• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it would :lmfao:

I'll say two words, and you can use your mind to figure out the rest:

:teehee:

:lmao: WHERE ?!!:shocked: *runs to read the lyrics once more*

I think I might be getting it, but maybe, just maybe... hahah impressive deduction though! :naughty::wink2:

:lmao: WHERE ?!!:shocked: *runs to read the lyrics once more*

I think I might be getting it, but maybe, just maybe... hahah impressive deduction though! :naughty::wink2:

"Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish"

That line:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Toy Boy is still my fave of the new songs, but these two are great too, and Lady Jane is certainly NOT what I expected when I heard the lyrics I was like :teehee::naughty::blink: all at once, I listened intently to them first time trying to suss out what they meant and also was in awe at his voice :swoon:

This one is so different to me than the others, I like it a lot because of that but I don't know how it will go down with non fans, I am sure they will think it's just weird lol.

I will have to get to know it more, I am always trying to find hidden meanings in his lyrics (lol who aint mind ya), and that is just so much part of the fun.

I'm not sure if I know why this is a "Song of Sorrow". Yes it's a tragedy, but it's hilarious. I love the ridiculousness of the lyrics.

Or maybe I'm not taking them seriously enough.... I don't know.:blink:

All I can say is they don't tug at my innards the way a couple of the unmentionables do. They're whimsical, but the song is very soothing to listen to, and it doesn't stir me up to experiencing "deep emotions", which is what I was expecting of an EP called "Songs of Sorrow". Maybe the fault there is with my expectation.....:boxed:

Anyway, back to the song... I'm enjoying it. And Blue Sky I think you've nailed the lyrics completely.

That line made me laugh... maybe subconsciously I thought of that too. :blink: Who knows?! :naughty:

The next time someone asks me why I don't eat fish... I'll just play this song...:bleh:

I'm not sure if I know why this is a "Song of Sorrow". Yes it's a tragedy, but it's hilarious. I love the ridiculousness of the lyrics.

Or maybe I'm not taking them seriously enough.... I don't know.:blink:

All I can say is they don't tug at my innards the way a couple of the unmentionables do. They're whimsical, but the song is very soothing to listen to, and it doesn't stir me up to experiencing "deep emotions", which is what I was expecting of an EP called "Songs of Sorrow". Maybe the fault there is with my expectation.....:boxed:

Anyway, back to the song... I'm enjoying it. And Blue Sky I think you've nailed the lyrics completely.

I think I understand what you mean here, it's maybe because the unmentionable ones.... were so much easier to relate to but this one on the face of it is far more like a fairy tale or story, so harder to "feel" the emotions as they are not as real or as raw, and in some parts rather weird and a bit wacky which I feel detracts some of the seriousness for me.

(apart from the last line lol ('cause the dirt on which we're stepping is the one in which we will be found) which is awesome and I CAN relate to that a LOT!

i think i'm too stupid to get it............any hints?? :blink:

*rush to the page 1 to read the lyrics again n again*

btw forgive me for not very familiar wif classic English names, does Lady Jane refer to anyone in reality? i wiki the song title n only found abt the English queen n a song by the Rolling Stones!!!:sweatdrop:

Isn't there some reference in the Bible about not eating fish, or shellfish, or something?

Maybe the "another reason" alludes to that biblical reference. The Bible offered reason number one, the Lady Jane story is "another reason."

I can't freakin' wait to see what kind of artwork this song has accompanying it. It's not even a song. It's a story - a whimsical fable - that happens to have a bit of music set to it. :wub2:

Isn't there some reference in the Bible about not eating fish, or shellfish, or something?

Maybe the "another reason" alludes to that biblical reference. The Bible offered reason number one, the Lady Jane story is "another reason."

I can't freakin' wait to see what kind of artwork this song has accompanying it. It's not even a song. It's a story - a whimsical fable - that happens to have a bit of music set to it. :wub2:

Or he might just have heard of a fishy flu that is about to hit us all :mf_rosetinted:

Or he might just have heard of a fishy flu that is about to hit us all :mf_rosetinted:

Kata, you have to write a parody. I challenge you to refer to Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Mad Cow Disease, and Mika as the prophet warning of Fishy Flu. :roftl:

Kata, you have to write a parody. I challenge you to refer to Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Mad Cow Disease, and Mika as the prophet warning of Fishy Flu. :roftl:

Kata, we are all waiting. I know you can do it.:thumb_yello:

:lmfao: Let's see if I get annoyed enough soon - I suspect I'm gonna have a rather annoyed moment when I check what's left on my bank account, might inspire me to rewrite the entire Songs for Suckers EP :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks, Blue Sky for the tip...I actually wanted to book my flights instead. now it seems I will have to spend my night in Excel sheets as I haven't worked much today...

