LADY JANE Lyrics discussion

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.mikasounds.com/

Listen to the new song from the Songs for Sorrow EP and post your thoughts!:wub2:

First draft:

Lady Jane the river saint

Special yes but lucky ain't

Lady Jane said she walked on water but she never had a man to show

then one day she found a fella she was eager just to let him know

Lady Jane she walked on water

Followed by her brand new lover who tumbled along, drownin' down below

Lady Jane did not abort

for legends are never made that short

Now be sure when you listen to this

Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish

Convinced he'd become a creature of the sea

She cut off her feet and jumped into the deep

and never stopped looking for her lover below

Lady Jane the river fish

became the world's most wanted dish

and though no man would dare to catch

something whose beauty we could never match

but when some member from a far away state

said "I order you to get that fish's head on my plate!"

they killed little Lady Jane

The emperor of a distant land

The only man who didn't understand

that though you think you've got your prize

there's another fish that has escaped your eyes

Lady Jane, her lover's there

swimming through the ocean with a desperate stare

looking for Lady Jane

looking for Lady Jane

Thanks for the lyrics:flowers2:

This song is so far my favorite of his new songs. I have been listening to it the whole evening, over and over again. I love it!

Thanks for the lyrics and this thread :thumb_yello:

i love everything about this song..its just SO clever and it totally reminds me of the saying "theres always more fish in the sea" or something like that, but its like lady jane found HER fish and she loves him and she loses her life for him

the whole sorrow thing reminds me of Ernest Hemmingway. Just finished reading The Old Man and the Sea and for some reason he came into my mind once i saw the songs

One of my top five favorites. :wub2:

I've seen it like... 3, 4 times?

I don't remember it much but I like how a character in the end turns into a fish... The whole story is stunning.

I've seen it like... 3, 4 times?

I don't remember it much but I like how a character in the end turns into a fish... The whole story is stunning.

You should watch it again. :wink2:

I've seen it well ober four times, and each time I see it I catch something new. Lots of hidden meanings in it...

This song is growing on me like crazy. I love the lingering, soft piano...GAH! I'm going to listen to it again...

You should watch it again. :wink2:

I've seen it well ober four times, and each time I see it I catch something new. Lots of hidden meanings in it...

This song is growing on me like crazy. I love the lingering, soft piano...GAH! I'm going to listen to it again...

I will rent it!:biggrin2: So worth it.

Yes there are some movies that are great in that way! And then you say "Oh, then that's why..." :bleh:

Me too! At first my fave was alcoholic but now this one is it:wub2:

I really love the way he is playing with his voice here, just wish he'd do it in French so I couldn't understand the stupid lyrics :roftl:

:roftl::roftl:

This song really is like an Angela Carter type story just turned into a song.

She writes some pretty disturbing stuff.

For some bizarre reason, this song makes me think of the Zola novel Therese Raquin.

:boxed:

I know there aren't any fishy tales in that but there is a lot of tragedy and lust and murder and falling in rivers and drowning. I can't rationalise it any more than that! :naughty:

It's funny how a song can immediately conjure up an unexpected image and you are sometimes not sure why.

For some bizarre reason, this song makes me think of the Zola novel Therese Raquin.

:boxed:

I know there aren't any fishy tales in that but there is a lot of tragedy and lust and murder and falling in rivers and drowning. I can't rationalise it any more than that! :naughty:

It's funny how a song can immediately conjure up an unexpected image and you are sometimes not sure why.

A few people have come up with images actually, you're not the only one. This song reminds me of Angela Carter and the Mythology of Echo and Narcissus. Not that Echo and Narcissus is similar to Lady Jane lol, but they're both tragic love stories, of loving someone you can't have.

It's funny, at first I thought Lonely Alcoholic was clearly my favorite out of the two, now it's Lady Jane. I guess I wasn't really paying attention to the lyrics the first time I listened. Now I love it and have it on repeat!! :wub2: