Mika and ALL AGE N. American venues!

pianogirlsammy

Im not trying to ruffle any feathers, or petition in any way. I just hope that this thread and all the people who feel the same as I do can perhaps get our boy to try and get some more N. American gigs which suit ALL AGES!

So....for those fourplets out there, and all those who fall under the age of 18, alot of us are upset about the NYC gig.

I know personally for me, I havent been able to make a NYC gig in the last two years, and was REALLY hoping to see him this summer. Im hoping if we get enough people to comment on this thread, perhaps we can twitter Mika, email him, or SOMEHOW get him to see it, and he will realize that he really should do some more N. American all ages dates.I mean, RAK1 had mentioned that there are alot of venues in NYC that ARE all ages, and some that have all-age friendly time slots.

Im hoping that if enough people agree, he will understand that he needs to come back and give us another, all ages N. American set of gigs, perhaps more in NYC.

So......whos with me? Come on fourplets, I know youre out there.
:wink2:

peace,love,music....

-sAmMy ;D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to ruffle any feathers, or petition in any way. I just hope that this thread and all the people who feel the same as I do can perhaps get our boy to try and get some more N. American gigs which suit ALL AGES!

So....for those fourplets out there, and all those who fall under the age of 18, alot of us are upset about the NYC gig.

I know personally for me, I havent been able to make a NYC gig in the last two years, and was REALLY hoping to see him this summer. Im hoping if we get enough people to comment on this thread, perhaps we can twitter Mika, email him, or SOMEHOW get him to see it, and he will realize that he really should do some more N. American all ages dates.I mean, RAK1 had mentioned that there are alot of venues in NYC that ARE all ages, and some that have all-age friendly time slots.

Im hoping that if enough people agree, he will understand that he needs to come back and give us another, all ages N. American set of gigs, perhaps more in NYC.

So......whos with me? Come on fourplets, I know youre out there.
:wink2:

peace,love,music....

-sAmMy ;D

Just to clarify, I said, that surely there must be venues that can do all age friendly gigs in NYC.

Not coming from there, I'm not in a position to say, but I do support you in wanting an explanation for why this 18+ venue was chosen, when a lot of fans who would like to go are under that agegroup.:thumb_yello:

I think it might be worth writing a letter or something for one of the other fans to give him to say how upset/annoyed/pissed off/etc you are that you can't go due to your age.

I personally think it's unfair to you guys that he's doing a gig in a place that doesn't allow under 18s...

If this had happened when I was seventeen I'd be pretty upset, no doubt.

With that said, right on :thumb_yello:

Coming from another point of view though, I don't know what venue mika wanted or what venue agreed to hold a show...there may or may not have been many options. No one knows what went down when deciding on the venue. But I'm pretty sure Mika knows that he has a large teen following...and those ticket sales alone are significant (I would think)

I think it might be worth writing a letter or something for one of the other fans to give him to say how upset/annoyed/pissed off/etc you are that you can't go due to your age.

I personally think it's unfair to you guys that he's doing a gig in a place that doesn't allow under 18s...

I've already written a few letters just on my computer, but that was when I was sobbing my better part out. Maybe I'll revise it. :naughty:

yeah, it definitely sucks for those who aren't old enough but its not "unfair".

It happens...all the time! And it happens/happened to everyone!

And i cant say it doesn't suck huge donkey balls sometimes, because it does.

Edited by BangBangLou

If this had happened when I was seventeen I'd be pretty upset, no doubt.

With that said, right on :thumb_yello:

Coming from another point of view though, I don't know what venue mika wanted or what venue agreed to hold a show...there may or may not have been many options. No one knows what went down when deciding on the venue. But I'm pretty sure Mika knows that he has a large teen following...and those ticket sales alone are significant (I would think)

I completely agree with you. I guess it's a bit hard to organise an all ages gig with about 4 weeks to go...

Though I find it a bit hard to believe that they couldn't organise it so they could have all ages... then again, I'm not aware of NY liquor laws so maybe not...

Wait, hang on! Wasn't the LA gig in a venue that's usually over 21?

I've already written a few letters just on my computer, but that was when I was sobbing my better part out. Maybe I'll revise it. :naughty:

That might be a good idea...

Maybe wait a few days, compose yourself, then write it.

I know I spent a lot of time bitching about not getting anything, but it really pisses me off that you guys are so close and can't go... I really enjoyed seeing Mika all those years ago (okay, 2 years :naughty:) and I want everyone to be able to enjoy Mika... Even if you only to get in to the show, that's more than enough...

And I have to say I'm annoyed that I missed out on commenting on what was said in the new live show thread...

Anyways, I'm here if you need support or a shoulder to cry on... just as long as you promise not to throw stuff at me or hit me, I'll stay! :thumb_yello:

yup thats me (even though i got tickets im still not sure whether my perfectly illegal plan will work:boxed:im praying it does though) i already messaged mika on everything possible asking why and twittered him 45 times today by copying and pasting the same message over and over again lol

I know I spent a lot of time bitching about not getting anything, but it really pisses me off that you guys are so close and can't go... I really enjoyed seeing Mika all those years ago (okay, 2 years :naughty:) and I want everyone to be able to enjoy Mika... Even if you only to get in to the show, that's more than enough...

And I have to say I'm annoyed that I missed out on commenting on what was said in the new live show thread...

