New Live Show!

dcdeb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I don't mean to be a whiner here (ha. ha.), but I am really disappointed that I cannot attend the concert because of the age restriction. I mean, I promised myself if the gig was anywhere in the United States, I would be there, but then this little thing comes up. :hair:

I guess the reason I'm running my mouth is--is there any possible way to get around the age restriction?

Other than a fake ID? I mean, if it gets to that point...:teehee:

Now I don't mean to be a whiner here (ha. ha.), but I am really disappointed that I cannot attend the concert because of the age restriction. I mean, I promised myself if the gig was anywhere in the United States, I would be there, but then this little thing comes up. :hair:

I guess the reason I'm running my mouth is--is there any possible way to get around the age restriction?

Other than a fake ID? I mean, if it gets to that point...:teehee:

Kira...think.....hes 45 minutes away from my house.

Ive...never mind. It doesnt matter complaining anymore. Im in tears over here right now. :(

PS: So this performer

http://lepoissonrouge.inticketing.com/evinfo.php?eventid=32887

is scheduled either before MIKA's performance or in a different space?

Don't know, Alice -- I think it's before Mika, totally separate from his

show.

and besides noone ever sees my question about the EP...:no:

Maybe because you're posting it in threads about the gig, and that's

all anyone wants to discuss here? :blink:

Seriously, what question do you have about the EP? PM me. :thumb_yello:

I still cant wrap my mind around it. Hell be so freaking close. And I cant go becuase the stupid venue is over 18 only.

And I know he wont come back to NYC. Why would he if he already did?

Just tell me....why this ONE gig? My heart is absolutely broken.

Awww, I'm sorry, I really am. But he WILL be back to NYC, definitely

when he does the regular tour to promote the album. It may be another

few months yet, but he will be back. I can guarantee you this won't be

his last show in NYC ever. You just have to hang on a little bit longer.

I realize it's got to be a huge disappointment, but really, he'll be back.

I am horrifcly upset about this show being over 18 only.

I have waited for two years for a mika gig, and one finally comes. 45 minutes away from my house. My parents told me they would take me.

And its over 18 only.

Why.

I cried this morning. Its not fair.

:sad:

:huglove::huglove:

That's really sucky. I would cry too...He will be back again, though. There will be other chances.:wink2:

:sad:

:huglove::huglove:

That's really sucky. I would cry too...He will be back again, though. There will be other chances.:wink2:

I know....but its just....two years of this painful anticipation, checking EVERYDAY....EVERYDAY checking here and mikasounds for ANYTHING. And nothing. Its ridiculous.

I watched those Brixton videos, and I know you couldn't have a "decent" and "normal" conversation in those conditions. Even though some people didn't have the chance to talk to him at all, you can see they were all having an amazing time... I think these things are not just about handshaking Mika, having a hug etc. It's the "vibe" and being in that situation, even not meeting him, I don't know, you can feel that "magic".

Sorry Neiobi, I just have to pull you up on this one. There were quite a few people that were not having an amazing time. But you wouldn't have seen them because they weren't on the videos, because they weren't mugging Mika.

Sorry Neiobi, I just have to pull you up on this one. There were quite a few people that were not having an amazing time. But you wouldn't have seen them because they weren't on the videos, because they weren't mugging Mika.

Ow:boxed: Shoved in the back?

And you don't have to be sorry at all.. You're just being realistical.

Unfortunately there's always someone who ends up not having such a good time... Mostly because there are people who get too excited around him.

Edited by Neiobi

I think I must have missed something.

Is this new gig date the same thing as the 'keep this code it's special' and/or the 'you will receive a gift e-mail'?

Nope Ruth, we're still waiting on the code thing

EDIT: Okay, to avoid confusion: We haven't heard anything about the original ticket/EP codes, the NYC tickets are also getting codes. It would now appear that we are not getting any info until June 8th.

Edited by Mikafish

I know....but its just....two years of this painful anticipation, checking EVERYDAY....EVERYDAY checking here and mikasounds for ANYTHING. And nothing. Its ridiculous.

Sammy, Mika was in NYC in February 2008, just a little over a year ago.

I'm just saying that you haven't been waiting for two years without

"anything." He HAS been to NYC before, and he WILL be there again.

Honest. It's one of the biggest, most important cities on Earth. He'll

be back. You just need to keep the faith. :huglove:

I think I must have missed something.

Is this new gig date the same thing as the 'keep this code it's special' and/or the 'you will receive a gift e-mail'?

No, the code thing is still a mystery, Ruth -- we should find out about

it next week.

This New York City gig we're talking about here is completely separate. :thumb_yello:

Sammy, Mika was in NYC in February 2008, just a little over a year ago.

I'm just saying that you haven't been waiting for two years without

"anything." He HAS been to NYC before, and he WILL be there again.

Honest. It's one of the biggest, most important cities on Earth. He'll

be back. You just need to keep the faith. :huglove:

No, the code thing is still a mystery, Ruth -- we should find out about

it next week.

This New York City gig we're talking about here is completely separate. :thumb_yello:

I know that. I couldnt make that one either. Let me promise you, I have tried to get to anything within a few hours of me. NYC is all my parents will allow.

I have waited for two years for a mika gig, and one finally comes. 45 minutes away from my house. My parents told me they would take me.

And its over 18 only.

Why.

Oh I am genuinely sorry, honey.

I think that this may be because the first group tend to be active in order to pursue things, and the second group may get stuck in the 'it's just down to luck so whatever I do won't make a difference' mindset and therefore not get it. As a rule of thumb, obviously, and not as an absolute truth.

Sorry, not quite following here. Which group does this apply to and which context are you using it in?

If you believe you make your own luck, then receive a truly massive bit of bad luck, you can feel bad about yourself for not having made a success of it.

For example, like you I made choices, took qualifications, got experience then moved to another country (admittedly on a temp contract) which I thought would suit me and planned to setle. Within 8 weeks I was back in Middlesbrough having been been falsely accused of racism, fired and in an almost impssible position trying to get another teacher of endlish as a foreign language job as it's a small world.

I wasted ages trying to work out what I'd done wrong and why I "failed". But it was just bad luck.

So I joined a big accountancy firm with 8 other trainees- of which 7 were soon made redundant. That wasn't wholly luck- but I hadn't got much experience during my time there, because I was down to be a junior on an audit that kept being put back at the last minute. Again I felt dreadful about failing to make my own luck. For a long time after that I took jobs addressoing envelopes because I thought that was about my level. Which is ridiculous.

So (bet you thought i'd gone off the point!) it wasn't until I accepted that some things were just a matter of luck that I could make pro-active choices based on my actual abilities.

Ow:boxed: Shoved in the back?

And you don't have to be sorry at all.. You're just being realistical.

Unfortunately there's always someone who ends up not having such a good time... Mostly because there are people who get too excited around him.

:naughty:No not shoved in the back, just some people chose to do as they were asked which was wait for Mika to come round, he was supposed to work the room. Instead he could hardly move because people were following him around.

And its over 18 only.

Why.

im crying as i type this also' date=' i am still buying the tickets also and going to the city and see if i can bargin with the people i dont care i just called the place and they said they have no info on it since its not onsale to the public but im buying them and then calling them tomorow again[/quote']

I really am sorry for you guys- and you Superstar