Neiiobii's going to England :)

JULS92

That is a great idea. :wub2:

If you need advice, post away. There are pleanty of people on here who would be more than happy to help you out. :biggrin2:

I'm glad you like it! :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Okay then... I promise until the end of this week I'll summarize (and it will still be a big thing to read) the whole week and my doubts and ask you all what do you think etc:bleh:

I was wanting to write it all tonight but I had to settle in a bit here and at my house aswell so it didn't work out:naughty:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you like it! :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Okay then... I promise until the end of this week I'll summarize (and it will still be a big thing to read) the whole week and my doubts and ask you all what do you think etc:bleh:

I was wanting to write it all tonight but I had to settle in a bit here and at my house aswell so it didn't work out:naughty:

Yeah, no problem!

Cool...I can't wait to hear the details. :)

Okay then I won't...:bleh: I just feel that sometimes i talk way too much about something but I think this is something worth talking a lot and I want to share it with anyone who's interested in hearing :biggrin2: And because I need advice about it too:naughty:

We will read because we are interested and we care!! :wub2:

And we give great advice!!! :naughty:

My mom got an e-mail today aaaand after yesterday's school meeting...

I GOT ACCEPTED!:boing::yay:

Though I have to think about it... Even if my mom says I can think all I want, and she'll send me there anyways...

And I've just wrote the things Silver said down, and this is what I found so far:

Good for going:

-Great opportunity

-Captivating educational system

-Amazing people: Students, Mature Students, Staff

-Freedom and space to study what I want, to have my own thoughts and to know what I really want.

Bad:

-Homesickness, missing friends, country...

-When it comes to going out of school- Can't do it often

-Mika

I think I know that it's good for me to go but I'm attached to these little things..

And I know I said somewhere I'd write it all today but I didn't have the time with all the excitement:roftl:

I am soooooo happy for you! :yay::wub2:

Awww thanks:huglove:

The e-mail was like:

"Students, staff body members and many mature students gave optimistic feedback. You're welcome now to come to Brockwood, in the beggining of the next school year, 1st of September. Please contact us soon for us to know your decision, wether if you come or not."

It was a bit impersonal and it said the same on my brother's e-mail but still it's nice to read!:teehee:

Awww thanks:huglove:

The e-mail was like:

"Students, staff body members and many mature students gave optimistic feedback. You're welcome now to come to Brockwood, in the beggining of the next school year, 1st of September. Please contact us soon for us to know your decision, wether if you come or not."

It was a bit impersonal and it said the same on my brother's e-mail but still it's nice to read!:teehee:

Awww well...you got accepted. :wub2: Oh, and the positives outweigh the negatives. Just lettin' ya know. :wink2::teehee:

thats great!

congrats!:wub2::biggrin2:

Thanks Natalie!:wub2:

Awww well...you got accepted. :wub2: Oh, and the positives outweigh the negatives. Just lettin' ya know. :wink2::teehee:

Haha I know but I don't want to accept that:roftl.:teehee:

Writing down the thing right now... It's getting big:naughty:

yay! cant wait to read it! :biggrin2:

oh and i know im a bit late...but congrats on getting in!! :thumb_yello::freak:

sorry, i just had to put in the 'freak', as i havent used it yet!! :naughty:

So here it goes!

As most of you know, I was nervous and uber excited to go to this place. But once I arrived there so many things happened in my mind and there that there's no short or easy way to say this.

So I'll be taking you on a tour of day-by-day at Brockwood.:naughty:

First day (Wednesday):

Wednesday is sunday there as weekends take places on Tuesday and Wednesdays. So when I arrived, there weren't that much students, and everyone was getting back etc...

I was really shy, one student gave me, my mom, and my brother a tour of the school. As we finished, I got to realize how freaking HUGE the school is. It has so many gardens, and a special one with plants and trees from allover the world that was owned by a botanic before the founder of the school bought the land over him...

I got settled in the room I was supposed to be in for the week(Didn't actually get settled, because it looked like a war zone! I was in panic xD)

Then the woman who is responsible about the students that are applying talked to my mom and me to see if we had any questions etc and that's when I knew that to go to London you need your parent's permission, mostly you go in a group or with a mature student/staff/tutor. The places you can visit without much trouble are Winchester and Petersfield who are little towns around there.:naughty: I was decided not to like the school by then. xD

Later my mom left, I cried so much because it all looked really different from what I've thought and it was so big and everybody knew each other... It was like I crashlanded.

