LADY JANE Lyrics discussion

i haven't been here that much anymore and it's awesome that there's so many updates! i totally love this song although i find the lyrics to be slightly silly at first.thanks to blue sky for the lyrics,now i think otherwise.

i guess it's a story about a girl who has big plans for her life,and she has a special ability that no one else has but her life was empty since she has no man to love.then one day,she met her guy and there's mutual love between them both.so after having a very meaningful relationship in a certain period of time,the man left her to pursue his dreams.she then sacrificed what she used to be and what she used to have,to look for her lover.in her search,probably there's so many men who tried to steal hurt but to no avail since her heart still belongs to her lover.in the end,her marriage was arranged,and whether she likes it or not,she has to get married.her lover was left waiting for her,still loving her deeper than she will ever know.

well,that's my point of view. wonder what the song really means?:wub2:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, i like the song. i think it's amazing, just like Lonely alcoholic. but the lyrics freak me out. i don't mind them when he is singing them, they sound.... i don't know how to put it. but the lyrics, when written down makes the song totally different for me.

I just think it's sad that the song will not be out there in the way that his singles and album songs will be. It's a shame... because this song (and Toy Boy as well) show Mika's songwriting talent and his totally amazing singing voice, to the greatest possible extent. So I hope that LJ will be heard by many people, despite being on an exclusive EP that isn't for world wide circulation.

I have had this song stuck in my head all day. It is a real grower.

I immediately liked the tune first time of hearing, but was somewhat confuddled by the lyrics :naughty: and I even thought his falsetto was slightly off key and a little bit grating :meow:. Sorry Meeks :flowers2:

But there is something about this song that worms its way into your affections until you just don't analyse his voice any more or the odd strange turn of phrase, but just 'feel' the song...the melody, and the images it conjures up in your mind. That's the only way I can describe it.

I would not exaggerate and say I love it, but it does affect me in a way Lonely Alcoholic definitely doesn't.

Lyrics from MS:

LADY JANE

Lady jane the river saint

special yes but lucky ain’t

lady Jane said she walked on water

but she never had a man to show

then one day when she found a fella

she was eager just to let him know

lady Jane she walked on water

followed by her brand new lover

who tumbled along

drowning down below

VERSE 2

Lady Jane did not abort

for legends are never made that short

now be sure when you listen to this

here’s the reason you should never eat fish

convinced he’d become a creature of the sea

she cut off her feet and jumped into the deep

and never stopped looking for

her lover below

VERSE 3

Lady Jane the river fish

became the worlds most wanted dish

and though no man would dare to catch

something who’s beauty we could never match

but when some emperor from a far away state

said “I order you to get that fish’s head on my plate!”

they killed little lady Jane

VERSE 4

You emperor of a distant land

the only man who didn’t understand

although you think you’ve got your prize

there’s another fish that has escaped your eyes

lady Jane, her lover’s there

swimming through the ocean with a desperate air

looking for lady Jane

he’s looking for lady Jane

Lyrics from MS:

LADY JANE

Lady jane the river saint

special yes but lucky ain’t

lady Jane said she walked on water

but she never had a man to show

then one day when she found a fella

she was eager just to let him know

lady Jane she walked on water

followed by her brand new lover

who tumbled along

drowning down below

VERSE 2

Lady Jane did not abort

for legends are never made that short

now be sure when you listen to this

here’s the reason you should never eat fish

convinced he’d become a creature of the sea

she cut off her feet and jumped into the deep

and never stopped looking for

her lover below

VERSE 3

Lady Jane the river fish

became the worlds most wanted dish

and though no man would dare to catch

something who’s beauty we could never match

but when some emperor from a far away state

said “I order you to get that fish’s head on my plate!”

they killed little lady Jane

VERSE 4

You emperor of a distant land

the only man who didn’t understand

although you think you’ve got your prize

there’s another fish that has escaped your eyes

lady Jane, her lover’s there

swimming through the ocean with a desperate air

looking for lady Jane

he’s looking for lady Jane

Doesn't he sing "Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish"?

although he sings " that though"...

I keep listening to this on repeat on mikasounds. It's definitley turning out to be my favourites from the EP:teehee:, though Toy Boy is hard to beat.

Everything about this I love though, and each time I hear it the story becomes more clear.

I keep thinking I've got the story, but then something throws me off and I have to rethink. I think that's why it's so good, it's keeps twisting and could have so many meanings.

Love it. :wub2:

I would say what I think it's about but it's probably been said before and I'm not in the mood right now. :naughty:

I have had this song stuck in my head all day. It is a real grower.

I immediately liked the tune first time of hearing, but was somewhat confuddled by the lyrics :naughty: and I even thought his falsetto was slightly off key and a little bit grating :meow:. Sorry Meeks :flowers2:

But there is something about this song that worms its way into your affections until you just don't analyse his voice any more or the odd strange turn of phrase, but just 'feel' the song...the melody, and the images it conjures up in your mind. That's the only way I can describe it.

I would not exaggerate and say I love it, but it does affect me in a way Lonely Alcoholic definitely doesn't.

You took the words straight out of my mouth- That is the way I feel it exactly.

Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish...

picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=2906

Oh godddddddddd :crybaby: Plus, that bum looks very retouched. The angle is all wrong. There is such a thing as a "flat bum" but this one is like "cut off" bum :roftl:

Does anyone know Lady by Regina Spektor??

LJ keeps reminding me of it........and as Mika was a big fan of her last album (it appears on there) I wondered if he was inspired by it at all??

hmm interesting.

A limerick is a five-line poem with a strict form (AABBA), originally popularized in English by Edward Lear, which intends to be witty or humorous, and is sometimes obscene with humorous intent.

it says Limeric is AABBA

but lady jane is:

first part: AABBCB

2nd part: AABxyz(lol)

3rd part: AABBCCC

and 4th : AABBCCC too

and i doubt this song is meant to be humorous :naughty:

Edited by dilek

well, lady jane was defently my faveotite at first (2 weeks ago)... they say you fall in love with firsts, and it was the first new song i heard in ages and i just had to hear it over and over and over until i memorized the lyrics alone (and i got it almost all right!)

didnt conect to lonely alchoholic as bad, but i memorized the lyrics too- very pretty song

then blue eyes came- fell in love all over again... the rythm drove me insane for some reason, i just had to screm with mika: whats the matter matter?!

everyone keeps saying that toy boy is the defently best... saw a mini clip where he sings it at the roxy in his not-so-secret gig- the quality was SO bad, i decided not to ruin for me and stopped it after the 2nd verse...

is it really that good? i guess i will only truely know once my lond-preordered EP finaly gets here!

everyone keeps saying that toy boy is the defently best... saw a mini clip where he sings it at the roxy in his not-so-secret gig- the quality was SO bad, i decided not to ruin for me and stopped it after the 2nd verse...

is it really that good? i guess i will only truely know once my lond-preordered EP finaly gets here!

Try this video. Obviously the quality of amateur vids is not as good as the sound in the venue, but this is worth watching IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfuUKmHLe4

Try this video. Obviously the quality of amateur vids is not as good as the sound in the venue, but this is worth watching IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdfuUKmHLe4

thing is, he talked on and on and on and the second he started to actually sing youtube froze

no luck for me hah? maybe its a sign. ill try again later

you were so close to the stage- lucky youMFCrs!

I was going to fly to paris to see him, but by the time my mom agreed to buy us both flying and concert tickets they were all sold out :sneaky2:

oh well, next time...