LADY JANE Lyrics discussion

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love everyone's thoughts on the song!

I know this is probably way off, but after seeing this picture I wondered if the lover in the song is poor Mika himself?

In this picture the lover down below looks like him to me, especially since he's wearing a tie with flowers on it, something only a man like Mika would.

dqnmzl.jpg

Oh, that's beautiful.

But if he's actually the lover, then there is a girl he's overestimating... Or maybe he is underestimating himself. 'Cause i agree with Eglé, I think Lady Jane was special, was above the others. If Mika's the lover, then he thinks he's not that special, he's just like all the other fishes in the world (world=river, maybe)

But I think that recognize that already shows that he's not like others. Therefore, I believe Mika walks on water; but maybe doesn't know that yet.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

"Right now, over tea, he's reciting lyrics like poetry, about

'Lady Jane, the river fish, who became the world's most wanted dish'.

The song was based on

music by Schubert and

a story by Goethe,

and it encapsulates the fantasy world

Mika has created since childhood."

http://www.scotsman.com/news/interview_singer_mika_1_473690

lady+jane+b.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...

I feel much like a guest in this theme as I`ve never joined it earlier:blush-anim-cl: Nevertheless, I saw the previous pic (amazing ! - do you see Jane`s cut feet there ?) and thought of the Song again.

If one is genoius - it`s genious in any language. I translated it into Russian once and found that Russian version is a true fable- not a single line has lost its charm ! Lady Jane is still one of my favourite songs ever.