Anyways, I'm here if you need support or a shoulder to cry on... just as long as you promise not to throw stuff at me or hit me, I'll stay! :thumb_yello:

Boy, I know if I was an older MFC member, I would get tired of all this griping from us U18's. We really should whine less, but it's just so hard! Haha, that's MFC for you.

I guess for so many of us who have never seen Mika, it's a real let down that the one gig he plays in the States is +18. I don't know who's fault it is, but it's obvious now that there's nothing (legal) we can do.

Thanks for bearing with us you guys! All this bitching's gotta get old! :naughty:

yeah, it definitely sucks for those who aren't old enough but its not "unfair".

It happens...all the time! And it happens/happened to everyone!

And i cant say it doesn't suck huge donkey balls sometimes, because it does.

I can't say I know what it's like to not be able to get into over 18 gigs, because any gigs where I live have been all ages (even the ones with a prominent bar area), and besides that, the first proper gig I went to was over 18 (and coincidentally Mika).

I think it is unfair, but I'm not about to start an argument about whether we should use the word unfair or not.

Boy, I know if I was an older MFC member, I would get tired of all this griping from us U18's. We really should whine less, but it's just so hard! Haha, that's MFC for you.

I guess for so many of us who have never seen Mika, it's a real let down that the one gig he plays in the States is +18. I don't know who's fault it is, but it's obvious now that there's nothing (legal) we can do.

Thanks for bearing with us you guys! All this bitching's gotta get old! :naughty:

Come on, you're talking to an Aussie... we're old hands at whinging! (which I get the impression we should stop, because apparently it's life and we should just get over it... or completely waste our savings and go anyways...)

OMG... :shocked:

I just had a thought... That's the last week of school before I go on hols, I'm thinking I might be able to go over... as long as I have the money...

I really don't understand why Mika is making it a +18 show, and if it's because of the opening act then why can't he just stop doing the burlesque act? He would also sell more tickets.

If the NY gig were for all ages I would have had the oportunity to go, even if I live in Florida. But I feel really bad for those people who are under 18 and could have gone to this gig. I just want Mika to explain why it's an over 18 gig.

I really don't understand why Mika is making it a +18 show, and if it's because of the opening act then why can't he just stop doing the burlesque act? He would also sell more tickets.

If the NY gig were for all ages I would have had the oportunity to go, even if I live in Florida. But I feel really bad for those people who are under 18 and could have gone to this gig. I just want Mika to explain why it's an over 18 gig.

I think it's actually up to the venue and nothing to do with Mika...

Yeah. id just like an explanation.

And im a little upset with the brulesque opening act.

I mean, Ive waited so long for a gig to be all ages, and if i finally get to one i dont wnt some woman taking her clothes off infront of me and my mom (who WILL be with me) I mean thats just awkward for the two of us, and i dont see why it went on at LA (which was an all ages gig)

I mean i saw those little grisl in the front of the icecream truck pictures with their bracelets all ready to go, and i kept thinking....wow, those poor things had to see that?

Why say THATS an all ages gig? I mean...he PRE-announced it as all ages, and that opening act is just not right for the younger crowd to see.

mika didn't personnally make it 18+, he isn't in charge of booking his own venues, other people do that for him.

where did you get the idea that the reason it was 18+ was because of a burlesque dancer? :blink: i'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the venue is a bar. the burlesque dancer was a one time act! (i think :wink2:)

that said, i do feel sad for everyone who can't attend because of the age. it is a shame. but i'm sure he'll be back not long after his september album is out. i'm keeping my hopes for a proper gig in montreal! :thumb_yello:

I think it's actually up to the venue and nothing to do with Mika...

i think that's how it goes. :wink2:

Yeah. id just like an explanation.

And im a little upset with the brulesque opening act.

I mean, Ive waited so long for a gig to be all ages, and if i finally get to one i dont wnt some woman taking her clothes off infront of me and my mom (who WILL be with me) I mean thats just awkward for the two of us, and i dont see why it went on at LA (which was an all ages gig)

I mean i saw those little grisl in the front of the icecream truck pictures with their bracelets all ready to go, and i kept thinking....wow, those poor things had to see that?

Why say THATS an all ages gig? I mean...he PRE-announced it as all ages, and that opening act is just not right for the younger crowd to see.

That too, I hope he doesn't do that in more gigs cuz it's not something I'm looking forward to for my first Mika gig. And you're right, it probably was akward for people that went with their parents or with their younger/older siblings. When I showed my sister the vlog of the LA gig it was awkward in that part.

I thought someone said in another thread that the artist got to choose. :blink:

But wasn't the venue he played in LA usually +18?

Not as far as I know.. then again I'm not exactly an expert... :naughty:

mika didn't personnally make it 18+, he isn't in charge of booking his own venues, other people do that for him.

where did you get the idea that the reason it was 18+ was because of a burlesque dancer? :blink: i'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that the venue is a bar. the burlesque dancer was a one time act! (i think :wink2:)

that said, i do feel sad for everyone who can't attend because of the age. it is a shame. but i'm sure he'll be back not long after his september album is out. i'm keeping my hopes for a proper gig in montreal! :thumb_yello:

i think that's how it goes. :wink2:

Agreed... it is a shame... then again, he will come back (but i know that's not comforting to those who can't go, I know it wouldn't be to me)...

I've almost lost all hope for an Aussie gig... that's why I'm considering going to NYC for this one...