Anyway, Lady Jane finished...

I prefer Lonely Alcoholic to this one, but I have to go now.

Will be back later .

:bye:

I am back.... Listened to Lady Jane once more. Love it - not matching Toy Boy but he will never be able to top that.

I am sooo glad that he now really DARES TO BE DIFFERENT.

WHAT's NEXT? OPERA? WOULD LOVE IT SO MUCH

Yes, I am thrilled that he's writing so many different types of songs.

I've just realised it's called Songs FOR Sorrow, not Songs of Sorrow.:doh:

Sparkly, isn't that last line that you've mentioned from the Lonely Alchoholic song?

oh really???!!!

You are not the only one!!!:teehee::teehee:

Nono! :lmfao::lmfao:

Not that that quite slipped my mind when I heard the song :rolls_eyes:

Anyway. I really like this song. Although the lyrics confused me at first but I like this sort of storytelling, the hidden meanings, not just saying things straight to the point. It's nice when songs make you think twice as hard :naughty:

I really can't wait to see how the artists interpreted this song.

Omg that is amazing! this song is...genius! A dark fairytale...

I completely understand the lyrics...The story. I love the way he's done it.

Lady Jane the river saint

Special yes but lucky ain't

Lady Jane said she walked on water but she never had a man to show

(She was special because she could walk on water, but she never shown or told anyone)

then one day she found a fella she was eager just to let him know

Lady Jane she walked on water

Followed by her brand new lover who tumbled along, drownin' down below

(She found a fella she was eager to show her talent so she walked on the water and he followed, unable to walk on water so he fell in and 'drowned')

Lady Jane did not abort

for legends are never made that short

Now be sure when you listen to this

Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish

(She/the story didn't stop...Legends and stories aren't that short...)

Convinced he'd become a creature of the sea

She cut off her feet and jumped into the deep

and never stopped looking for her lover below

(She was convinced that he'd become a creature of the sea...a fish, so she cut of her feet..because of her talent, she couldn't go into the water because she could only walk on it [i think??] so she jumped in and never stopped looking for her lover who's now a fish)

Lady Jane the river fish

became the world's most wanted dish

and though no man would dare to catch

something whose beauty we could never match

(Lady Jane became a fish, too but nobody would dare to catch her as she was too beautiful [?])

but when some member from a far away state

said "I order you to get that fish's head on my plate!"

they killed little Lady Jane

(Then the emperor said well, kill her :naughty: so they did and she was his meal)

You're emperor of a distant land

The only man who didn't understand

that though you think you've got your prize

there's another fish that has escaped your eyes

Lady Jane, her lover's there

swimming through the ocean with a desperate stare

looking for Lady Jane

looking for Lady Jane

(Her lover, the fish [?] stayed searching through the ocean for his Lady Jane)

Me thinks >.<

Nono!

Not that that quite slipped my mind when I heard the song :rolls_eyes:

Anyway. I really like this song. Although the lyrics confused me at first but I like this sort of storytelling, the hidden meanings, not just saying things straight to the point. It's nice when songs make you think twice as hard :naughty:

I really can't wait to see how the artists interpreted this song.

Word for word, I completely agree with you! I love songs/books/anything with hidden meanings. I can't stand songs with predictable lyrics...:no:

The art should be amazing! I have a sort of Fantasia-esque image in my mind. :naughty:

It will probably turn out completely different seeing as how Mika doesn't like Fantasia...:aah: But either way, it's going to be brilliant.:wub2:

(Lady Jane became a fish, too but nobody would dare to catch her as she was too beautiful [?])

Yeah! I was thinking about a mermaid. She does the opossite of what fairy tale's mermaids do: ordinary mermaids want to live like human beings outside the water, but she goes from ground to water instead.