."

I took a linguistics class, and since then accents have fascinated me. And Mika's such a good subject to study with his peculiar, dynamic "airport accent." :wink2:

Edited by lollipop_monkey