ALL Mika fan-art - Part II

EnFa

Juls, your drawings are amazing! I totally love them And you need to submit them for the yearbook. :)

This isn't her answer, I know, but I thought that I'd add it. My friend and I were talking to an artist on Sunday and we I took a look at his sketchbook. We noticed that he did his sketches mainly in ballpoint pen, and we asked him why. He said because you can't erase pen, if forces you to do good art on the first try. Also, you can get different types of strokes (wispy, bold etc)...but I thought the forcing-you-to-do-well-on-the-first-try part was more explanatory.

And don't worry about have 'the guts'. Just go ahead with it and try, if you wish. And if you truly hate it...recycle the paper. :pinkbow:

Ha, that's a good answer indeed....true, yeah....I shall try it then....and if I won't succeed I'll just "recycle" the paper...:roftl: ...and try to calm down.....:biggrin2:

Great horse drawings guys! I love horses too! Even though the last time I rode one it just accidentally stood on two feet and I fell off....that hurt!!:boxed: But I'm planning to give horseriding a try again....:teehee:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha, that's a good answer indeed....true, yeah....I shall try it then....and if I won't succeed I'll just "recycle" the paper...:roftl: ...and try to calm down.....:biggrin2:

Great horse drawings guys! I love horses too! Even though the last time I rode one it just accidentally stood on two feet and I fell off....that hurt!!:boxed: But I'm planning to give horseriding a try again....:teehee:

Yay! Have you tried drawing them?... I'd love to see it if you have :teehee:

Yay! Have you tried drawing them?... I'd love to see it if you have :teehee:

Ha lol, sorta....I did the chimera for the last year's yearbook cover which is based on a horse....but turned out to be a mad creature...:biggrin2:

I wanna draw a proper one anyway....and I will!! :mf_rosetinted:

thank you!

:biggrin2:

:teehee::teehee:

Thats my mare, Holly :wub2:

I see no drawings...

she is very pretty :wub2:

Juls, your drawings are amazing! I totally love them And you need to submit them for the yearbook. :)

This isn't her answer, I know, but I thought that I'd add it. My friend and I were talking to an artist on Sunday and we I took a look at his sketchbook. We noticed that he did his sketches mainly in ballpoint pen, and we asked him why. He said because you can't erase pen, if forces you to do good art on the first try. Also, you can get different types of strokes (wispy, bold etc)...but I thought the forcing-you-to-do-well-on-the-first-try part was more explanatory.

oh wow that's exactly how it is. :D you have to give your best when u draw with a pen :D hahah and when u make mistakes u have to create something new out of it :D haha.. so because of that...

i'll show you my mistakes in my drawings :D for everyone who wants to see.. :D hahaha

i made circles around my mistakes :P

schili.jpg

so in this one.. this little man there it should have been an egg in a basket of a easterbunny xD.. but i only draw the egg and then decided i don't like the idea so it's a man now xD

hundm.jpg

this one is one big mistake. it should have been a Hippo but it after i draw the face i thought it looks more like a dog :D

skiiizze.jpg

and now the big one :D....

1) there used to be a bird.. now it's a cloud haha

2) there used to be a bucket..

3) oh and that used to be a sun

well there are more liittle mistakes but they're not things who turned out totally diffrent like the ones i mentioned. =D

oh wow that's exactly how it is. :D you have to give your best when u draw with a pen :D hahah and when u make mistakes u have to create something new out of it :D haha.. so because of that...

i'll show you my mistakes in my drawings :D for everyone who wants to see.. :D hahaha

i made circles around my mistakes :P

schili.jpg

so in this one.. this little man there it should have been an egg in a basket of a easterbunny xD.. but i only draw the egg and then decided i don't like the idea so it's a man now xD

hundm.jpg

this one is one big mistake. it should have been a Hippo but it after i draw the face i thought it looks more like a dog :D

skiiizze.jpg

and now the big one :D....

1) there used to be a bird.. now it's a cloud haha

2) there used to be a bucket..

3) oh and that used to be a sun

well there are more liittle mistakes but they're not things who turned out totally diffrent like the ones i mentioned. =D

you cant tell, unless you point them out... but then you plan on something- and get a surprise- isnt that much more fun? :naughty:

you cant tell, unless you point them out... but then you plan on something- and get a surprise- isnt that much more fun? :naughty:

yes i love that..i never have an idea how a drawing is going to look like. it always changes :D

These are some doodles from my school books :teehee:

My teacher found them and made me cut them all out :thumbdown:

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3855

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3854

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3853

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3852

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=3851

I just had to say that I was listening to the 30 second clip of "Good Gone Girl"...and as soon as I saw these pics, I heard the lyrics "those painted ponies that you've ridden all before" :teehee:

sure.

http://serena-rose.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wish I was a lot better though, especially when it comes to portraits. I get so envious of Zsina it must be unhealthy LOL!!! :roftl:

oh wow i really like your selfportrait o.O

hahah well zsina is like wonderwoman :shocked: she's so damn good at drawing people.

i never ever draw people :D and when i have to i don't draw the face i just leave it empty hahah

haha and i love the mika manga :D you get diffrent perspectives very goood :) sry for my english xD

oh wow i really like your selfportrait o.O

hahah well zsina is like wonderwoman :shocked: she's so damn good at drawing people.

i never ever draw people :D and when i have to i don't draw the face i just leave it empty hahah

haha and i love the mika manga :D you get diffrent perspectives very goood :) sry for my english xD

Oh thank you! You're too kind. I'd love to be able to draw like Zsina, I really look up to her and admire her skills. I wish I was at her standard. I mean, how do people draw like that? It's magic. I have no idea about materials and stuff, I've mostly progressed by myself. I tried to study art at college but wanted to do cartoons. My teacher slated my work and claimed it "wasn't art", to which I said "You're an ART TEACHER, isn't everything supposed to be ART?!"

But it's true - art teachers and art colleges see cartoons as a "bad form of escapism". I mean wtf? You take a piece of paper, you pick up and pencil and you f***ing draw. What's the difference in the process? You make it the same way as you make anything else! It's only the outcome that's different.

But I'd love to learn the professional way of drawing portraits. It would probably help where cartoons are concerned because of proportions and stuff.