It was supper, some students joined me and my brother, and I started to like things. Though I was still decided to repell everyone. haha

It was school meeting after that, in wich the prospective students (me, my brother and another girl) presented themselves and issues were discussed.

Later on, went to bed and unpacked my things as I had nothing else to do.

It was the end of the day.

2nd day (Thursday- first day of classes)

Had breakfast with my brother, then later on had a Prospective meeting with my tutor and the other prospective students. She gave us our timetables, and a few questions to ask mature students, staff and students to 'break the ice' troughout the week.

Had interesting classes, I realized how nice they are... Teachers are really supportive and the lessons are captivating. Had Care For The Earth wich is like gardening, it was pouring, and we were outside.. Got really dirty but it was nice! If you're a student there, you can get your bit of 'territory' for your own gardening project.

Lunch, bla bla, had Woodwork, LOVED it, worked with Iron and made myself a ring. (Wich I will be posting a pic of soon!)

Art Portefolio after that. liked drawing, and the teacher was lovely.

After that, went here, told you a bit of how it was going, then they told me I had to move to other room as one of my current roomates was sick.. I accepted it and started packing. again. Arrived at this tiny room, my matress on the floor, had no space to open my bag and take out my clothes. roomates hadn't arrived yet as it was someone bday and they went out to celebrate in one of the towns. Fell asleep after going to the Loo to cry 3 times and listening to them talking in german for about an hour and a half.

3rd day (2nd day of classes)

Normal morning, went to this thing called morning meeting, in wich the whole school sits there and has 10 minutes of silence. Really good for reflecting/relaxing in the morning.

Had K class, in wich you can talk about basically anything that's going on... And relate it to the philosophy of the school's founder, Krishnamurti. It was really nice.

Had woodwork again, as I asked my tutor for more classes, and made a, earring, a golden bolt! I'll post a pic of it soon too.

Had psychology, didn't get a thing.. Then photography, it was in one of the staff's bedrooms, it turned into a camara obscura, he opened a whole trough his door, put on a sheet from the ceiling so it'd be like a projecting screen, and you could see the present image from outside, upside down, reflected in the sheet. Pretty cool! The teacher was great.

Had dinner, went on a walk with a student and a prospective, didn't get along well as the other prospective really knew how to handle conversations and I didn't:naughty:

Headed off to my tutor to say to her that they didn't make any space for me in my room as they said they would... I didn't want to complain but it'd be hard to survive a week there.

After a bit, she said I'd have to stay there for a week, and I just fell apart, started crying because the night before was just horrible.. And I felt bad to cry and whine and all... She made me a cup of hot chocolate and talked it over to the staff. After a while she was able to get me to move back.. Because apparentely the previous roomate was getting better. after that, it wasn't bedtime yet, so I walked up to one of the grand pianos in the living room(students have a lot of guitars there to play them when they want, they can take them outside and play, take them to their rooms.. it's great. and students are there just talking and you can play music at the same time or hear it..) and played a couple Mika songs. later as I was heading off to my room, a girl called me saying she loved the songs I played and she recognized them, she has LICM and loves Mika:biggrin2: So that was nice... Walked into my room and my roomate said: I heard what that girl said! You know Mika? He's lovely. So skinny and tall, and in his videos and songs he's just jumping around.. Love him.

Pretty nahce!

After that, bed... End of the day.

4th day (3rd day of classes)

Woke up, ran to morning meeting, had breakfast with my Buddy(it's like a person who can help you trough the week while you're there, show you around.. it's a student.) Had history, so boring, then the school had Open Morning, in wich guests come and look at the school, students, and have lunch there... I had to help around. Then it was sports, we went out to a sports centre nearby, I chose Badmington and it was SO much fun. Met more students. Wanted to wash up but all showers were occupied.

Went to the living room to read, and a teacher approached me to ask how was my week so far, and to propose me to join his class the next day, Enviromment Education. Sounded really interesting. After that, 2 boys I used to see a lot just came by and sat at a sofa next to me. One playing guitar and another reading a newspaper:roftl: Talked to them for a bit... They were cute and one of them reminded me of *coughs* Robert Pattinson *coughs*:teehee::naughty:And I'm not even a fan of his!

It was supper then, hanged out a bit more at the living room, then went to my room, where two of three of my roomates where there. Talked to them for two hours about how was it like for them to be there, how was their prospective week... it was lovely. They are so nice.

5th day (4th day of classes)

Breakfast, yadda yadda, helping around the school in the morning, had English General. Represented a bit of Shakespeare so it was nice! Though I didn't know anything xD

History, boring, Human Development, intersting but we talked about STD's, a subject that I'm so fed up with, spanish, history, Enviromment Education..(That one was really good. we were debating on how women are never the ones in power and were underestimated for many many centuries. We talked about their role in society and how sometimes feminism was too extreme.. It was intersting.)

