Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for posting,i would never find it there by myself:naughty:

so i guess i'm the only one who doesn't like this pic of him at all:blink:

No :teehee:

No :naughty:

He looks startled!! :shocked:

Here, is this pic better then?

wenn2379995.jpg

Perez has a quote of the day from Mika and uses this pic, which I think is from the same day he went out with Lady Gaga last month -- IIRC.

The quote:

"I wanted to make an unashamed pop record. I became obsessed with Disney soundtracks from the '50s, so I decided to make my own."

- Mika tells the new issue of British music magazine Q, about his upcoming sophomore album, out this fall

This picture is funny, it changes from his last promotional pictures. He looks so young on this one (when was it taken ?) - it's somehow a way to remember his beginning :biggrin2:
ça me fait penser à cette photo avec une lollipop girl sur son épaule..tu vois laquelle??a++ virginie :wink2:

I find it:

:thumb_yello:

Edited by FOUCHONNERET

The first pic he looks kinda young and cute in a rabbit caught in headlamps kinda way (how can you tell it's been photoshopped btw?) and the 2nd pic...hmmmm he does look a bit sorta lost I agree, and not expecting the photo to be snapped.

I guess the bio is better than the last one.

How come we're talking about Cancer, Cystic Fibrosis and all that jazz...when this is a thread about Mika's Biography? LOL! Dearie me we certainly do go off-topic a tad :roftl: :roftl:

you are right! :blush-anim-cl:

back to topic: I agree with dcdeb and Sariflor. He should lose the 'racially mixed'. He has a culturally mixed background and that's about it. As much as he flirts with being a bastard, he is not :naughty:

ça me fait penser à cette photo avec une lollipop girl sur son épaule..tu vois laquelle??a++ virginie :wink2:

I find it:

62g96a10.jpg

thanks to put it here :thumb_yello:

How hard I searched for this picture...I knew it was the same jacket!! Thank you!!

I did find that Mika likes orange though...

mika92of9th.jpg

112.jpg

That eye brooch reminds me of the eye on the new MS page.

eyeMS.png

80ac6b4e78241b2cacdf313ffe710125.jpg

By now it is clear that Mika is not as other artists are. His surname could just as well be ‘Singular’. Enveloped in an imaginative musical world of his own creation, he is one of the few British male pop stars of his age that doesn’t run with the pack. Classically trained, racially mixed and prone to theatrical physical gesture, he has become a scion of ambitiously delivered self-expression. He says his music can be condensed easily, ‘the basic principals are that it is joyful and empowering and doesn’t cowtow to fashion or convention,’ calling to mind an old and almost forgotten pop notion: individuality.

Mika opened his pop career with the defining single Grace Kelly. It has sold almost 3million copies worldwide and was only the second British single to top the chart on downloads alone. His total single sales from Life In Cartoon Motion add up beyond six million. The album itself bagged over 5million till receipts. Mika was nominated for and won awards from the Brits, the Grammys, the Ivor Novellos, Capital Radio, Q magazine, The World Music Awards, BT and Vodaphone, Virgin Media and MTV’s Europe, Asia, Australia and Japan, amongst others. But the statistics only hint at the strident grip he boldly took on pop music when he entered its fray; they are the neat vindication that one of pop’s biggest outsiders could conquer from within.

From http://mikasounds.com/about and photo from Mika's own gallery. (think it is quite old....)

love the way it is written and i realy appreciate that they only write about the music not about where he was born etc.

highlighted my fave bits.

I saw this bio on Mikasounds the other day and thought two things:

1) They waited for THIS? I mean, it wasn't on the site from day 1, so I

was thinking that the "ABOUT" page was going to have some great in-depth

bio and interview or something... that's what I assumed the long wait was

for.

2) What does "racially mixed" mean? Is Lebanese a different race? I'm being

serious. I'm only going by what I've seen when I've filled out census forms or other forms like that, and the only races I know of are: Caucasian/White, Hispanic, Asian, Black, American Indian, Pacific Islander... and I think that's

about it. Is Lebanese or Arabic or Middle Eastern considered a different race in other parts

of the world? I'm genuinely curious. :blink:

I took it to mean he's half Lebanese and half American

I find it:

62g96a10.jpg

thanks to put it here :thumb_yello:

aw thanks! its from the same shoot!

That eye brooch reminds me of the eye on the new MS page.

eyeMS.png

you're right :)

I saw this bio on Mikasounds the other day and thought two things:

1) They waited for THIS? I mean, it wasn't on the site from day 1, so I

was thinking that the "ABOUT" page was going to have some great in-depth

bio and interview or something... that's what I assumed the long wait was

for.

2) What does "racially mixed" mean? Is Lebanese a different race? I'm being

serious. I'm only going by what I've seen when I've filled out census forms or other forms like that, and the only races I know of are: Caucasian/White, Hispanic, Asian, Black, American Indian, Pacific Islander... and I think that's

about it. Is Lebanese or Arabic or Middle Eastern considered a different race in other parts

of the world? I'm genuinely curious. :blink:

In my humble point of view and quoting the Mastah, he's a mutt, but aren't we all?

:shocked:

Portuguese, at least, owe their origins to Iberians, Celtiberians, Arabs, Jewish, Romans and a bunch of peeps that came here for our sunny weather more than 1000 years ago...:thumb_yello:

Even me, my mothers side come from Italy my father's side from Portugal then Africa, even Brasil, so I'm not sure of what I am...:shocked::naughty::biggrin2:

I personally took "radically mixed" in a musical way, like he has a lot of influences, but I'm probably wrong :naughty:

Only wrong because it says "racially mixed" not "radically mixed":wink2: