MIKA @ Concertgebouw | Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - Reserved Seating: 02-06-2009

dcdeb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, more positively, I've got a lift to and from the airport here, and the hotel sent me directions from Schipol to the hotel.

It's the bus 370 right to the door, so that's handy.

How far is the airport out of the city?

Everything has fallen into place so well (apart from the unreserved seating) so I feel it was meant for me to be at this one.

I don't know how far it is in km or miles but the trip with the bus takes about 23 minutes (according to the route planner) :thumb_yello:

It makes the body into an object. 4 decades of trying to get men to take women seriously undermined by the relentless trend to see everything at a superficial level - get your kit off and jiggle around. Empowering? Not in my book.

Someone on the YT link has written:

Find me a man who wouldn't like his girlfriend or wife to be like her in bedroom with him, seducing him like that....please!!!

Well, I for one can't deliver that, so how does it make me feel?

Edited by Ruth

I don't know how far it is in km or miles but the trip with the bus takes about 23 minutes (according to the route planner) :thumb_yello:

23 minutes? That's really good. I thought it would be well over an hour.

My lovely hotel will even let me check in early so I'm hoping to have a kip and a shower before queuing

It makes the body into an object. 43 decades of trying to get men to take women seriously undermined by the relentless trend to see everything at a superficial level - get your kit off and jiggle around. Empowering? Not in my book.

Someone on the YT link has written:

Find me a man who wouldn't like his girlfriend or wife to be like her in bedroom with him, seducing him like that....please!!!

Well, I for one can't deliver that, so how does it make me feel?

Not trying to sound mean but if watching a burlesque dancer makes you feel bad or self-conscious that's something you do to yourself.

Everyone can be sexy and seductive, you don't need to be a size zero or look like a supermodel. It's all about how you feel in your own body.

But I guess we should just agree to disagree. :teehee:

It's just you, Diana and me who are in favour of it:mf_rosetinted: Does that say anything?

Not trying to sound mean but if watching a burlesque dancer makes you feel bad or self-conscious that's something you do to yourself.

Everyone can be sexy and seductive, you don't need to be a size zero or look like a supermodel. It's all about how you feel in your own body.

I totally agree! Personally - and miss Ava Garter was about three feet from my face, so I've got an informed opinion - I quite liked watching her. I mean, she's chosen to do what she does so I don't find it demeaning. If she wanted to go be an accountant or a plumber instead, I'm sure she could.

But she was good at what she did, and very nice to look at. Now, I'm happily married, and relatively certain which way I swing; but looking at her was like looking at anything else visually pleasing, like a painting or a sunset. :teehee:

What time is everyone planning to queue? I intend to be at the Van Gogh museum at 10 am, so hopefully I can spend a couple hours there before the queuing begins. :punk:

23 minutes? That's really good. I thought it would be well over an hour.

My lovely hotel will even let me check in early so I'm hoping to have a kip and a shower before queuing

What, chicken before the gig.....?:wink2:

What time is everyone planning to queue? I intend to be at the Van Gogh museum at 10 am, so hopefully I can spend a couple hours there before the queuing begins. :punk:

Van Gogh Museum is a good choice.

I don't think we (that is my husband and me) will queue, there are 376 seats and I think every single one of them will be fantasticly deluxe.....

Did you all check the website of the Concertgebouw?http://www.concertgebouw.nl/

Mika is mentioned in the Newsbox...

and with your concertgebouw ticket you can ride for free in the Amsterdam public transport! (Bus, tram, metro(=subway))

What, chicken before the gig.....?:wink2:

Van Gogh Museum is a good choice.

I don't think we (that is my husband and me) will queue, there are 376 seats and I think every single one of them will be fantasticly deluxe.....

Did you all check the website of the Concertgebouw?http://www.concertgebouw.nl/

Mika is mentioned in the Newsbox...

and with your concertgebouw ticket you can ride for free in the Amsterdam public transport! (Bus, tram, metro(=subway))

Hey AMP, so happy that you're going!:thumb_yello:

Are there any concrete plans yet for a meet up/pre-dinner/drinks kind of thing?

Or did I missed this?:wink2:

Oh BTW. I'm sorry for starting the whole burlesque dancer/stripper discussion, that was not my intention :blink:

Anyway, more positively, I've got a lift to and from the airport here, and the hotel sent me directions from Schiphol to the hotel.

It's the bus 370 right to the door, so that's handy.

How far is the airport out of the city?

Everything has fallen into place so well (apart from the unreserved seating) so I feel it was meant for me to be at this one.

It's much easier to take the train from the airport, it only takes about 15 minutes to the Central Station, and from there you can get gazillions of busses and trams to the Museum square :thumb_yello:

Seconded. Being seductive and beautiful isn't about size or age.

It's much easier to take the train from the airport, it only takes about 15 minutes to the Central Station, and from there you can get gazillions of busses and trams to the Museum square :thumb_yello:

Seconded. Being seductive and beautiful isn't about size or age.

Hey, I'm going to check you out in the Hema. Picture me going up to the wrong girl asking: are you Rockingbabz?:biggrin2:

Although I can't imagine that there are many girls with black/red hair and lippiercing in our tiny Hema :wink2:

Mika is mentioned in the News...

really? :shocked:

where we can see written that beautiful info, in a language understadandable?

are you sure that, when i let see the ticket to the bus driver, he will not reply: i'm a driver, not a singer!!! ??

thank you for the info, it seems a super opportunity :clap:

Hey, I'm going to check you out in the Hema. Picture me going up to the wrong girl asking: are you Rockingbabz?:biggrin2:

Although I can't imagine that there are many girls with black/red hair and lippiercing in our tiny Hema :wink2:

Lol no I'm the only young one working there during weekdays so you can't miss me :naughty:

Ow, nice!

Only Amsterdam itself? Or also to/from Amsterdam to/from f.e. Amstelveen? (don't know if it belongs to Amsterdam or that it's a different city/town/whatever.. :blush-anim-cl:).

Ow, nice!

Only Amsterdam itself? Or also to/from Amsterdam to/from f.e. Amstelveen? (don't know if it belongs to Amsterdam or that it's a different city/town/whatever.. :blush-anim-cl:).

It's a different city. I think it only applies to GVB, which would mean not the bus/tram from Amstelveen... but not sure

Ow, nice!

It should say on the ticket.

In example.. In my city we have HTM as tram and bus company.

On the tickets it always says "Only valid on all HTM bus and tram connections, not valid for nightbuses etc."

It should say on the ticket.

In example.. In my city we have HTM as tram and bus company.

On the tickets it always says "Only valid on all HTM bus and tram connections, not valid for nightbuses etc."

Ok, thanks! (you too rockinbabzz :wink2:)

Any idea when the tickets arrive then? :roftl:

really? :shocked:

where we can see written that beautiful info, in a language understadandable?

are you sure that, when i let see the ticket to the bus driver, he will not reply: i'm a driver, not a singer!!! ??

thank you for the info, it seems a super opportunity :clap:

I could only find it in dutch, on the Concertgebouw's website, sorry. Perhaps someone can translate for you.

Ow, nice!

Only GVB.

It's a different city. I think it only applies to GVB, which would mean not the bus/tram from Amstelveen... but not sure

That's what I wanted to say too.

We probably go by car to a closeby town, and then go further by public transport.

I'm very curious and happy to meet you all in Amsterdam. Please call me by my real name Anneke and NOT AMP or AnnaMariaPetra.....I feel stupid already:blush-anim-cl:

I'm very curious and happy to meet you all in Amsterdam. Please call me by my real name Anneke and NOT AMP or AnnaMariaPetra.....I feel stupid already:blush-anim-cl:

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to know all the real names beside the MFC-names? :sneaky2:

:roftl:

I'll do my best :mf_rosetinted:

If only people would just use their real name as username... :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

Or a name they can live with if people call you that :mf_rosetinted:

I could only find it in dutch, on the Concertgebouw's website, sorry. Perhaps someone can translate for you

Thank you, i trust you. :thumb_yello:

I hope there will be written also in Mika's ticket.