Had K class again, there were just 2 students more me and two teachers, so it was really a free and random class. We talked about cats, dogs, circuses and gipsees for half an hour! xD

IT was tea time, then had Drama... So much fun! We did a lot of great games and everyone was laughing and enjoying themselves the whole time.

We had a student meeting afterwards... And god it was so tense. It was about students getting caught smoking weed, because other students told staff members about it. The people who smoked felt stabbed in the back, and most kept saying how they shouldn't go and tell a staff member just like that in the first place... But then it got more deep. Everyone started showing how smoking weed is not just about being against the school's rules, it's forbidden because people there are trying to create this way of life, a healthy one, and a good community, and those kind of things can set people apart... The students that didn't do anything were worried with the ones who did because that's not good for them, and they weren't angry that they were breaking rules... Everyone was available to talk and sort things out. It was really insane and a long meeting but a lot of people realized so many things there. In the end one of the students was crying because her dad died because he was a drug addict, and couldn't take his addiction so he killed himself... She said he wasn't even on the 'heavy' ones... And she cried because she didn't want them to be in the same situation or to be so absent to their friends and family as her father was to her when he was under the influence... Everyone in the end just comforted her... Then they rescheduled another meeting for the next day with mature students there.

This meeting wasn't really something that made me hate school or not wanting to go there.. at all. the way people talked thins just amazed me and how they wanted to solve everything... It's not something that keeps me away from the school. I know it'd have its own problems.

Mom called later, and after that went to bed... Talked a lot to my roomates about the meeting and they talked to me... Mainly because one of them was part of the group that was doing drugs.

CONTINUES

5th day (Last day of classes!!)

Woke up, another day, the last day in Brockwood.

Interviewed Thomas, a mature student from Brazil, regarding the questions I had to make up to 'break the ice'. It was great, he was one of the people that I spent most of my week with... He's so incredibly nice and I get to talk my language with him!

After that, headed off to another table (It was breakfast) And interviewed my English General teacher. She loved my questions:biggrin2:

Had Yoga class(Ok I just watched it haha I couldn't do anything), had English As A Second Language and after that interviewed a student, another Thomas, from France. He found my questions really deep and we were about 45 minutes talking about them and how the school made him realize who he was better and where did he belong in the world... It was so interesting. Nice guy. Looked at my watch, I was late for my prospective meeting! xD

Had it, talked to my tutor about the week... She said they'de contact me soon after the meeting where the school would give feedback on me.

Went to psychology again, didn't understand a thing, the teacher even said she was sorry because it must've been pretty boring, and I said it wasn't boring, I just didn't understand anything! Haha

Then it was sports, didn't do them, didn't feel like it, just sat at the living room talking to more people.

After that something sad happened... The first student that broke the rules was sent away home. He had done those things before, and he does it because when he goes to London he gets high very often so the school gave him time to go and reflect wether the school is or not the place for him... Everyone was crying because apparentely he was a person that was really an important member there even though he did those things. I just sat there looking at everyone outside, they were holding hands, and starting to go around him, forming a closer and closer circle around him 'til they were all hugging him... This was the best I saw. Even people that weren't his firneds were crying and that shows how close everyone is...

After that, had a shower, started packing and went to have supper. Talked to the french guy again... There was a movie on later, "Shall We Dance?", the japanese original version so decided to see it. After that, everyone was dancing, and talking and walking around... It was Monday there, wich is like Friday in their system. I talked to a bunch of students, they asked me how it all was, if I really wanted to come here... A girl that I met in the beggining of the week came by and said: "God I hope you get accepted! I know I didn't talk to you THAT much but you're such a sweet girl!" I was so so happy... Then they were asking me how would it be to have my brother around, and I said it'd be normal but not as good as to be alone, and they said they'd might accept just one of us... I said it'd be hard but it'd be better that way. The girl that cried at the meeting, didn't talk much to her but she was really nice, asked me about what did I think about this dope issue.. I said it would never keep me away from the school. And another student, Gabriel, wich is Brasilian but doesn't speak much of it anymore, I spent most of the week with him (He's soo good looking and nice and... xD) asked me how my normal school at home is and I told him... After that, it was bed time... Hannah(that girl earlier) and Gabriel wanted me to get accepted aswell, and when I said I had to go, they were just hugging me and choking me haha... They're so sweet...Though Gabriel has a weird feel, I can see he's nice and a great guy, but sometimes some of that niceness is fake... And I confirmed that with one of my roomates that became my friend.

