Mika and Gaga in The Sun

suzie

think you're right, IMO they are no close friends either

Thanks :original: no way they're close friends, close friends would act different, I think. Not that they can't become close friends though.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often thought about it; however, I sort of dislike the music industry. It really is the most unglamorous place to be. Unfortunately, things haven't changed that much. Yes, there are more avenues to get your music out there. But, the Record Companies still try to mould you and they OWN you. I'm sure Mika would agree.

Of course, I work for the Government now...and, it's the same story with a lot less money. :naughty: But, I was trying to make a point and not make it about me. Gaga does what she does for attention. It gets her name out there....her record company is loving every minute of this. We sure are talking about her now. It's working for her.

Thank you for the story..:thumb_yello:

I' d say that was unfortunate timing. I think the key to your story is that it was 1997. It wouldn't have been the same 15 years before and won't be the same 15 years later, either, as now people can discover good music via the internet. I strongly believe opportunities are now there for more musicians - see LittleBoots, for example.

Even though artists still need to make a lot of compromises if they want to be mega-successful, the opportunity is there for musicians.

Artists surely need their own marketing plans ready,too but probably they are more free to choose how they'd execute it .

SO WHY NOT GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE:wink2:

I was trying to make a point and not make it about me. Gaga does what she does for attention. It gets her name out there....her record company is loving every minute of this. We sure are talking about her now. It's working for her.

Yes, I understood that, too. I also think that her options are slightly limited. She is not as pretty as Katy Perry, for example, who can absolutely wear anything without looking trashy... So Gaga plays with this image of looking like a tart. It's the number of photos in the magazines that count not the picture caption:cool:

BINGO! ;)

:thumb_yello:

Yes, I understood that, too. I also think that her options are slightly limited. She is not as pretty as Katy Perry, for example, who can absolutely wear anything without looking trashy... So Gaga plays with this image of looking like a tart. It's the number of photos in the magazines that count not the picture caption:cool:

PFFT! Sorry, but are you friggin' kidding me?:naughty:

Of course it's prepared. Even the colours of their clothes match (and thank God only that!). So, Mika is coming back with a new album shortly and someone of his team has had this trash idea that any publicity will be good now... especially that M. often twitters about GaGa how talented and interesting she is. And this is one thing I will never understand: his opinions about GaGa and Katie Perry... Not that I'm jealous or something:roftl: but there are so many REALLY talented girls out there and he's mesmerized with this childish pop heroines when he himself has so much to offer!!! MIKA, PLEASE EVEN IF THESE GIRLS ARE YOUR FRIENDS DON'T SHOW IT OFF, 'CAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE WILL PUT YOUIN THE SAME TRASHY DRAWER!

Oi! :sneaky2: I love Katy Perry! She's great. And I think that there is a difference between Katy and GaGa (besides the fact that Katy is 100 times more attractive than Gaga, but that is hardly the point here):

Yes, Katy may dress sexy and all that, but it's mostly done in good taste, and she doesn't go out on the town in her knickers and with her butt hanging out , for everyone to see. That is a big difference :naughty:.

Okay, I did go out with one of my D list (A-lister in the 80's) celeb friends once who showed up in a ridiculous outfit and he had nose hairs coming out. I said, "Dude, I'm not going anywhere with you until you change out of those ridiculous clothes and trim those nose hairs. He was pissy with me. :naughty: But, he did change.

I don't care who you are, it's disrespectful to go out with someone in ridiculous clothes. And yes, it is attention seeking. OMG..am I really going here. I'm usually so good about not getting involved on here. But, who you hang out with is a reflection on you. Period.

It's one thing to be in your stage clothes on stage but when you take those stage clothes in a public setting, what did she expect....people would just look away and not stare. I'm a fan of Gaga's...but, this did seriously irritate me.

Mika is so sweet that I really don't see him appreciating her attitude if this really did happen at the restaurant.

*rant over*

I found your karaoke story very interesting Charlie. Maybe you should give it another shot, you just don't ever know unless you try....

I guess I could always start collecting robots and art as my hobby instead of singing. :naughty:

Anywhooo...I'm no Susan Boyle and I'm getting too old to break into the music industry. Although, singing is how I met most of my celeb friends. :thumb_yello:

I found your karaoke story very interesting Charlie. Maybe you should give it another shot, you just don't ever know unless you try....

And this is, after her surgery. Have you seen the 'before' pics of GG? :naughty:

Anyway, I think that we're missing the point here. It's very obvious that we should accept GaGa because Mika is marrying her.

I mean, come on, it's just plain obvious: They go out together, she comes to meet his folks, he is wearing a huge rock on his left ring finger....It's pretty darn clear.

She even hesitated to answer the "boyfriend" question on TV because it's boyfriend no more: now it's a fiance.

Maybe we need a "We love you, Gaga Penniman" thread, and to make her a welcome present? A nice little project where we can show our appreciation, and that we welcome her to the Mika family? If Mika is going to be her husband, we may as well embrace the Gaga...

:roftl::roftl:

Anyone???

And this is, after her surgery. Have you seen the 'before' pics of GG? :naughty:

Anyway, I think that we're missing the point here. It's very obvious that we should accept GaGa because Mika is marrying her.

I mean, come on, it's just plain obvious: They go out together, she comes to meet his folks, he is wearing a huge rock on his left ring finger....It's pretty darn clear.

She even hesitated to answer the "boyfriend" question on TV because it's boyfriend no more: now it's a fiance.

Maybe we need a "We love you, Gaga Penniman" thread, and to make her a welcome present? A nice little project where we can show our appreciation, and that we welcome her to the Mika family? If Mika is going to be her husband, we may as well embrace the Gaga...

Anyone???

Oh lord Sara, please don't start Moonlight off again!!!

I beg you!:naughty:

:winner_first_h4h::winner_first_h4h:

Isn't she married to her music? Is Mika her music? :naughty:

Anyone???

Anyone???

For a millisecond I thought you were talking seriously :shocked:

:roftl: :roftl:

Anyone???

:lmao::floor::floor::floor:

Anyone???

its obvious to me as well.. your right.. facts speak for themselves

:lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao:

Edited by mari62

For a millisecond I thought you were talking seriously :shocked:

:blink: But I am... I was just joking about the thread. I think that the project should be secret, so that Mika can't know that it's coming, and we can give it to them as a wedding present.

"GaGa Penniman"

btw i'm dissapointed that nobody has menitoned their twins yet:thumbdown:

Maybe in a few months time we can? Once she starts wearing less revealing clothes we will be certain :fisch:

Awe yes...the twins.

Gaga and Goo Goo!

I think that GooGoo is cool, but maybe GaGa is too obvious...Could be GeeGee? of Yo Yo? :naughty:

Excuse me :sneaky2: but Katy looks good 99% of the time, in a 'non trashy' way. I can't say the same about others :naughty:.

Who do you mean, not counting Gaga?:naughty:

"GaGa Penniman" :lmao:

btw i'm dissapointed that nobody has menitoned their twins yet:thumbdown:

It's no twins anymore. Now it's triplets:thumb_yello: