Mika and ALL AGE N. American venues!

pianogirlsammy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to everyone who could otherwise go to this gig except for the year on their birth certificates. :tears:

I really don't think there's anything we can do at this point, for this particular gig - they were very clear it's 18 and over, no way around that.

And for the record, I really don't think it has anything to do with the burlesque dancer. First, I don't believe she'll even be at this gig - like others have said, that was likely a one-off just for the secret gig in LA. Secondly, there were children at the LA gig - I'm talking like eight year-olds, not teenagers under 18.

That said, we will try to pass on the message to Mika's people that having Mika play 18+ shows upsets a lot of his die-hard fans, and with any luck they'll be able to prioritize making shows all-ages in the future. No guarantees, of course, but certainly worth a try.

Yeah. id just like an explanation.

And im a little upset with the brulesque opening act.

I mean, Ive waited so long for a gig to be all ages, and if i finally get to one i dont wnt some woman taking her clothes off infront of me and my mom (who WILL be with me) I mean thats just awkward for the two of us, and i dont see why it went on at LA (which was an all ages gig)

I mean i saw those little grisl in the front of the icecream truck pictures with their bracelets all ready to go, and i kept thinking....wow, those poor things had to see that?

Why say THATS an all ages gig? I mean...he PRE-announced it as all ages, and that opening act is just not right for the younger crowd to see.

Seen from that perspective it makes no sense at all! Maybe it has to do with the bar serving alcohol or something but I really think Mika and his team should have checked such a simple thing before booking this place:sneaky2: it means so much for so many fans, it’s not like he’s in NY every week!

I really hope someone somewhere can find a solution to this ridiculous problem. Mika is definitely an all age artist, I know children who love his music, well at least Lollipop!:naughty:

Jokes aside; this is sad and crazy!

Pianogirlsammy… you where the first person I thought about when I heard about the 18 years restriction, I remember how badly you want to go to a Mika gig and this one is so close to you!:huglove:

You did the right thing to start this thread, now let’s hope Mika (or someone of his people) is curious enough to peek in to the MFC, which I think he is, and lets hope it’s not too late to do something about this or find a way to make it up for all the fans under 18 in this area!!!!

as the artist chooses the age limit. first of all, it would be the people who booked the venue for mika, not him personally.

also, if there is a bar, i don't think that the venue's permits allow them to have underage people. it may have something to do with that also.

Didn't her post say at the end, that they told her, that they DO have all age gigs at the venue?

So that makes it look like the balls in Team Mikas court!

Okay so I just mis-read the title of this thread as "Is Mika an illegal alien?"

It's 4:30am. I reeeeally should go to bed. :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl:

Maybe he is?:mf_rosetinted: Who knows?

Have a good nights sleep!:wub2:

Pianogirlsammy… you where the first person I thought about when I heard about the 18 years restriction, I remember how badly you want to go to a Mika gig and this one is so close to you!:huglove:

You did the right thing to start this thread, now let’s hope Mika (or someone of his people) is curious enough to peek in to the MFC, which I think he is, and lets hope it’s not too late to do something about this or find a way to make it up for all the fans under 18 in this area!!!!

Aw...thanks so much.....

I really am hoping the same thing. And thanks for thinking of me! ;)

Boy, I know if I was an older MFC member, I would get tired of all this griping from us U18's. We really should whine less, but it's just so hard! Haha, that's MFC for you.

I guess for so many of us who have never seen Mika, it's a real let down that the one gig he plays in the States is +18. I don't know who's fault it is, but it's obvious now that there's nothing (legal) we can do.

Thanks for bearing with us you guys! All this bitching's gotta get old! :naughty:

I'm an older MFC member, but I've already tweeted Mika about you young people being so upset. Maybe if more people tweet him, he'll arrange another gig in an all age venue.

I'm an older MFC member, but I've already tweeted Mika about you young people being so upset. Maybe if more people tweet him, he'll arrange another gig in an all age venue.

Yeah, as did I. And I know alot of people did.

Im REALLY hoping that happens. New N. American gig. :(

I was asked to repost this here. I called the club after following A Clays's link to the club:

http://lepoissonrouge.inticketing.com/events/39116/Mika

I called the club to confirm.

Yes, yes, yes! I called the club and they said they allow minors in with their LEGAL GUARDIAN. He did say that you can't just walk in with someone else off the street that was older, it had to be a legal guardian.

I told the guy I wanted to get the tickets to take my kids with me and I did not want to get there and then find out they couldn't get in. He said it was fine. The club policy had always been 18+ or with legal guardian.

I hope that helps!

I was asked to repost this here. I called the club after following A Clays's link to the club:

Yes, yes, yes! I called the club and they said they allow minors in with their LEGAL GUARDIAN. He did say that you can't just walk in with someone else off the street that was older, it had to be a legal guardian.

I told the guy I wanted to get the tickets to take my kids with me and I did not want to get there and then find out they couldn't get in. He said it was fine. The club policy had always been 18+ or with legal guardian.

I hope that helps!

:blink: we had checked and that's not what they had told us. i'm still not convinced. if it's true great! but i'm hoping there is no mistake :wink2:

I hope that helps!

Interesting turnaround from last night, where they were adamant no one under 18 was getting in!

I'm thinking the power of Twitter!:roftl:

If this is true, then thats great news! The under 18s can bring their guardian and have some family bonding time :naughty:

Does "family bonding time" involve covering the eyes of your children if pasties come off? :naughty:

Gosh, now I'm getting worried. I hate conflicting stories. The guy who answered at the club said THEIR policy was always with legal guardian. He says he did not know what the presale stipulations were. I really hope that he knows what he's talking about! I did not get his name though.

As I suggested in the other thread:

I would want to be reassured in writing. I would request this in an email response and get the name of the person (preferably the one in charge) to make that guarantee. I'd print this email and bring it with me. :blink:

ok thanks :wink2:

so...now under 18 can go? but the tickets are sold out, right?? :boxed:

Guys waiting for definite confirmation from the venue.

But Sammy had already got tickets, so if it's confirmed, she can bring her dad.

ok thanks :wink2:

so...now under 18 can go? but the tickets are sold out, right?? :boxed:

i'm waiting for an answer from them...

we've had conflicting answers in the past, so i'm waiting for a clearer answer.