When I was walking to my room, got a couple more hugs, two other guys I've never talked to said bye and waved, hope to see you next year, etc... Now I really really wanted to stay there. Wrote a thankyou note and posted it on the school board along with my e mail for the ones that want to keep in touch, and went to my bedroom, where two of my roomates said that I was one of the best prospective that had ever stayed in their room... Most of them were a bit awkward and some really not nice at all:naughty: Don't know if that was true, but felt good...

Next day, everyone was gone to a school trip, it was the weekend and I came back...

And here I am.

I have lots of questions.

Like:

Will I miss home while I'm there?

How the hell am I going to pack so many things when the time to go there comes?

Will I maintain my friendships with my friends here?

Will this experience be a good one in my life? Will it be worth it?

Was all of this niceness towards prospectives fake?

Will I find my way trough my year there? Or the first months?

And much more...

It sounds like a really nice school!! Much more interesting than mine was anyway :naughty: I wouldn't worry tooo much about if you'll miss home etc. Of course you will but it can be a good thing, you appreciate it much more when you go back and it will make you a lot more independent in time for when you eventually move out/go to uni or whatever you're planning on doing.

If you didn't like it after a month or 2 you could go back home couldn't you? (Obviously it's not the best solution, but you're not trapped there or anything). At least you could say that you'd tried it wheras if you decided not to go you would never know if you missed out on potentially the best year of your life!

It sounds like Hogwarts :naughty:

Oh god... It's MASSIVE:lmfao:

It sounds like a really nice school!! Much more interesting than mine was anyway :naughty: I wouldn't worry tooo much about if you'll miss home etc. Of course you will but it can be a good thing, you appreciate it much more when you go back and it will make you a lot more independent in time for when you eventually move out/go to uni or whatever you're planning on doing.

If you didn't like it after a month or 2 you could go back home couldn't you? (Obviously it's not the best solution, but you're not trapped there or anything). At least you could say that you'd tried it wheras if you decided not to go you would never know if you missed out on potentially the best year of your life!

It sounds like Hogwarts :naughty:

It is! :biggrin2:

You're right... I'll get used to the idea. And I love the idea of being abroad and being independent but when it comes to feelings.. It's really hard!

Yep I could... And you're right! At least I tried... And I think being accepted and not going would be really stupid from my part... But it's such a huge step.

Thanks for giving your view on it, it's what I need!:huglove:

Hahaha it is a bit:lmfao:

Carlota - that was great!!

Gabriel sounds nice :wink2: But with all the hugs you got

no wonder you dream of being suffocated!! :roftl:

It will be a big move for you if you go - but the advantages

will definitely outweigh the disadvantages!! It sounds so much

better than the school you are at just now!! :wink2:

If by the end of that trial week you were starting to settle in then

I think you will find it easier than you may think to go there.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and whatever you decide to

do will be decided with your Mum - and you two know best!! :wub2:

Carlota - that was great!!

Gabriel sounds nice :wink2 But with all the hugs you got

no wonder you dream of being suffocated!! :roftl:

It will be a big move for you if you go - but the advantages

will definitely outweigh the disadvantages!! It sounds so much

better than the school you are at just now!! :wink2

If by the end of that trial week you were starting to settle in then

I think you will find it easier than you may think to go there.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and whatever you decide to

do will be decided with your Mum - and you two know best!! :wub2

Wow you actually read it..:bow:

Haha yeah:roftl: I was surprised with the hugs!

It is... And the advantages to outweigh but it's such a great step.. It'll be the best though!

Thank you so much:wub2: Your support troughout all the week made me really feel better and enjoy it... :huglove:

I hope we do decide the best!

Thanks Neiobi - that was a great read :thumb_yello

What a lot of drama in one short week :shocked: I'm glad you didn't let it put you off going. I'm sure you will fit in fine once you are settled in properly.

You're very welcome... I thank you, and it's a pleasure!:huglove:

I hope so!

Wow you actually read it..:bow:

Haha yeah:roftl: I was surprised with the hugs!

It is... And the advantages to outweigh but it's such a great step.. It'll be the best though!

Thank you so much:wub2: Your support troughout all the week made me really feel better and enjoy it... :huglove:

I hope we do decide the best!

You're very welcome... I thank you, and it's a pleasure!:huglove:

I hope so!

I enjoyed getting your texts - and if you decide to go to the school

you can text or phone me whenever you want!! :thumb_yello: