• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about the relative chart positions of Calvin and Dizzee..but I know I love your siggie

That's fair enough:naughty: I love yours too, but Andrew is just that much cuter:wub2:

Yeah gotta agree with that. Aw I love Andrew :wub2:

Me too!:wub2::wub2::mf_lustslow:

Aww so many people with good taste on this forum.:thumb_yello:

I'm not sure what to make of these pics, I have a lot of contradictory feelings about it.

I'm a little shocked that his parents' house is in the pics, given his previous insistence that he is a private person etc etc.

Of course, he can be friends with whoever he wants and quite possibly beneath the whacky exterior, Gaga is a good dinner 'date' :naughty:. They obviously have a mutual respect and interest in working with each other, at any rate.

I've said before on here that I respect her talent (I do think she is very talented) and her right to exert her individuality. However I think she looks like a dog's dinner most of the time and here is no exception and it somehow all feels very false, very attention seeking, and..this is the worst bit..really humourless. This is why I can't warm to her, I just can't! :boxed: Rose mentioned a similarity with Cyndi Lauper..yes I kind of see that, but Cyndi had a certain kooky warmth about her, she smiled occasionally, she seemed genuinely eccentric, whereas I just get a pretentious vibe from Gaga. That's just my opinion of course.

However, at least this is getting Mika's name (and all the old accompanying cliches..hurrah for that ) back in the press. Not entirely by accident, I'm sure :mf_rosetinted:. Mika is clever isn't he :wink2:.

Agree for 100%.

This is crazy. Dizzee Rascal is not number one! Calvin Harris is! They clearly dont know what they're talking about.

I love your siggie:naughty:

I know nothing about the relative chart positions of Calvin and Dizzee..but I know I love your siggie :

And I love yours as well.

Yeah gotta agree with that. Aw I love Andrew :wub2:

Me too!

:das: Me too.

Mmmm...

Seen the pics, read the posts and I think it's nothing that bad.

I mean, I'm really conservative when it comes to morality and I would never dress or behave this way. However, she is a different person. I wouldn't want my children to watch people like that, but, let's face it, she's not coming in front of our windows almost naked. I would have never seen these pics if I hadn't read the thread. Plus, she doesn't have "TAKE MILLIONS OF PICTURES" written on her butt.

So, I really don't like it from my point of view, but I don't think she's a bad person because of this.

(And I totally do not justify this "look, a stretch mark" thing. As if you're trying to find smallest details to make her "bad". They do not make her uglier, less respect worthy or worse. If they do, then I will just jump though a window right away - I'm simply terrible.)

I know nothing about the relative chart positions of Calvin and Dizzee..but I know I love your siggie :wub2::mf_lustslow::naughty:

I love your siggie more than hers :naughty::wub2:

And I think Gaga only wants to be more famous being in the press :mf_rosetinted:

Ok so i've rambled here but...

I really dont get this whole 'omg you can see his doooooor!!!' thing to be honest..the paps know where he lives, so it's not like he's revealed it to them, and if people want to go and find every door with that number on in the whole of the city then that's their problem (and maybe one they need to share with their psychiatrist pronto). And if they find him fair do's to them. It's not like they're going to camp outside his house every night, and if they do the police can help.. and also it's not like he's posed for a photo of himself next to the street sign of his road holding a sign saying 'i live at number 10'.. seriously, celebs are papped outside their houses all the time, it doesnt make the fan situation any different.

I dont know how to explain it but i know what i'm meaning. Like, ok, i'm a westlife fan, if i wanted to i could find each member's house in Ireland and even two of them's houses in London, as could millions of fans, as they give out so much info about their houses and where they live just as a part of interviews when they're talking about home and the amount of pictures on the DVDs etc. But i'd never go to their houses. It's their private space. Yes some fans do, but all they do most of the time is take a photo of the house. Some of them see the person who lives there, but they dont bother them.

It's part of being famous i'm afraid. You simply cant be famous but keep everything about you personal these days, once you are famous that's it, you are percieved by the media and the public in the main as 'property' and no one on here can say they're not, because simply by talking about him on here it's classing him as property. Some people are more at it than others, but before anyone says 'oh no i don't think that way', please decide whether you have made any comments about his career choices, clothes, hair, music, friendships etc before you do. Any comments on those are a comment about the man as a commodity, as 'property'. What right do we have to comment on another human being? Oh yes..he's famous. That is now counted as a right connected to fame i'm afraid.

He didnt accidently become famous, he didnt 'just want to sing' people who 'just want to sing' do it for fun either in a choir or in the shower, by putting yourself out there as an artist you are infact selling yourself and your whole family.

He could have not said anything about his family, but he has, and so he has put them in the limelight too, and that is his desicion, it's was him and his family's choice as to whether he ever named them in interviews or they went to concerts etc. I'm not saying it's a bad thing i think the closeness he has with his family is lovely but it's certainly not the actions of someone who wants to keep them secret and hidden away.

This sounds really judgemental, and it's not meant to be, i just hate it when people say that famous people are 'letting themselves down' because of a choice they have made. They arent. They might not be living up to the expectations of you, someone they dont really know, but at the end of the day, do they really care? I think not.

I remember saying two years ago to freds that mika was setting himself up for trouble with fans when he got big by being so open with everyone early on. Dont get me wrong, i LOVED that he was so open. It was so refreshing and i think it's LOVELY that he is trying to keep it up, but come on, he simply cant keep that sort of feeling up with the fans forever, he has so many, and unfortunately everyone thinks they 'deserve' a piece of him or what he is doing or has achieved, and they dont.

He has the vibe that makes people think he's the guy next door, but i really think some fans need to wise up, and realise he isnt. And some people's behaviour recently over the LA thing... I was staring at my screen in disgust at the toys being thrown out of prams because Mika wasnt playing in their town and how dare he put on a gig they couldnt get to...I mean seriously...wtf?

Mostly agree with what you said about M and the Ps accepting the annoying aspects of fame. They did everything in their power to put Mica on the map, with a little help from Sire himself, his ambition, competitiveness and incredible talent.

On the other hand, I am not so sure that the LA secret gig, with its game of hide and seek which I personnally found childish and horripilating, triggered off much jealousy from the fans who weren't lucky enough to be there. I believe that we were genuinely happy for those who could make it and are looking forward to getting lucky too in the weeks to come.

And I am not a particularly positive person, as you may have guessed if you read some of my posts :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Brave :confused: ? What's so brave about it :confused: ?

And anyroad it's not as if he had any choice : paparazzi don't ask permission, especially in the UK where a person's image is not much protected by law.

Different in France where 'PEOPLE' make quite a packet through suing gutter papers for taking unauthorized photographs :naughty: .

Sire, why don't you move over to the country where you grew up :wub2: ?

Cheers,

Id3

Hands OFF!!!

Far too much to read thro it all so sorry if I'm repeating anything..or everthing!

First off Miss Gaga's outfit, well, ermmmmm.....COVER IT UP MISSUS! I'm not against the leotard look totally but it's just cut far too high at the back..and the front for that matter. As my daddy alway used to say to me if I wore something to revealing "Vicky, Half the fun in getting a present it the up-wrapping!" :wink2:

On the plus side I do kinda like the lipstick! I wouldn't do it in black myself but might experiement with other colours!

Okay, on to the Mika door privacy thing. My opinion on the media is that if it's in a "Celeb Environment" then you expect to be photographed and you don't B**** and moan about it afterwards. Lady Gaga has a new single and Meeks has an album in the offing. The meeting was far from discreet, it was intended to be photographed.

Although in my opinion Mr P is not looking all that comfortable with the media intrustion but who knows?

Mostly agree with what you said about M and the Ps accepting the annoying aspects of fame. They did everything in their power to put Mica on the map, with a little help from Sire himself, his ambition, competitiveness and incredible talent.

On the other hand, I am not so sure that the LA secret gig, with its game of hide and seek which I personnally found childish and horripilating, triggered off much jealousy from the fans who weren't lucky enough to be there. I believe that we were genuinely happy for those who could make it and are looking forward to getting lucky too in the weeks to come.

And I am not a particularly positive person, as you may have guessed if you read some of my posts :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

I agree! I was happy for the people that could make it to the LA gig and not at all jealous as I knew full well that I couldn't go, I just look forward to his gigs, secret or otherwise over here in the UK now.:thumb_yello:

And I am loving the who-is-hotter-in-MGMT subtext to this thread :naughty:.

btw it's Ben, we are right

NO NO NO!!! It's Andrew!! He is WWWWAAAAYYYYYYYY hotter! :wub2:You know that secretly! :naughty:

And stop trying to do that secret writing kind of thing, you don't get past me Gat!!!:thumbdown:

*goes back to Mika related stuff*

And I am loving the who-is-hotter-in-MGMT subtext to this thread

btw it's Ben, we are right

I love it too:roftl:

I think they're equally hot. Well, Ben looks really good without gigantic sideburns and when his beard is not too big. Like in electric feel:wub2:

Benandrea :naughty:the hottest couple around:mf_rosetinted:

Bendrew!

NO NO NO!!! It's Andrew!! He is WWWWAAAAYYYYYYYY hotter! :wub2:You know that secretly! :naughty:

And stop trying to do that secret writing kind of thing, you don't get past me Gat!!!:

*goes back to Mika related stuff*

Tsssssk.:mf_rosetinted:

Poor Ben, always underrated and overlooked.

*goes back to Mika related stuff as well*

I agree! I was happy for the people that could make it to the LA gig and not at all jealous as I knew full well that I couldn't go, I just look forward to his gigs, secret or otherwise over here in the UK now.:thumb_yello:

I have to admit I did feel a twinge of jealousy! But was also really happy for those who were there, especially when I read the reports and saw the pics!

I really wanted to go, I was at the British Airways checkout page booking a flight to LA when I woke up and realised that it was really not a good idea when I have other things, like rent, to pay! :boxed::boxed:

I love it too:roftl:

I think they're equally hot. Well, Ben looks really good without gigantic sideburns and when his beard is not too big. Like in electric feel:wub2:

Bendrew!

Tsssssk.:mf_rosetinted:

Poor Ben, always underrated and overlooked.

*goes back to Mika related stuff as well*

Don't you start on the poor Ben story! :roftl: I get that ALL the time with Gat!:naughty: Ben has nice hair...Is that ok?? :bleh: