MIKA Live in New York, June 23rd, 2009

Sheesh, that stinks. :sneaky2:

It's Greenwich Village, isn't it? I checked the map and it's near Houston...

and it says it's situated on the historic "Village Gate"... near Washington Sq.

etc. I'm no native New Yorker, but that's the Village, yeah?

I got everything settled, my ticket is purchased:boing:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the **** that is so screwed up!!!!!!! Seriously im hysterically crying that is not fair!

I'm sorry. You're the first person I thought of when I heard about the age restriction and if there was anything we could do to help we would. I wish it could have turned out another way.

I don't think so :naughty:

But I see a "babspanky" on the RSVP list, under the YES heading... :shocked:

I got everything settled, my ticket is purchased:boing:

:yay: See you there!

Christine has said it , we've asked several times and even the possibility that an older person can take a younger one in .. and its a no.

Sorry

this is crazy it is so unfair and the only reason behind is probably the fact that he is having another burlesque opening act or something cuz it has nothing to do with the venue i just called them

this is crazy it is so unfair and the only reason behind is probably the fact that he is having another burlesque opening act or something cuz it has nothing to do with the venue i just called them

What exactly did the venue tell you? I had contacted them yesterday and they gave me wrong information (said it was 21+ only), so I am not confident in their answers.

do we have to be 18 or older to go or do u have to be 18 just to buy and pick up the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

Now that would be just the icing on the cake of ridiculousness :thumb_yello:

Maybe someone will talk some reason into them at short notice. If not, I feel your pain. You can hardly set up your default audience on lollipops and plush and then rate your shows adults only :aah:

I have to log off. I've had enough of that nonsense. It shouldn't even affect me.

It's right by Washington Square Park... which is downtown, south of most of those landmarks. Near W. 4th Street. I don't know if any of that description helps at all but it's not in a very touristy area except that it's on Bleecker St. near The Bitter End (which is where Mika once had a small showcase in 2006/2007 if I'm not mistaken).

Thank you...and to Christine and Deb too. IF I book tickets I will have to look for a hotel

Happy people , we likes that

We do indeed.

I feel like I have just layed an egg:naughty:

yes we do!!!

everything is running smoothly, we've got a real exclusive (if people do not post the ticket link everwhere....), server did not crash...this is a milestone in our history

enjoy fans who are going!

be proud!

It is BRILLIANT news...I keep clicking on MS just to check that it is not yet available there:naughty:

Oh I hope your wish comes true! You can be the decadent one this time. It will be great.

Decadent ?No...this is my annual holiday with my husband. It is just that he (or I) didn't know we were spending it in New York until today, that's all.

I don't think so

There is time yet!

What the **** that is so screwed up!!!!!!! Seriously im hysterically crying that is not fair!

I am SO sorry for you, I can just imagine your heartbreak

Edited by kath

What exactly did the venue tell you? I had contacted them yesterday and they gave me wrong information (said it was 21+ only), so I am not confident in their answers.

they told me that they have no information regarding mikas show since its not sold out to the public yet only through here and when i asked if it is the venue or the artist that makes the decision on 18 or older and they said it depends on the artist and the venue sometimes the artist requests it and others the venue wants it based on the performance and what goes into it... thats where i think the whole burlesque thing comes into play...i dont think its mika that wants it to be 18 or older i dont think he minds having 13 14 15... year olds watching it i just think that the venue doesnt want to get in trouble and calls it...

i know cuz its def not mika that is inappropriate cuz that would actually be a joke

Only only thing I can think of its a bar? , and that has age restrictions ?

Sorry Im by no means an expert on the USA , just thinking out loud

Shame , we all said this when we saw it ... I feel and agree

they said that they have had concerts before with no age limit...

im buying the ticket any way and see i if i can barder with them to let me in and if still no ill let my mom in shes also a mika fan :tears: o god i have been crying for over an hour this is so not fair! it was on the last day of school a week before i move to france :crybaby:

Oh boy..I can sure feel our "17 and under" member's pain. I remember when this happened to me when I was a kid. My Mother had to call and beg for them to let me in. It didn't work but boy, did she try. :thumb_yello: I don't understand the whole 18+ thing either. Some bars do the "All ages" shows and others do not. So, I wonder why this one is.

Big hugs :huglove:

What are the licencing laws in NYC?

I assumed it was because the gig is on later and the venue wouldn't be allowed to admitt people below 18 after a certain time...just my guess.

It doesn't make sense for the opening act to be the reason!

Hey Aimee!!!

Im sorry to hear that!!! I was not even paying attention when I got my tickets.

Hey Aimee!!!

Im sorry to hear that!!! I was not even paying attention when I got my tickets.

hey lucy... yeah im really upset i have been crying since 3 oclock and oiii today has been an emotional rollercoaster! i get a text from alex saying its in nyc (my last day of school) and then i call her she tells me its 18 or over but i just say im getting the tix anyway then im happy for the rest of the day (esp. after i got a 100 on my french oral regents) and then i come home to find that there would be no way of me getting in ON TOP OF THAT I HAVE MY PERIOD SO I AM PMSING LIKE MASSIVELY AND I HAVE CRAMPS LIKE NO TOMOROW

BUT I AM GETTING THEM ANYWAY CUZ I DONT ****ING CARE UGHHH

In Chicago, (Mika gig) they gave out wristbands to those of legal age who wanted to buy drinks. They do this in Toronto too....could this not be presented as an option?

I don't think it has anything to do with an opening act. Greg brought his children to the LA gig. I also spoke to someone later who indicated that Mika didn't know the striptease was going to be quite the wild show that it was.

I really think that was a one-off.

This is what they did at the Roxy also but they stamped your hand if you were over 21. Must be something that can be done.

In Chicago, (Mika gig) they gave out wristbands to those of legal age who wanted to buy drinks. They do this in Toronto too....could this not be presented as an option?

I don't think it has anything to do with an opening act. Greg brought his children to the LA gig. I also spoke to someone later who indicated that Mika didn't know the striptease was going to be quite the wild show that it was.

I really think that was a one-off.

its not up to the people to judge whether it is risky or not its up to the venue so if mika said that his opening will be a burlesque dancer (even if he says its not risky) the venue can decide to put a barred age limit because they dont want to take responsibility